Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

yes yes we all liked the original xbox, please move on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

univbee posted:

But the NES Classic exists now.

I can play Conker's Bad Fur Day and Banjo Kazooie on the NES Classic?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

univbee posted:

But the NES Classic exists now.

nes classic cannot play blast corps, bk: nut and bolts or viva pinata.

it can however play snake rattle 'n roll with some fidgeting, which is great since snake rattle 'n roll is secretly the best game rare ever made.

punk rebel ecks posted:

I can play Conker's Bad Fur Day and Banjo Kazooie on the NES Classic?

i don't see why you'd want to play those on the nes classic or anywhere else

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

RBX posted:

Comparing the entire Xbox library to the PS2 or GBA is hilarious. I'm pretty sure every Xbox exclusive ever won't add up the PS2. It's a little different. The only Xbox Games people might care about next gen is MCC and I'm struggling to think of another.

Off the top of my head for ones I'd care about, I'm hoping Otogi 1 and 2, Midtown Madness 3 (that was fun as hell) and the MechAssault games hit BC. Well, those and Jet Set Radio Future for the long shot.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

mechassault going bc means nothing if they don't bring a way to play xbox live with it. kinda wish they'd just bring back og xbox live or something for the bc titles that had it, crimson skies and mechassault were so goddamn awesome online.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

yes yes we all liked the original xbox, please move on

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i don't see why you'd want to play those on the nes classic or anywhere else
They're good games.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The X is $70 off on Amazon.ca right now :canada:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

mechassault going bc means nothing if they don't bring a way to play xbox live with it. kinda wish they'd just bring back og xbox live or something for the bc titles that had it, crimson skies and mechassault were so goddamn awesome online.

You do have a point. Counterpoint, though, I super dug those campaigns and I'd still take it for :10bux:.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
For Honor is a lot of fun. Think I put in maybe ten hours this weekend. Nice that it was free with gold

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Anyone with opinions on Life is Strange? My fiancé doesn’t play games but she and I were browsing the store and she thought it looked interesting.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Blind Rasputin posted:

Anyone with opinions on Life is Strange? My fiancé doesn’t play games but she and I were browsing the store and she thought it looked interesting.

It's great, buy it.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Blind Rasputin posted:

It’s really good. There’s a new one coming out soon too and a prequel.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Blind Rasputin posted:

Don't you get the first ep free anyway? That makes it one of the increasingly few games you can just try out and find out if it suits

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

NM misread

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

veni veni veni posted:

Exactly. Look at anything that has had full BC available and it's obvious that people use it.

They're going to need it as well with digital game purchases becoming increasingly common. I can't see people who've bought a whole bunch of full-price games digitally being happy if they're told that they don't carry over with their account on the new console they buy. Unless they really want to have a whole bunch of games consoles surrounding their TV, anyways.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The people that are constantly bashing the Xbox One in the Xbox One thread need to go outside more

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've owned all main Xbox consoles so i'm allowed to bash the Xbox One. :colbert:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I've owned all main Xbox consoles so i'm allowed to bash the Xbox One. :colbert:

If you dont have an MSX you can just get out.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I said come in! posted:

:same:

hell i still don't have a ps4, even

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ive owned way too many consoles, the Bone was a poorly handled launch, design concept, and most years of its gaming support but I love the console because unlike my PS4 it doesnt sound like two house fans making tantric love so despite not having the same breadth of titles and weaker graphic I watch more entertainment and play more games on it.

Also it has gamepass and it enables my impatience with video games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I enjoy making GBS threads on Xbox One as much as the next guy, but it's with love for the general Xbox brand, because I want to see them do better next time. Loved my OG Xbox and 360. The Xbox one isn't even a bad system. It's just been really unremarkable to own, due to lack of good exclusives and it's one gimmick being a total bomb that no one wanted. It's certainly a decent quality product that is fine for 3rd party games and the few exclusives that are there, although I'd rather just play 3rd party stuff on PS at this point for my own reasons. I honestly just don't know what niche Xbox is supposed to fill at this point. Sony, Nintendo and PC seem to have really cemented what makes them relevant in 2018 and I don't think Xbox is doing that well at all. Unless perpetuating Halo and Gears in shell form for all eternity counts as a niche.

