Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

Some would argue that less is more and that Arkham Asylum makes for a leaner, better flowing experience.

Even if you go to that argument, Arkham Asylum still has a less well thought out combat system and significantly worse boss fights. (And Arkham City wasn't exactly great on the boss fights aside from Freeze.) Also the challenge modes in City were miles better than Arkham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Even if you go to that argument, Arkham Asylum still has a less well thought out combat system and significantly worse boss fights. (And Arkham City wasn't exactly great on the boss fights aside from Freeze.) Also the challenge modes in City were miles better than Arkham.

Some of the stealth sections in Asylum are also a bit rough in hindsight without the mobility options and gadgets the later games bring.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Arkham Knight rules

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

elf help book posted:

Arkham Knight rules

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Seltzer posted:

Do yourself a favor and play DH, then DH2 then the standalone DLC. They are fantastic games. Similar in game feel to Deathloop but just better all around. This is coming from someone who likes Deathloop and would classify it as good. DH doesn't beat you over the head with story either, it lets you actually play the game and engage in a lot of environmental story telling if you so choose.

Maybe. How would it hold up if I skipped every cutscene?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

ColdPie posted:

Maybe. How would it hold up if I skipped every cutscene?

Probably. It's not a cutscene heavy game at all. Theres the intro and then everything else is super short.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Boomerman

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ImpAtom posted:

So we can settle this by him calling his guns Boomers.

I thibk I played on that GoW mod server.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Who else on that hype train for Dragon's Dogma 2?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

This Reddit post shows some before/after comparisons of the indoor lighting changes in the upcoming Starfield patch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/comments/19cxq2e/lighting_changes_from_the_beta_update_19470/

Looks pretty good! I'm waiting until it drops to finally jump back in and lose myself all over again.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, but Freeze is one of the best boss fights in video game history. It's almost worth the entire price alone.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Beastie posted:

Who else on that hype train for Dragon's Dogma 2?

Hell yeah. Since 2012 but it's finally happening!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

John F Bennett posted:

This Reddit post shows some before/after comparisons of the indoor lighting changes in the upcoming Starfield patch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/comments/19cxq2e/lighting_changes_from_the_beta_update_19470/

Looks pretty good! I'm waiting until it drops to finally jump back in and lose myself all over again.

"Make it look like Cyberpunk, drat it!"

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
It's weird they made a character that's all about having a hi tech umbrella and it's not Penguin.

I wish they made it a game I wanted to play cause it looks colorful.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

John F Bennett posted:

Does that make the game fun

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I think the game has always been fun. But if it's not for you, it's not for you!

Until then, I've hopped back into Hogwarts Legacy. I think Hogwarts has become one of my favorite video game locations to wander around in.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

WB sucks so much

Why is monolith making a Wonder Woman game

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

kri kri posted:

WB sucks so much

Why is monolith making a Wonder Woman game

Literally all WB has going for it at the moment are some of the most well-known IP in the entire world and any hope they have of survival involves leveraging it.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Literally all WB has going for it at the moment are some of the most well-known IP in the entire world and any hope they have of survival involves leveraging it.

Phil please buy monolith and have them work on NOLF titles Tia

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

kri kri posted:

I bet Phil likes NOLF he has good game taste.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

kri kri posted:

I am pretty sure literally nobody knows who owns the NOLF rights. They're a pretty infamous "it could be one of four different companies but none of the companies care enough to check."

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Vampire the Masquerade Survivors

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

all the Arkham games own, including the much maligned Origins

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ImpAtom posted:

I am pretty sure literally nobody knows who owns the NOLF rights. They're a pretty infamous "it could be one of four different companies but none of the companies care enough to check."

MS just has to buy all four. nbd

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

elf help book posted:

MS just has to buy all four. nbd

They'd have to buy Disney which I think is a bit outside of their budget.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Someone should just start working on No One Lives Forever 3, and then wait patiently to see if anyone challenges it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Someone should just start working on No One Lives Forever 3, and then wait patiently to see if anyone challenges it.

