Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Okay I've mucked about with Two Point Campus and I really like it - it seems to solve the core problem of Hospital in that the trick to that game was to ignore amenities and comfort and all of that in favour of establishing the most optimal diagnosis-to-treatment conveyor belt possible. The fact that you get students at the start of the year and they are around for the academic year no matter what means you do have to work the scenario puzzle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
yeah I liked TPH at first but it quickly devolved into just plopping a million 3x2 dungeons to serve as doctors offices with a labyrinth of benches to guide patients to where they needed to go. maybe I'll check out Campus

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I just made a separate campus building that has nothing but food stands, drinks, games and a bunch of sofas to lounge on. It's great and it's a very popular spot.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
woke up this morning, looked at my Xbox and thought to myself "drat im winning"

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

I’ve played my Xbox Series X for like two hours in the two months since I’ve had it because I have a newborn. Not winning currently.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

yung lambic posted:

I’ve played my Xbox Series X for like two hours in the two months since I’ve had it because I have a newborn. Not winning currently.

Get the kid their own controller and kick their rear end at couch pvp games, and enjoy it while it lasts!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Babies loving love gamepass op, your baby should have come with a free subscription card too (check the buttcheeks)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Quick Resume was made for newborns. You should play games that let you enjoy them in 2 minute chunks, like THPS1+2 for example.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Proud to support The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Vision 2030 and LIV Golf!

yung lambic posted:

I know exactly where you're coming from. I have to do dailies in an mmo and Fall Guys every day. It's not a baby but it's the same level of constant obligation!

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
what's the trick to picking up/setting down the elite controller without activating the paddles? i haven't tried playing a game with it yet but was setting the other day and kept going through menus i didn't intend to

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

butt dickus posted:

what's the trick to picking up/setting down the elite controller without activating the paddles? i haven't tried playing a game with it yet but was setting the other day and kept going through menus i didn't intend to

Check if there's not a baby somewhere around.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Set it on a hard surface. I never have any issues with setting it in my coffee table, but something soft like the couch will hit the paddles.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

American McGay posted:

Quick Resume was made for newborns. You should play games that let you enjoy them in 2 minute chunks, like THPS1+2 for example.

I am really hoping that hits gamepass after the acquisition, I want to be able to play it on both xbox and pc.

Also any good alternatives to the elite controller? Are Scuf ones decent?

Seems like costco has pretty good prices on the elite fairly often might just get one for use on both pc and xbox.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yung lambic posted:

The first 6 months the baby doesnt move at all its prime gaming time you are blowing this. Wait until you have to actually watch it and chase it so it doesnt get hurt thats when gaming dies

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I did the whole redrix claymore grind in destiny 2 with a sleeping babby on me (at a 50/50 win loss ratio it was something like 500 pvp matches) now he's bigger and gaming moments are all lost, like tears in rain

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The worst part is when they get big enough to want to come see what you’re doing just when you think you have some gaming time to yourself.

Although it’s not really bad and is fun to watch them fumble around in fall guys or whatever.

The worst part will be when they don’t want anything to do with their lame uncool dad but not there yet!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

My kid likes the paw patrol game cause it has very little going on

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

Thanks for the tips. I will 100% be handing the little guy a controller once he’s old enough.

What MMO are you playing, by the way? Does Xbox have any decent ones that work on controller :crossarms:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Real hurthling! posted:

The first 6 months the baby doesnt move at all its prime gaming time you are blowing this. Wait until you have to actually watch it and chase it so it doesnt get hurt thats when gaming dies

Our youngest was a difficult sleeper and when I had baby duty, I just circled the coffee table for hours, with baby in a carrier on my chest and either watching Attack on Titan or playing REZ on my Xbox.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Getting into the various survival games on game pass and trying out Ark and Conan Exiles.. Pretty ridiculous amount of gaming available on GamePass, always impressed.

Also gonna try cooking simulator!

I was thinking about getting spider man for PC but with all this stuff I really don't need to get that at least not until it hits a decent sale on Steam.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Spiderman is fine idk. Its all first impression and 12 hours later its still basically just an arkham clone with a day night cycle and im giving it an 8.5 but my heart knows its an 8

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

Spiderman is fine idk. Its all first impression and 12 hours later its still basically just an arkham clone with a day night cycle and im giving it an 8.5 but my heart knows its an 8

It's absolutely Arkham with a more fluid movement system. Just zipping around the city in Spider-Man is fun. The story is ehhhhh and I didn’t love it enough to finish it or bother turning on the jet engine I call a ps4 to continue playing it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

arkham games were way better imho. 1/2 anyway

acksplode
May 17, 2004

My heart pumps blood instead of hurthling's icewater so the insanely good web swinging kept me engaged for however long it took me to nearly 100% the game. The combat is definitely Arkham but it's better than the Arkham games imo. Faster and more fluid and it's got aerial raves. Also doing my part to fight misinformation online: Spider-Man doesn't have a day/night cycle, rather fixed times-of-day that get advanced by the plot. It's a big reason it looks so good, lots of accurate baked lighting

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I liked it better than City but not better than Asylum but yes better than Prototype.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

One of the bigger strengths of the Arkham games is that they didn't institute a day/night cycle and instead focused on looking appropriately thematic

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

One of the bigger strengths of the Arkham games is that they didn't institute a day/night cycle and instead focused on looking appropriately thematic

Also Batman is cooler :colbert:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Spider-man sucks because it does the lovely open world game thing where an NPC is in your ear giving you quest hints nonstop but also this NPC is a cop.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Oh dang the game pass version of conan doesn’t have full nudity lmao

Release the nude dlc phil

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Yeah spiderman stands out cause it has the sun sometimes thats all i meant

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Spider-Man has always been my favorite superhero just because he's the friendly neighborhood wall crawler.

That said I agree that both the PS4 games are good but not great. They kind of show their hands in the first 4 hours. The Miles one is fun and adds invisibility and elemental damage.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I hear that Miles Morales game is coming to PC soon as well and it is the superior spider man game, so might as well wait for that one!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its better cause its shorter, has more moves that help you blast through the stealth, and they dont make you play as any non spider people

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

American McGay posted:

Spider-man sucks because it does the lovely open world game thing where an NPC is in your ear giving you quest hints nonstop but also this NPC is a cop.
it's yuri lowenthal's wife tho, which makes the banter super cute imo :kimchi:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Real hurthling! posted:

Its better cause its shorter, has more moves that help you blast through the stealth, and they dont make you play as any non spider people

oh poo poo I forgot about those sections in the first game. terrible

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Started Boyfriend Dungeon because it's leaving game pass, but while playing I discovered it's another of them roguelikes! Also it has too much text about stuff that's not at all interesting enough to read, much like this post.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

In boyfriend dungeon do you eventually find err meet a 2-handed/heavy weapon? Also lol i think i’ve already deduced who the stalker character is that the opening text warned about

e: Silly question Is it leaving middle of august, or end of the month?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

The correct answer is that the Hot Wheels DLC is also free if you do your Microsoft rewards quiz things every week

What quiz thing?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Lube Enthusiast posted:

In boyfriend dungeon do you eventually find err meet a 2-handed/heavy weapon? Also lol i think i’ve already deduced who the stalker character is that the opening text warned about

The dude at the mansion is a scythe, you can meet him almost right away. but the best weapon is a lightsaber imo. Of course it's really late in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Who it isn't the twist so much as the game trying to make you feel bad for not returning his advances