Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Instant Sunrise posted:

This is a worse decision than closing the George Washington Bridge.

Fortunately Chris Christie is used to playing alone in a vast empty space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ryse looks good but I s very repetitive. :(

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Lol at Ryse being good. It was good for 10 minutes and then I realized I was playing a qte simulator.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Chris Christie posted:

EDIT: Lords of the Fallen was $9. What the hell why not.

Cause its the worst game in its genre?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Easily.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TvYAlSNEk8

Well, nice to see that this is happening. And since it's being done by Nixxes hopefully the input lag will be fixed!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Chris Christie posted:

Thanks for the heads up.

Guess I'll pick it up since it's $11 on Amazon for the Day One Edition. It's still $20 on Steam.

You are mentally ill.

Signed, a slowly-recovering mentally ill person.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Xbox One X: Project Scorpio Edition = overhyped marketing (OMG LIMITED QUANTITIES)

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Chris Christie posted:

Thanks for the heads up.

Guess I'll pick it up since it's $11 on Amazon for the Day One Edition. It's still $20 on Steam.

Hahahaha boy you're going to get owned by this thread.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I am going to impulse spend this economy into a second term for Trump.

You're all welcome.

There's not a separate thread for this, so I'll ask it here.

Is there ANY hope yet on the horizon for a return of NCAA football??? Any news??? It sucks that that no talent bust Ed O'Bannon's lawsuit came just at the right time for the last edition of NCAA football to be last-gen instead of this one. I'd throw my PS3 into the back of the closet but I have to keep it hooked up because it's the only way I can play college football.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Apparently madden 18 has some college teams in it so who knows

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Chris Christie posted:

Thanks for the heads up.

Please stop buying bad games/consoles.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
lol

Guillermus posted:

Hahahaha boy you're going to get owned by this thread.

You must be thinking of the Shark Tank. This is a nice thread for friends and not being disingenuous shits about video games. :)

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chris Christie posted:

I am going to impulse spend this economy into a second term for Trump.

You're all welcome.

There's not a separate thread for this, so I'll ask it here.

Is there ANY hope yet on the horizon for a return of NCAA football??? Any news??? It sucks that that no talent bust Ed O'Bannon's lawsuit came just at the right time for the last edition of NCAA football to be last-gen instead of this one. I'd throw my PS3 into the back of the closet but I have to keep it hooked up because it's the only way I can play college football.

I really wouldn't hold my breath about NCAA football. That lawsuit seems to have killed it triple dead. There's rumors every so often but nobody wants to get sued again, and now there's precedent for it.

Sorry, it bums me out too.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
I still think EA Access at the $30/year price point is a hell of a good deal, they just added Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 to the vault and I've been enjoying the heck out of Titanfall 2's campaign so far.

Those games plus all the GWG games I've accumulated over the years are enough of a reason for me to keep playing my xbone and get an xboxox when that's out.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You must be thinking of the Shark Tank. This is a nice thread for friends and not being disingenuous shits about video games. :)

Sure, people recommending him Ryse then going for Lords of the Fallen is the right way to go.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
360 gwg is good because the games are yours forever and are actually good fairly often. Xbone gwg is bad because of the opposite.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Chris Christie posted:

Thanks for the heads up.

lol

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
WOAH.

My Gamertag is still around. Was just able to log-in on the PC. NCAA 12 was the last XBOX game I played, September of 2013.

Civilization Revolution is the only game I "completed."

Do people actually compare gamer-scores and achievements with each-other and GAF about that??? Because if a game sucks or just dpesn't do it for me personally I sever immediately, screw "trophies"

Do small children still tea bag and swear at you if you play Halo online and get killed? Good times.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Feeling REAL GOOD about my life decisions right now.

Can't wait to play some Pacman on my $500 XBOX ONE X

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Chris Christie posted:

WOAH.

My Gamertag is still around. Was just able to log-in on the PC. NCAA 12 was the last XBOX game I played, September of 2013.

Civilization Revolution is the only game I "completed."

Do people actually compare gamer-scores and achievements with each-other and GAF about that??? Because if a game sucks or just dpesn't do it for me personally I sever immediately, screw "trophies"

Do small children still tea bag and swear at you if you play Halo online and get killed? Good times.

If your Gamerscore isn't above 100,000 you can't play online in Halo 5

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Daric posted:

If your Gamerscore isn't above 100,000 you can't play online in Halo 5

Most people can't play online in anything on Xbox due to "abuse" reports that are taken at face value. At least a few people who play Overwatch and certain other games for a month-ish suddenly found they couldn't find matches anymore because their rep is unrecoverably poisoned.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

I have a burning desire to preorder the xbox one x and I have no real reason to. My friends all game on PC. I just want to play some 4k games on my big fancy tv damnit

sidenote...I had shadow complex and a bunch of xbox live arcade games on my 360. I'd like to download them to my xbox one. I can see the achievements for them on my current profile so I know they should still be tied to it, but they don't show up on my "ready to download" tab. Does anyone know how to re-download virtual games you bought on 360? I tried refreshing the screen (both bumpers+x) and hard power cycling the console but neither worked.

