Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«383 »
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 23 minutes!

They should release the zune of vapes and make literal clouds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012
My incredible shitposting will not transform the xbone into a good console

Lipstick Apathy

I hope they come in brown.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Have you heard the good news?

Look deeply into my eyes.

STADIA!

A few things:

- The Xbox Companion app is being discontinued soon, don't use it myself but it now has a message that tells you to download the (new) Xbox app. I don't know if the streaming features and such will get moved over.
- The current (new) Xbox (beta) app's icon went invisible on my taskbar, apparently because Microsoft changed it so that it's no longer (beta)... it's now just called "Xbox". This is not at all confusing to anyone.
- The Xbox (no longer beta) app is still called "Xbox (Beta)" on the Microsoft Store. Again, this is not confusing to anyone.
- There will soon be a new games-centric storefront app delivered in some capacity, whether it'll be inside the (new) Xbox (not beta) app or a seperate thing isn't entirely clear yet. Once again, no confusion here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2soJihfjas

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Well poo poo, the new Xbox app won't install if you don't have at least the Dec 2019 Win10 version, so if you blocked updates in the past, you're hosed

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

tehehe

I do like that they keep the old xbox companion still in the store (smartglass) that also streams.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

tehehe

ErrEff posted:

A few things:

- The current (new) Xbox (beta) app's icon went invisible on my taskbar

If you go into the xbox app settings > general and untick/retick all those options and say yes to the windows prompt to give startup permissions the icon shows up again, high quality updates.

Nuts and Gum
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Ruffian Price posted:

Well poo poo, the new Xbox app won't install if you don't have at least the Dec 2019 Win10 version, so if you blocked updates in the past, you're hosed

Patch your poo poo

DrNutt
Apr 12, 2007

MyLifeWithTheFutureWarCult

Nuts and Gum posted:

Patch your poo poo

Love to leave my PC vulnerable to security issues because no ones gonna tell me when I need the update my poo poo

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Sipping harsh elixir,
the ice above us melting fast

There was very real reasons to block windows updates previously and anyone in an enterprise environment knows you don't just blindly roll em out.

Remember there was a windows update that nuked your documents and media folders in your profile accidentally with no way to recover the data without a backup.

Giving it a few days to let others guinea pig is a safe idea.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

[posting intensifies]

just download an ltsc and let windows do whatever it wants for security updates but not have to deal with feature updates*

* you wont be able to use windows store this is a plus though

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Laserface posted:

There was very real reasons to block windows updates previously and anyone in an enterprise environment knows you don't just blindly roll em out.

Remember there was a windows update that nuked your documents and media folders in your profile accidentally with no way to recover the data without a backup.

December 2019 is more than a few days ago.

DrNutt
Apr 12, 2007

MyLifeWithTheFutureWarCult

Laserface posted:

Yes well we're talking about an update from December 2019 soooo

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Sipping harsh elixir,
the ice above us melting fast

Yeah it was a while ago so you should have updates but that's probably why people might have stopped updates and forgot to put them on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Laserface posted:

Yeah it was a while ago so you should have updates but that's probably why people might have stopped updates and forgot to put them on.

Not that Windows is well-coded, and this breaks a lot, but under normal circumstances you canít put off Win10 updates that long, it should have force-installed by now unless the install is significantly tampered with.

«383 »