They've actually done that, it's what started the mess in the whole place. What happened is that Warner Brothers and Fox both basically did the legal version of "I can't say if I own it but I know for sure YOU don't own it so we're stonewalling you" and so the only option would be an incredibly expensive legal battle against megacorporations that could end with them gaining nothing.

Because capitalism they can basically deny any chance to rerelease the games or make a new one unless someone gets enough money to challenge multiple sets of Big Lawyers which anyone interested in NOLF is not going to have.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Presenting our latest game, Nobody Exists Indefinitely

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
THQ sale on the store. Buy up, Embracer group needs the money.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

John F Bennett posted:

I think the game has always been fun. But if it's not for you, it's not for you!

Until then, I've hopped back into Hogwarts Legacy. I think Hogwarts has become one of my favorite video game locations to wander around in.

the gently caress

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Not having a third NOLF is a level of pain similar to not having a third Half-Life.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
What have the actual humans who made NOLF been up to?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Charles Martel posted:

Not having a third NOLF is a level of pain similar to not having a third Half-Life.

So pure relief?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

It’s impressive how quickly WB speedran ruining everything they own, including their games division. Gotham Knights dogshit, MK1 just terrible and all but abandoned by its team due to its rushed development. Suicide Squad preparing to torpedo.

Out of all of those MK1 being poo poo sucks the most. The community managers for previous NRS games were always hype as gently caress about new characters and features, with this game they’ve pretty much done nothing. The Kombat Kasts before release didn’t even finish going through the whole roster, probably a sign they knew it wasn’t great.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
They should just make a legally distinct game called Everyone Dies Sometime 3 and use different spellings for the character names with slightly different designs.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
I own a physical copy of NOLF for my ancient PS2. Going to rip it and see if it works on my PS2 emulator on my Steamdeck.

E: and to bring this back to XBox, thank you thread for letting me know about the Dead Space remaster when it was ten bucks. That’s a hell of a deal. The game looks absolutely amazing.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Joker looks silly but the gameplay they showed actually looks fun, I think. Not a fan of the art style overall and I can't figure out why it's so bland when the Arkham games were so visually distinct and technically impressive. Obviously they want something more colorful and fun for the characters the game revolves around but it's such a bland style. They should have gone for a visual style like Sunset Overdrive imo.

Also, are the Arkham remasters still inferior to the originals? Been wanting to check them out but it was disappointing to see how badly they hosed them up. I'm guessing they were left as-is? Wish the originals were BC.

DLC Inc posted:

It’s impressive how quickly WB speedran ruining everything they own, including their games division. Gotham Knights dogshit, MK1 just terrible and all but abandoned by its team due to its rushed development. Suicide Squad preparing to torpedo.

Out of all of those MK1 being poo poo sucks the most. The community managers for previous NRS games were always hype as gently caress about new characters and features, with this game they’ve pretty much done nothing. The Kombat Kasts before release didn’t even finish going through the whole roster, probably a sign they knew it wasn’t great.

NRS have been weirdly silent which has me wondering if they're working on a big patch/rework of the game or have abandoned it and are moving on as quickly as possible? The big complaint seems to be the kameo system being stupid and ruining the game so I'm wondering if they'll actually be bold enough to remove it. That boardgame stuff is the next big issue though and replacing it with older modes would be a big ask I guess. Crazy that despite selling as well as it did players are dropping it so fast and MK11 has about the same popularity online after all this time. I guess we'll see what they do with the story DLC thing, if they're even still working on it?

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
When a new Tekken, a new Street Fighter, and several second string fighting games have come out in such close proximity, all of very good quality, it's kinda no wonder NRS is quiet. I also suspect that it may have originally been a third Injustice, considering there are so many comic characters in the dlc. That part I think it's safe to toss at the feet of WB, assuming that's how it went.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I got street fighter 6 to play on my steam deck and I enjoy just randomly fighting passers by in the street. Hey you old lady, let’s go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I thought everyone loved the new MK1?