Butter Hole fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Aug 21, 2017

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Not all 360 games are compatible on Xbox One, but I'm pretty sure Shadow Complex is at least, so if it's not showing as downloadable I don't know what the gently caress unless it's possible you had them on a different account than the one you're using now.

Also if your friends are PC gamers just get a fancy graphics card instead for it and wire your PC to the living room using that fancy new HDMI technology that's all the rage.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

univbee posted:

Most people can't play online in anything on Xbox due to "abuse" reports that are taken at face value. At least a few people who play Overwatch and certain other games for a month-ish suddenly found they couldn't find matches anymore because their rep is unrecoverably poisoned.

I'm surprised that I never got banned considering my days of XBL CoD4, MW2 and Blops1 trolling with other goons. We had a strong EU team that sometimes mixed with US goons that made pubbies scream all the time.

I've been playing online every day since 1998 and peak online experience was when goon Scatterfold told a kid that you unlocked MW2's developer menu by putting the 360 horizontal while the game was loading. Anyone who owned a 360 knows that usually ends with a scratched DVD and well, it was MW2, christmas day and all that poo poo. My profile had like a 96% avoided and all that stuff yet I still can play online.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah I think there's a concentrated widespread effort now among people who play on XBL, and probably made worse as populations are far, far lower than they were in the 360's heyday.

It's made even worse in some games, like in MCC (and possibly 5?) you can explicitly tell the game not to put you in a game with specific people, and the upper-tier people basically do this with all newcomers and completely block them out of the upper levels of play which is now just an insular club of the same players.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

univbee posted:

"Most people," huh. Weird. Enforcement.xbox.com says I'm a "good player."

H-How is that even possible?

univbee posted:

Not all 360 games are compatible on Xbox One, but I'm pretty sure Shadow Complex is at least, so if it's not showing as downloadable I don't know what the gently caress unless it's possible you had them on a different account than the one you're using now.

Also if your friends are PC gamers just get a fancy graphics card instead for it and wire your PC to the living room using that fancy new HDMI technology that's all the rage.

Where do you roll the mouse? The couch? That seems like a lot of work, actually.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

univbee posted:

Ugghhhhh

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

univbee posted:

Hm maybe if you quit playing poo poo tier baby games for babies you'd be okay

I just checked mine and

Congratulations! You have a perfect record

And I own and talk poo poo to people in Dark Souls games all the time

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Nice meltdown

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

This is for the 360, but I went back through my download history to grab a few things I wanted to replay, and I noticed it was light. Super light. Missing half the things I ever had light. Is it just pulling things out of the list or what? I know for a fact I've played Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light but my download history says I never bought it.

e: Also since I got around to playing it Fable Anniversary is loving awful

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Aug 22, 2017

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

There have been cases of things disappearing from people's purchase history that they've had to solve by making a phone call. Suggest checking your gmail archive for the email confirmation when you bought it. Another possibility: maybe you got it on Steam?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

TheScott2K posted:

There have been cases of things disappearing from people's purchase history that they've had to solve by making a phone call. Suggest checking your gmail archive for the email confirmation when you bought it. Another possibility: maybe you got it on Steam?

No, I have the 360 cheevos to prove it. It looks like I'm missing most of it after like 2012. I may need to make a call later then. I didn't plan on playing most of those games again but there were a few I was going to grab and some aren't on the store anymore.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I had some issues with Burnout Paradise time ago (by the time the xbone released), like it shows on my library on xbox.com account and on my download history on my 360 but when I went to the store through the console, it showed that I had to purchase it again. Fortunately checking one day, it was a bug on the store since just pressing the buy button it said it had no cost for me.

Maybe check some stuff manually if you remember and see if you can still download it again free.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Did you perhaps play disc versions?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Cojawfee posted:

Did you perhaps play disc versions?

Or on someone else's console, because they'd actually bought the digital version.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Hemmed and hawwed too much yesterday and lost amazon xbonex pre order opportunity. You think they'll restock before launch?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

incoherent posted:

Hemmed and hawwed too much yesterday and lost amazon xbonex pre order opportunity. You think they'll restock before launch?

there's a 100% chance you will be able to buy a Day One Edition 4 years later.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

incoherent posted:

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Enough people are so weak minded as to be easily dissuaded by Grima Worm-Tongues from something they would enjoy that you'll probably be able to walk into any store with an electronics section and buy one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

Xbox One X: Project Scorpio Edition = overhyped marketing (OMG LIMITED QUANTITIES)

Wait for Shadow Puppet to come back in games to make people angry just by posting pictures of unsold day one borpio pallets