Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zerot posted:

Ikaruga is free on the Argentinian store. I successfully redeemed it with my US account.

https://www.microsoft.com/es-ar/p/ikaruga/bz8zv7r2j95r

Amazing thanks!

Seems to have worked with my limited Spanish knowledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Now to convince my wife to let me put the 75 inch tv on its side somehow

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zerot posted:

Ikaruga is free on the Argentinian store. I successfully redeemed it with my US account.

https://www.microsoft.com/es-ar/p/ikaruga/bz8zv7r2j95r

I remember when this was just a Dreamcast exclusive and really wanting that system just to play this.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Its a very good game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol if you haven't already had Ikaruga in your Xbox account for the past 15 years.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

I remember when this was just a Dreamcast exclusive and really wanting that system just to play this.
It came to GameCube only a few months later!

That's cool if people are able to grab it for free. It was a no brainer purchase for me on 360 when it came out there. It's bonkers that that was 12 years ago!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

American McGay posted:

lol if you haven't already had Ikaruga in your Xbox account for the past 15 years.

This.

Also finding out you don't really like Ikaruga due to its weirdly restrictive rhythm game style score mechanics

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I missed out on getting Deadly Premonition digitally again. Are any of you folks who picked it up able purchase it as a gift for others?

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

ghostinmyshell posted:

I missed out on getting Deadly Premonition digitally again. Are any of you folks who picked it up able purchase it as a gift for others?

I don't think it works like that.

However! If you have the ability to buy UK Xbox gift cards, the game is available in the UK store because it is being sold by a different publisher. Now that Microsoft has moved the 360 games to the new backend, you can buy games from any region with gift cards.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/deadly-premonition/bx0bdkwnzc35

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

drat, Carrion is great but it makes my brain feel gross. It controls so smoothly and so quickly and efficiently introduces the concept of being a disgusting blob monster that I felt kind of hosed up.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Stux posted:

stop being weird, you literally ask if they owned one then got an answer you didnt like. discussion of stuff a company does and has done when trying to decide between platforms is perfectly legitimate.

Take a look at his post history in this thread, just another PC master race troll. The post I replied to was a straight lie.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

The post I replied to was a straight lie.
about microtransactions in xbone launch titles? did you read this thread of everyone else agreeing?

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

yeah, so many people forget about the launch titles

ErrEff posted:

Who can forget classics like Crimson Dragon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT9h4bfIYtA&t=663s

(relevant bits are at 12 minutes in)

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

oh also remember when they delayed the MTX on a bunch of games after they got lambasted about all the launch titles having them to make sure the reviews didn't talk about them

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah forza getting a shop a month post launch etc

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i love that by the time of forza 7 they *still* had not learned their lesson and launched that piece of poo poo in an absolutely embarrassing state that was very clearly built around mtx poo poo, and the response was so massively negative that they shitcanned the guy in charge of the game and cancelled forza 8 because 7 was so terrible that they were humiliated by it

Real hurthling! posted:

Its true in launch window that mtx was required

https://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-ones-launch-exclusives-foreshadows-dystopian-future-microtransactions/

quote:

But while Ryse’s microtransaction model doesn't feel outright malicious, it’s part of a much, much bigger trend with Xbox One games: nearly every single one has some sort of method of getting you to spend money after you’ve already bought the game.
i get wanting to ignore that the xbone launch happened, but mtx in their launch titles was really prevalent

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Take a look at his post history in this thread, just another PC master race troll. The post I replied to was a straight lie.

Sorry about your brain bro

Sucks to have memory loss so young

F's in chat

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
ruined the fun

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1290253294934392833?s=20

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
when was there a Dirt 4

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

when was there a Dirt 4

June 2017.

There have been four Dirt games released since Dirt 3.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

does microsoft hate fun

and by fun i mean us laughing at them

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

youre the only person who doesnt remember that it happened

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Microsoft published an article about the changes coming to the Store on Xbox One (and Series X) this fall.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/08/03/new-microsoft-store-coming-to-xbox-insiders/

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Sounds fine and I'm glad they are finally taking these steps to unify the store for buying stuff for previous gens, but god 'Microsoft Store on Xbox' is such an 'Executive vice president in charge of corporate branding' naming of a thing.

On a side note in regards to previous gens, more info on backwards compatibility on Series X please Microsoft. Want to see new titles and more info on the various upscaling, HDR inferring, frame rate doubling features they've teased with some real examples.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

TheScott2K posted:

when was there a Dirt 4
it has procedurally generated tracks and multistage events with persistent damage. they made a rally roguelite

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Microsoft just let Rallisport Challenge die

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Rallisport Challenge 2 was one of the two games I got with my first Xbox, so good. Put that on back compat Microsoft.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

TheScott2K posted:

Microsoft just let Rallisport Challenge die
I liked Project Gotham Racing, too

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Red Warrior posted:

On a side note in regards to previous gens, more info on backwards compatibility on Series X please Microsoft. Want to see new titles and more info on the various upscaling, HDR inferring, frame rate doubling features they've teased with some real examples.