I legit hope they knock it out of the park next time though, because I like Xbox and I think competition between MS and Sony is necessary for consumers. Both companies have shown that the get progressively less consumer friendly once they take the lead.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Aug 20, 2018

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I checked out the console version of Just Cause 3 today and it's no wonder people disliked this game. Even as someone who likes to make consoles implode (see: EDF) this is embarrassingly bad. The ending of the second mission alone made the game drop into the single digits and beyond that I'm fairly sure it doesn't ever hit 20FPS. This is probably the worst performing console release I've played in a decade at least, though from what I've heard Lichdom Battlemage is even worse.
It's a shame because having played it on PC before it's a pretty decent game otherwise.

Mark Larson
Dec 27, 2003

Interesting...

Cojawfee posted:

The only extra amount that console is worth is whatever you think the saved bandwidth of downloading those games is worth. Unless you buy those games, you don't own them and you could lose access at any time.

Happy ending... I got a different console for cheaper locally which didn't have any games advertised with it, but the guy did throw in a game for free. Plus it's the Forza Horizons 3 bundle so that's cool. Now to sign up for Game Pass or EA Pass?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gamepass.

Or both, depending

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Barudak posted:

Gamepass.

Or both, depending

Or EA Access only. Depends entirely on if you like what you see on each platform.

I consider EA Access generally the better value for the price, but this only really applies if you like their sports games and don't mind playing the previous year's versions. If this is not you at all, then it's probably not for you, at least not for a longer subscription.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Blind Rasputin posted:

I played through it a couple of months ago after picking it up the complete season on sale for like AU$6 and really enjoyed it, but I probably wouldn't pay much more than I did for it since there's not much gameplay and the graphics look outdated.

Other than that, the characters are great and the storyline is interesting with multiple endings and plot twists (make sure to avoid spoilers!). Like Telltale games you get a report card on how your choices stacked up against other players at the end of each episode too which is neat.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

EA just recently launched Origin Access Premier on PC, which is $100 for a year but gives you instant access to their entire library of games, including future titles available right away on launch day. I hope that service comes to Xbox.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

I said come in! posted:

EA just recently launched Origin Access Premier on PC, which is $100 for a year but gives you instant access to their entire library of games, including future titles available right away on launch day. I hope that service comes to Xbox.

The inevitable end point of AAA publishers making fewer releases

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Barudak posted:

If you dont have an MSX you can just get out.

i played La Mulana, that basically counts right

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Amazon.ca just killed the 10% preorder discount on games, already was reduced from 20%. I guess they finally figured out that Canadians are used to price gouging/corporate collusion. I thought they'd at least wait until Best Buy and EB Games went under.

I said come in! posted:

I would subscribe in a second.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Amazon.ca just killed the 10% preorder discount on games, already was reduced from 20%. I guess they finally figured out that Canadians are used to price gouging/corporate collusion. I thought they'd at least wait until Best Buy and EB Games went under.

This change is worldwide. Now it's $10 off.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I said come in! posted:

We don’t even get that in Canada (which would have been an improvement).

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

I said come in! posted:

And only on "specific" titles.

Wonder if it'll finally apply to digital stuff, though.

... probably not. :v:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Zaa Boogie posted:

And only on "specific" titles.

Wonder if it'll finally apply to digital stuff, though.

... probably not. :v:

The discount didn't, don't know why this would.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Amazon.ca doesn't do digital either :(

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Europe had a massive €2 off for pre-orders (UK getting 2 pound) up until amazon decided that was too much, so I'm not pre-ordering there anymore lol good job.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

theres never been a discount in australia for pre-ordering, ever, yet morons still do it like its a thing you need to do.

i was in an EB games once after E3 and there was a neckbeard dude wearing fingerless leather gloves laying down a $10 pre-order on every single title announced.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Healbot posted:

Europe had a massive €2 off for pre-orders (UK getting 2 pound) up until amazon decided that was too much, so I'm not pre-ordering there anymore lol good job.

Fortunately in the UK I can use ShopTo which is generally cheaper than Amazon, if only by a couple of quid, and has free shipping that's on a par with Prime next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I said come in! posted:

even better, it's a $10 credit you have to spend on something else lmao

oh yeah you also have to wait over a month to get the credits and then you only have 60 days to spend them so better keep good track :roflolmao: