Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

viva pinata is the best game rare made since snake rattle 'n roll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

King Burgundy posted:

My son wants a god game to play. Are there any on Xbox that I am just forgetting? The only one that comes to mind is Reus.

There’s the old XBLA game From Dust, although that isn’t backwards compatible yet

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BattleTech posted:

Piranha Games looking at porting MechWarrior 5 to XB1

Honestly the game looks 2 steps away from being a new MechAssault so I'm ultra down with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCXcFJBb6BM

Piranha Games is a garbage developer and their handling of Mechwarrior Online is beyond embarrassing cash grab poo poo.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I said come in! posted:

Piranha Games is a garbage developer and their handling of Mechwarrior Online is beyond embarrassing cash grab poo poo.

That is disappointing because I watched that trailer and it looked badass. I probably wouldn't touch online. Does it have a decent-ish story full of stomping and shooting?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Beastie posted:

That is disappointing because I watched that trailer and it looked badass. I probably wouldn't touch online. Does it have a decent-ish story full of stomping and shooting?

I'm going to preface this with Piranha has some of the most talented art, sound, and gameplay designers working for them. MechWarrior Online's gameplay is as close to MechWarrior perfection as you can get. It feels amazing to shoot robutts and be shot at.

Literally everything else about Piranha is terrible. MWO was released at the peak of World of Tanks popularity and it aped as much as it thought it could get away with. While mechs are no longer released in different priced packs, mechs still cost $20-30 for an individual mech. They even at one point tried to sell $500 gold skinned clan mechs, $500 for a single mech.

They couldn't figure out how to balance two different types of snipers being boated together so they invented ghost heat. If you boat too many weapons of the same type you generate an obscene amount of heat. After 2 years they partially reverted it.

Oh, and they literally did no work on the game for almost the entirety of 2016 because the license was up and they weren't sure if MS would renew it so why waste money? (They lost 40% of the playerbase)

Now that the game is almost dead are they listening to fans, but coming out of Mech Con it's obvious that MWO is dead in their eyes, and all work is being put into 5.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

who cares about mechwarrior in 2018 the series peaked with the intro cutscene for mechwarrior 2

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Oh and they tried to crowdfund a Star Citizen clone while MWO was on fire: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1vy14mJrkWk

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

who cares about mechwarrior in 2018 the series peaked with the intro cutscene for mechwarrior 2
"He's got a lock on me he's got a lock on me!" is the extent of my MW knowledge.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

I won't rest until we get a Mechcommander 3. That said, Battletech is a great game, it is held back badly by the Unity engine, but it's still as close as we have ever gotten to the table top game.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

I won't rest until we get a Mechcommander 3. That said, Battletech is a great game, it is held back badly by the Unity engine, but it's still as close as we have ever gotten to the table top game.
Is it getting a console version?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Akuma posted:

Is it getting a console version?

Not that i'm aware of, Harebrained Games really only makes PC games.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Akuma posted:

"He's got a lock on me he's got a lock on me!" is the extent of my MW knowledge.

The MW3 and MW4: Mercs intros are like the best intros of all times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMlJQ0G3zk4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqzHceaIrsE

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
I recently bought a One S console and noticed the batteries seem to drain incredibly fast from the controller. After only two hours of use I was getting constant "reconnect controller" messages, so I swapped the batteries. Things were fine for another couple hours and then the same thing happened. I ended up just plugging the controller in to a USB charger and things were fine, but I'm assuming my batteries should last a lot longer than that.

Is this some sort of known issue or am I doing something dumb? Should I just get the controller swapped out?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

BeastOfExmoor posted:

I recently bought a One S console and noticed the batteries seem to drain incredibly fast from the controller. After only two hours of use I was getting constant "reconnect controller" messages, so I swapped the batteries. Things were fine for another couple hours and then the same thing happened. I ended up just plugging the controller in to a USB charger and things were fine, but I'm assuming my batteries should last a lot longer than that.

Is this some sort of known issue or am I doing something dumb? Should I just get the controller swapped out?