This will almost certainly be talked about in the August event.

From https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/phil-spencer-says-more-xbox-news-is-coming-in-august/

quote:

Speaking to iJustine, Spencer said he was “encouraged to be able to talk more” about Xbox Series X’s backwards compatibility features, adding that, “I think in August we will have more to say on that.”

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Ruffian Price posted:

it has procedurally generated tracks and multistage events with persistent damage. they made a rally roguelite

Is this real? It sounds kinda cool.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Cool, thanks I had missed that.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Zerot posted:

Microsoft published an article about the changes coming to the Store on Xbox One (and Series X) this fall.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/08/03/new-microsoft-store-coming-to-xbox-insiders/

"Safer". So are they actually going to be filtering all the garbage that keeps falling through the cracks? There's a ton of sketchy apps on there, ranging from fake miracle drugs to outright piracy. These all run on Xbox:

Virtual Toon Dancer [HD+] - $50.49 $4.99 (90% OFF, WOW!)
This publisher has flooded the store with lots of identical and overpriced "bikini/dancer apps".

Old Movies Free
One of many, many piracy apps. The app developer claims it only links to public domain movies but upon launch it's very obvious this is not the case. This one links to youtube videos, so almost none of the films will play, but I did manage to get High School Musical 2 working, zoomed and rotated. You can also remove ads for $5, which is a bargain.

Cold Sore Cure Free App with Natural Remedies
This publisher dumps a ton of MLM-style garbage on the store under the guise of "free tips and guides" apps, which then attempt to upsell you on stupid poo poo like type 1 diabetes cures, permanent height gain, etc. I picked this one because it has a particularly appealing thumbnail that Microsoft seems to be totally okay with.

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

This is a dumb question: I downloaded an .mp3 through Edge into my Xbox’s Edge/Downloads folder. I went to delete it and found Microsoft stopped developing the file manager app a year back. The few 3rd party apps I’ve tried show nothing. Am I now the proud permanent owner of a podcast episode until I factory reset?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ErrEff posted:

"Safer". So are they actually going to be filtering all the garbage that keeps falling through the cracks? There's a ton of sketchy apps on there, ranging from fake miracle drugs to outright piracy. These all run on Xbox:

Virtual Toon Dancer [HD+] - $50.49 $4.99 (90% OFF, WOW!)
This publisher has flooded the store with lots of identical and overpriced "bikini/dancer apps".

Old Movies Free
One of many, many piracy apps. The app developer claims it only links to public domain movies but upon launch it's very obvious this is not the case. This one links to youtube videos, so almost none of the films will play, but I did manage to get High School Musical 2 working, zoomed and rotated. You can also remove ads for $5, which is a bargain.

Cold Sore Cure Free App with Natural Remedies
This publisher dumps a ton of MLM-style garbage on the store under the guise of "free tips and guides" apps, which then attempt to upsell you on stupid poo poo like type 1 diabetes cures, permanent height gain, etc. I picked this one because it has a particularly appealing thumbnail that Microsoft seems to be totally okay with.

They also have strategy guides for every nintendo and sony exclusive

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I liked Project Gotham Racing, too

I swear that the soundtrack to PGR1 had a pro-life rap song on it and that's basically the only thing I remember about it and no-one else seems to remember it and I wonder if I just imagined the whole thing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Congrats to xbox owning the steam charts with grounded, fs2020, halo3, and sot all at the same time
Time to kill games on windows store please

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Carrion is pretty fun but totally a game i would never actually pay money for.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Laserface posted:

xbox is pretty fun but totally a console i would never actually pay money for.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Ahh the ol' quote edit. Classic poo poo my dude. Great posting once again.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

American McGay posted:

Pee pee doo doo

Great posting once again.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ah poo poo fine I'll take the L on that one. I wasn't interested in Xbox one until the X came out.

No argument on brain damage, I am an Xbox gamer after all.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Ah poo poo fine I'll take the L on that one. I wasn't interested in Xbox one until the X came out.

No argument on brain damage, I am an Xbox gamer after all.
We're gamers we all have some degree of brain damage

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/xboxgamepass/status/1290429742898909185?s=21

Comic Sans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
That’s a real Tweet from their actual account. I didn’t believe it at first. I guess someone there has a sense of humor.