Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
https://youtu.be/9KukQo_dQGs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Thanks for posting this video. It's not surprising that Low Spec Gamer is pretty positive on what Microsoft is trying to do with their budget box but he rarely talks about console games.

I'm very much looking forward to the months ahead when we can see the Series S measured by real-world performance.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

For me, its about playing on my sofa, using a controller against other people who are also likely on their sofa, also playing with controllers.

I could build a decent enough PC, but that would then mean I would need to use a mouse and keyboard at a desk in order to compete with the other PC players out there. Combine that with the much higher likelyhood of coming across cheaters on the PC platform and you have most of the reasons why I continue to play on consoles.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I have had godforsaken luck with each and every PC I've ever owned so Ive currently not bought a replacement for my last one which died in march because my brain cannot shake the feeling whatever I buy will turn to ashes upon purchase

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I have a pretty good PC, but since I've been working from home I have started to find it kind of stressful to play games there. It's been hard to separate work and play when they both take place at the same location on most of the same equipment.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1308028640488292352?s=20

huh

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
God.

drat it.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1308028385877204993?s=19

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Wow. $7.5 billion. That is a lot of money.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

wow 3 mojangs!

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Here's the Xbox Wire PR release.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/21/welcoming-bethesda-to-the-xbox-family/

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
How many studios has Microsoft bought out the past 2 years? They're coming into this gen weak but in like 3 years it's going to be pretty evenly matched with Sony on exclusives.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Let Obsidian make fallout 5. Sure it'll probably be awful but I'd like it anyway

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

that's essentially $7.5b for Doom imo. fallout and elder scrolls are due to collapse at their next release

Barudak
May 7, 2007

gently caress me running now I have to own an Xbox because Doom 5 upgrades are only gonna be on one platform

Edit: Joke take, holy poo poo did Fallout 76 Bomb

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

that's essentially $7.5b for Doom imo. fallout and elder scrolls are due to collapse at their next release

Starfield's still out there somewhere.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Doom Eternal = Maybe 5 million copies sold worldwide.

Fallout/TES = 20mil+ sellers each.

They're some of the biggest games in the world. People who only buy video game consoles for FIFA still play Skyrim.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ok new plan, take 343's Halo Game and put it in the trash. Put iD on it instead

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Ok, man

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Thom12255 posted:

How many studios has Microsoft bought out the past 2 years? They're coming into this gen weak but in like 3 years it's going to be pretty evenly matched with Sony on exclusives.
Ninja Theory (Hellblade)
Playground Games (Forza Horizon)
Obsidian (A Great Many Things)
InXile (Wasteland)
Double Fine (Psychonauts)
Compulsion Games (Contrast, We Happy Few)
Undead Labs (State of Decay)

and now...

Bethesda Game Studios (Elder Scrolls, Fallout)
Zenimax Online Studios (Elder Scrolls Online)
Id Software (oh a couple of things here and there)
Arkane Studios (Dishonored, Prey)
Machinegames (Wolfenstein)
Tango Gameworks (Evil Within)

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Microsoft are amusingly incompetent but that so far has made them a better publisher than the big bads.

They just don't seem to care, Rare completely failed to make sea of theives by release without MS even noticing. 343 has only ever made complete garbage but both those studios are still alive and allowed to continue.
That's... Sort of nice.

Whereas EA forces you to make poo poo then shoots you in the back of the head.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Gunna be fun watching all the people who poo poo on Microsoft for not having strong first party also criticize them for now having some loving serious first party talent, lol.

Like say what you want but having ES, Doom, and Fallout in hand and some great studios that can work with these IP is huge.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

VanillaGorilla posted:

Gunna be fun watching all the people who poo poo on Microsoft for not having strong first party also criticize them for now having some loving serious first party talent, lol.

We'll poo poo on them for squandering it, which they will

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Goddamn insane

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
If they're adding Bethesda's poo poo to Game Pass, that makes it an even more absurd value

Edit: Release says they are ... wonder how long that'll take, what titles make it, etc.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

TheScott2K posted:

We'll poo poo on them for squandering it, which they will

All of the input coming out of their recent acquisitions (Obsidian, InXile, and Double Fine) has been all about how MS basically just lets them do what they want, but with money now, sooooo I guess if you think all those studios are trash then fine, but it doesn’t seem like MS is big on being like EA

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Toaster Beef posted:

If they're adding Bethesda's poo poo to Game Pass, that makes it an even more absurd value

Edit: Release says they are ... wonder how long that'll take, what titles make it, etc.

Pretty much all of them bar Deathloop and GhostWire, I would think.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I feel like taking future PlayStation revenue off the table makes a ton of Zenimax's value disappear

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shirkelton posted:

Pretty much all of them bar Deathloop and GhostWire, I would think.

Oh gently caress ahahaha I forgot about that.

Those are absolutely coming to gamepass when exclusivity ends

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
This is great because we don't have to buy bad games anymore, they will be on Gamepass for us to make fun of for free!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

I feel like taking future PlayStation revenue off the table makes a ton of Zenimax's value disappear

It takes value off, yeah, but theyll still release on PC.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Finally a reason to buy an xbox

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

Microsoft has released a number of games from their acquired studios or partnered games on PlayStation 4 and Switch. I could see the next Elder Scrolls game being multiplatform.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

TheScott2K posted:

I doubt Microsoft would bar something like the next Elder Scrolls or Fallout from releasing on PlayStation. It might be a timed exclusive or something, but it'll make it over there. Microsoft likes money.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Bethesda launcher was kind of a piece of poo poo anyway

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

Unless this announcement completely inverts the math on the marketshare, which I don't think it will, yeah.

Probably a coinflip whether Microsoft thinks the value of building it's brand as a publisher is worth losing out on the value of, well, the value of a majority of console sales.

I could see it going either way.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Toaster Beef posted:

I doubt Microsoft would bar something like the next Elder Scrolls or Fallout from releasing on PlayStation. It might be a timed exclusive or something, but it'll make it over there. Microsoft likes money.

Ori and Cuphead aside, Microsoft did not just spend $7 billion to sell PlayStation games

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Toaster Beef posted:

I doubt Microsoft would bar something like the next Elder Scrolls or Fallout from releasing on PlayStation.

you crazy

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

Microsoft did not just spend $7 billion to sell PlayStation games

They should probably consider it, there's a lot of money in being a Playstation game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Microsoft did not just spend $7 billion to sell PlayStation games

This.

Switch is even questionable.