That sounds like a problem with the controller or the batteries. I'd hazard I get ~10-12 hours on rechargeable batteries, maybe longer, not really sure, but definitely far more than 2.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Get a battery life indicator for your pc and watch what happens to it as you play something on there.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

BattleTech posted:

I'm going to preface this with Piranha has some of the most talented art, sound, and gameplay designers working for them.

The gameplay designers (Russ and Paul) are some of the worst game designers I've ever seen, and demonstrated over and over again that they don't understand even at a basic level how their own game works.

BattleTech posted:

Oh and they tried to crowdfund a Star Citizen clone while MWO was on fire: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1vy14mJrkWk

Which turned into an amazing PR disaster as they managed to get themselves shadowbanned from reddit, of all places.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

I said come in! posted:

THQ Nordic owns the rights to Kingdoms of Amular now. I am hoping for a 4K HD remaster.

They hosed up the darksiders xbox one x enhancements by breaking the physics in the game. I'd temper expectations due to their size.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Akuma posted:

My knowledge of MechWarrior is limited to the demos included on the CD's that came with my dad's PC User magazine subscription back in the 90's.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Is mech warrior the game where weirdos paid like $300 for a massive control board that took up your whole coffee table

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Steel Battalion, baby.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Steel battalion owned.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I have no idea if anyone is still using it but I just requested to join the Somethingawful xbox club. Same gamertag as I use here.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Remember the Kinect Steel Battalion?

Bad times.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

Remember the Kinect Steel Battalion?

Bad times.
From Software what did you do

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Akuma posted:

Probably gave a group of interns the Xbox Dev kit with kinect, said we're not using the steel battalion license for anything and 'go for it'

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

incoherent posted:

They hosed up the darksiders xbox one x enhancements by breaking the physics in the game. I'd temper expectations due to their size.

In a bad way?

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1070904964195606528?s=21

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
But it has been summer for an entire week now.

Silly microsoft.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Can't wait for them to get on the next xbox so we can go back to Xbox Live Arcade name.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
Oh cool, Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice is coming to Game Pass. I was going to buy that when it came up in a sale soon. Guess I'll activate the trial I have.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

That game is something else. Maybe not the best in the gameplay department but the presentation and story telling are nothing short of mind bending.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

For a walking simulator, that is some great loving combat.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I rarely have emotional experiences from games, but man, at the end of Hellblade I was wrecked. Melina Juergens does such an amazing job at playing the character and portraying how awful the disease must be. Wish I had headphones to play with since that would be the optimal experience.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
I'd also chime in and say that Hellblade is a game you *really* want to play with headphones. It was really made to be played with 'em.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zaa Boogie posted:

I'd also chime in and say that Hellblade is a game you *really* want to play with headphones. It was really made to be played with 'em.

I played without them and was extremely bored so probably yeah

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The voiceovers are doing the binaural ASMR bullshit for the most part and it only made me roll my eyes, wouldn't say it's the strongest element of the experience.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Akuma posted:

I was absolutely stoked for Heavy Armor, a ww2 mech game where squad morale mattered, if your squad members died you'd have to manually do their jobs yourself. The trailer for it was sick nasty too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntQa_RxemiY

The game being busted in both the kinect never working and the fact that most missions were only 5 minutes long with a single enemy VT, tops, was soul crushing to me.

Heavy Armor was my No Man's Sky moment.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 9, 2018

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Hi I bought an Xbox One X today so I guess you guys will have to read my posts now so sorry

I bought the Fallout 76 version with Fortnite and Fallout 4, I guess I'll also buy a mouse that works with the Box and the Gold subscription or something

I'm a console owner now

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Professor Shark posted:

Hi I bought an Xbox One X today so I guess you guys will have to read my posts now so sorry

I bought the Fallout 76 version with Fortnite and Fallout 4, I guess I'll also buy a mouse that works with the Box and the Gold subscription or something

I'm a console owner now

FYI very few games support mouse and keyboard yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

I'm a console owner now

Congrats? Get Gamepass