Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Is this another space for me to talk abbot how mediocre the new God of War is? Because hellllll yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't think anything will ever top Forza 4.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

I said come in! posted:

I don't think anything will ever top Forza 4.

And it'll never be back compatible

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Gamefly let me re-up for $1, and now that I have an Xbox One a whole 'nother world of games are open up to me. I definitely added Forza Horizon 3 to the list because of ya'lls recommendations, but the availability for it isn't looking too hot.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

And it'll never be back compatible

The saddest reality of our time. :/

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I said come in! posted:

The saddest reality of our time. :/

NCAA and Forza 4 machine

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

BisterdDave posted:

Gamefly let me re-up for $1, and now that I have an Xbox One a whole 'nother world of games are open up to me. I definitely added Forza Horizon 3 to the list because of ya'lls recommendations, but the availability for it isn't looking too hot.

It should be on gamepass eventually. I know horizon 4 will be day one on there. Maybe just wait a month

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Xbox Ambassador posted:

It should be on gamepass eventually. I know horizon 4 will be day one on there. Maybe just wait a month

5 bing points have been credited to your account.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Barudak posted:

Is this another space for me to talk abbot how mediocre the new God of War is? Because hellllll yeah!

Sony first party western AAA games are universally overrated overhyped trash. I hadn’t played Uncharted until the PS4 Trilogy Collection came out and I swear, every single reviewer that gave these games 9s and 10s should undergo scaphism

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Sony first party western AAA games are universally overrated overhyped trash. I hadn’t played Uncharted until the PS4 Trilogy Collection came out and I swear, every single reviewer that gave these games 9s and 10s should undergo scaphism

I couldn’t agree more.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

:NSFW: https://i.imgur.com/cHXTA0z.jpg

To all the Sony fanboys posting in the Xbox thread: I give you this

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 22, 2018

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I found that Uncharted was more fun to watch my brother play for an hour or two than to actually play myself. I got the collection and 4 came with the console. They're neat but I don't think they're nearly as good as people say they are.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Imagine having taste that is this bad. You deserve Gears of War 4/Halo 5.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lambert posted:

Imagine having taste that is this bad. You deserve Gears of War 4/Halo 5.

I’d rather play Gears Judgment than any Uncharted game. Naughty Dog is a poo poo developer and The Last Of Us was one of the worst AAA games I ever played

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Unlike Xbox Ambassador who is just gimmick posting, I actually own an Xbox One.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Lumpy the Cook posted:

this is true for sony but also for microsoft, with very few exceptions for either

actually it's just true of triple a games in general

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Sony still has the occasional exclusive I'm sad about. Like I want to play the new Spider Man.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Beastie posted:

If you don't care about Nier and the shitload of rpg's then it's really not that big of a deal. Plenty of people have survived without playing Horizon Zero Dawn.

I'll probably never end up getting the new God of War.

Nier's on the 360 and Nier Automata is on the Xbone. And in both cases the Xbox version plays better than the Playstation version.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

this is true for sony but also for microsoft, with very few exceptions for either

actually it's just true of triple a games in general

I'm doing my gaming on a Switch lately and it is shocking how little I miss those games.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Unlike Xbox Ambassador who is just gimmick posting, I actually own an Xbox One.

Excuse me?

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Sony still has the occasional exclusive I'm sad about. Like I want to play the new Spider Man.

Why lol. Miss the days of infamous and prototype lol?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Xbox Ambassador posted:

*ahem* Prototype was sick

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I’d rather play Gears Judgment than any Uncharted game. Naughty Dog is a poo poo developer and The Last Of Us was one of the worst AAA games I ever played

It’s one of the worst games I’ve ever played period. Could you imagine playing lost legacy or whatever. Or for fucks sake... little big planet LOL.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

*ahem* Prototype was sick

Uhh maybe 1 was... did you play 2 lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Can you source your quotes? I'm really interested in what sub-reddit you're getting this stuff from lol.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Uhh maybe 1 was... did you play 2 lol

I 100%d both but 1 was way better yeah.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Xbox Ambassador posted:

I mean, sort of? Spider Man themed prototype would be great.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Xbox Ambassador posted:

It’s one of the worst games I’ve ever played period. Could you imagine playing lost legacy or whatever. Or for fucks sake... little big planet LOL.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

LOL

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Can you source your quotes? I'm really interested in what sub-reddit you're getting this stuff from lol.

This guy thinks liking a console is a “gimmick”. Says a lot about his broken brain I think. You work IT bro? Lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

I mean, sort of? Spider Man themed prototype would be great.

Uhh... I guess? Lol. Doesn’t sound fun to me but maybe you like marvel movies or something? Sounds like it will be a collect quest fetch quest and combat Batman style game with web swinging but what do I know.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Xbox Ambassador posted:

This guy thinks liking a console is a “gimmick”. Says a lot about his broken brain I think. You work IT bro? Lol

It's the posting like a shill that gives it away.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

I said come in! posted:

It's the posting like a shill that gives it away.

Sorry. We all can’t be mentally unhinged to post about a console we hate for 5 years like you. Now sit down

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

BisterdDave posted:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass/cfq7ttc0k6l8/0001

Be aware the offer is only available for new subscribers.
Is it? I used the free month, rolled over and paid for one month then cancelled it. Then reactivated and got two months for £2 today.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Xbox Ambassador posted:

On the One X all third party games run better

This is only true for games released since 2017 with a ton of exceptions from before then.

Akuma posted:

Is it? I used the free month, rolled over and paid for one month then cancelled it. Then reactivated and got two months for £2 today.

I think it's only available if you don't currently have a subscription to it, but you could have had one before.

univbee fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 21, 2018

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Akuma posted:

I heard from others that the offer is exclusive to new subscribers, just going by their word.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

univbee posted:

This is only true for games released since 2017 with a ton of exceptions from before then.

Oh word? So only the past 2 years?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Oh word? So only the past 2 years?

Correction: not even then at times (e.g. Tekken 7).

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

univbee posted:

Correction: not even then at times (e.g. Tekken 7).

It’s awesome you know all this of the top of your head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

King Burgundy posted:

I have all the consoles