Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

You're a cool dude, this is a cool game, I'm in! I've seen two LPs of this game so far, and there's something about it that's just...so watchable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Tiggum posted:

I can't understand how this game was ever successful. This far in and it still makes absolutely no sense, and it doesn't seem like it would be any fun to play at all. Particularly with all the fighting and getting lost you'd be doing if you didn't know exactly where to go and what to do at all times.

You don't play Silent Hills for the story, you play 'em for the atmosphere, which this game has in spades.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Tiggum posted:

Does it though? It kind of reminds me of Doom but six years too late and without the fun gameplay. :confused:

Yes, in my opinion. The setting, the music, the monster design...it all comes together to be a deeply unsettling experience. Just watch the opening where Harry walks down the alley in the beginning.

I've often thought that my personal vision of Hell would be similar to Silent Hill's otherworld. Gray, hopeless, chainlink and darkness and blood.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

bman in 2288 posted:

Speaking of Dahlia... It's kind of surprising we don't find out who Alyssa's birth father is. Then again, do you want to know who would willingly impregnate Dahlia?

It's Pyramid Head, duh

• Locked thread