Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Pac-Man's up. Doesn't seem to be on the Game Pass app on the console yet, but you can search for it in the Store app and download it there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

The Kins posted:

Pac-Man's up. Doesn't seem to be on the Game Pass app on the console yet, but you can search for it in the Store app and download it there.

It's there on my machine, on the 'recently added' tab.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Huh, maybe mine didn't refresh properly or something.

Also, I think there might be input lag, which is very silly.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Disposable Scud posted:

So what was the final word on Weird West?

It’s alright, but the devs have said they’re planning on overhauling a ton of the mechanics. Put it on the backlog imho

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

This Pacman arcade is noisy as hell.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Pac-Man is trapped in an arcade in a floating void playing Pac-Man game noises from 10 different machines simultaneously, endlessly. His own personal hell.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

elf help book posted:

Pac-Man is trapped in an arcade in a floating void playing Pac-Man game noises from 10 different machines simultaneously, endlessly. His own personal hell.

So he's a dark lord of Ravenloft?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Rageaholic posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1529971953477373953

Anyone else get free Xbox money? I checked my messages and I did.

I got 5 bucks

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009
Question. Is it still possible to get retroarch on the xsx? And if so what were the steps required?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

l33tfuzzbox posted:

Question. Is it still possible to get retroarch on the xsx? And if so what were the steps required?

Yep you literally just open edge on the Xbox and go to https://gamr13.github.io/

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yep you literally just open edge on the Xbox and go to https://gamr13.github.io/

Awesome thanks. Do I still to pay for the dev mode access?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

l33tfuzzbox posted:

Awesome thanks. Do I still to pay for the dev mode access?

Nope

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

elf help book posted:

Thought this was a joke post then i launched the game, lmao

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

lmao

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
I just did my first refund request for a game. Surprisingly easy!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I did that a few weeks ago when I accidentally bought vanilla Witcher 3 over Witcher 3 GOTY. Went smoothly.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

I just did my first refund request for a game. Surprisingly easy!

I think Xbox is more like Steam rather than PS. If you don't abuse the system they give you leeway. I've probably refunded 3 games including cyberpunk after 5 hrs and they all went through real quick.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So it's not just me? The controls in Pac-Man arcade + are super broken?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
OG Pac Man sure felt laggy as gently caress, yeah. It's missing inputs all over.

256 feels better.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Been getting into Sniper Elite 5 and
there’s a lot of tiny things they could do to make it much better, like when clicking into your binoculars: don’t make it zoom into where the cursor is! As this is a 3rd person view, the player will move the cursor to weird spots to get a better camera angle around the character. So you can probably guess no, I did not want to zoom into the loving bushes! Perhaps I was trying to zoom in on the soldier just above the bushes? :magemage:

I suppose it’s a symptom of a game designed fully for kb/m, and since that option exists they don’t optimize that last 10% goofiness on controller because of it. It’s a great gamepass title, looks good and runs at 60fps on series X easily. It’s just a shame the devs haven’t figured out how to make this game with new gameplay by the 5th version.

Why not kill hitler and be a spooky sniper but with a grappling hook? This is a video game let us gently caress around gd it.

Haptical Sales Slut fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 28, 2022

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Does Pac-Man + Museum not have Ms. Pac-Man?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I just played like 2 hours of Sniper Elite 5 and I think I've gotten the gist of it. So far, it's essentially the same as the other one I played several years back. It's fun when you're shooting Nazis at long range and watching their brains explode in slow motion (which I've already seen before in the last one of these I played), but the rest of it isn't. I'm glad this is a Game Pass title because I definitely would've had buyer's remorse if I got this at full price.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

pthighs posted:

They don't own that character

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Going for nut shots on every Nazi you see is the real way to play Sniper Elite. I have it installed, I’ll be playing it tonight.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

elf help book posted:

Tayter Swift posted:

OG Pac Man sure felt laggy as gently caress, yeah. It's missing inputs all over.

256 feels better.

pthighs posted:

I was really looking forward to this and it is a loud cacophony of noise, lag and absent games.

When they put this together no one listened to that arcade and thought hey lets maybe add a few cheap retro synth songs instead of a screaming wall of Pac-Man noise??

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

They don't own that character

lol wtf

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
iirc Bally midway made Ms Pac Man, or it was some sort of cloned romhack

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Tayter Swift posted:

or it was some sort of cloned romhack

It's this. Some arcade adjacent company called GCC made a romhack that became officially licensed by the US distributor, but not approved by Namco iirc. So the rights to the character are hosed up to this day.

If you want to learn way too much Pac Man history, check out Podouken's series on the... series. Here's a direct link to the Ms Pac Man episode, but they covered the whole run of arcade games across several episodes. Great listen. http://www.podouken.com/2020/11/18/ms-pac-man-episode-030/

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I'm just gonna say what we're all thinking. Pac man always sucked and was only acceptable when it was one of four arcade machines in existence.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Pac-Man CEDX is great

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

I was really looking forward to this and it is a loud cacophony of noise, lag and absent games.

When they put this together no one listened to that arcade and thought hey lets maybe add a few cheap retro synth songs instead of a screaming wall of Pac-Man noise??

lol wtf

Just walk up to the jukebox and pick a song if the noise bothers you lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Watch this cute video

https://twitter.com/officialpacman/status/1530187071142481920

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Seltzer posted:

I'm just gonna say what we're all thinking. Pac man always sucked and was only acceptable when it was one of four arcade machines in existence.

I think it kicks rear end myself.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Has anyone been using GeForce Now through their Xbox? How's it been working out?

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Seltzer posted:

Tru

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pac-Man still kicks rear end. It’s totally a great game still. Shame about this collection. The version in the Switch version of Namco Museum feels much better.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Is that pac man ce edition or whatever in this? The one that was on like Xbox arcade a while back?

I don't know what most of these are by name.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I enjoyed playing normal old PacMan then hopping machines to the 3D version where you can hop over ghosts because its cool to see how a couple little changes turn a fun game into a huge pile of poo poo

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Alright this sale they have going on has some really deep discounts on games including a lot of older ones that caught my eye, let me know if they're worth getting, I already got and started Asura's Wrath (4$) which is cool. Onimusha Warloards ($8) this looks to be remastered, Catherine ($5) I really don't know much about this except i've seen people talk about it a lot, and Red faction guerilla re-marstered ($6) I remember playing the original a long time ago and the world destruction was cool, wondering how much the re master changes things if at all.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i got mr driller drillland on sale and looked it up on trueachievements and only 200 people have the one for starting the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Seltzer posted:

Alright this sale they have going on has some really deep discounts on games including a lot of older ones that caught my eye, let me know if they're worth getting, I already got and started Asura's Wrath (4$) which is cool. Onimusha Warloards ($8) this looks to be remastered, Catherine ($5) I really don't know much about this except i've seen people talk about it a lot, and Red faction guerilla re-marstered ($6) I remember playing the original a long time ago and the world destruction was cool, wondering how much the re master changes things if at all.

Catherine is an interesting puzzle game with a weird rear end story. I've never finished it because the puzzle aspect is actually pretty challenging. Just be prepared for it go batshit crazy.