Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

When do we get Dead or Alive: extreme beach volleyball.... Uhhhh, asking for a friend...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Tsietisin posted:

When do we get Dead or Alive: extreme beach volleyball.... Uhhhh, asking for a friend...

You're going to be shocked at how hard it is to jack off to that game 15 years of XHamster later.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Univbee are you really depressed now the xbox is powerful again?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
of course he is, because now he has to find room in his entertainment system for it

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Finster Dexter posted:

of course he is, because now he has to find room in his entertainment system for it

Good thing the Bonx is physically the smallest Xbox yet!

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Crafty posted:

:crafty:

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
crafty hello I hope u are well

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

univbee posted:

Good thing the Bonx is physically the smallest Xbox yet!
Yeah it's really weird. They have display models out at the Microsoft Store and it just looks tiny.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

BattleTech posted:

OG Xbox games are coming tomorrow: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/23/first-13-original-xbox-games-announced-for-xbox-one-compatibility

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Ninja Gaiden Black
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Fuzion Frenzy
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Psychonauts
Dead to Rights
Black
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Sid Meier’s Pirates!
Red Faction II
BloodRayne 2
The King of Fighters Neowave

BloodRayne 2 had so much chugging on that last level in the park or whatever, that even I complained about it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hell yeah, we can play the worst Red Faction game in a franchise with some mindboggingly bad ports and a N-Gage title.

Fusion Frenzy remains great but what we really need is the greatest sports game of all time, Death Throw.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I've got my fingers crossed for Jet Set Radio Future.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Where's Drake of the 99 Dragons?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Barudak posted:

Hell yeah, we can play the worst Red Faction game in a franchise with some mindboggingly bad ports and a N-Gage title.

Fusion Frenzy remains great but what we really need is the greatest sports game of all time, Death Throw.

Red Faction Armageddon is the worst Red Faction game. Super pumped to not get past the first boss on Ninja Gaiden Black on Xbox One.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

Red Faction Armageddon is the worst Red Faction game. Super pumped to not get past the first boss on Ninja Gaiden Black on Xbox One.

Red Faction 2 is the worst by far.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Crimson Skies for nostalgia.
Prince of Persia for seeing if the game holds up.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Barudak posted:

Death Throw was legit, it was as close as that gen ever got to a Mutant League sports game and it was drat close.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

doingitwrong posted:

Crimson Skies for nostalgia.
Prince of Persia for seeing if the game holds up.

Crimson Skies's gameplay loop still holds up. The lack of widescreen formatting is a huge bummer.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

I got Red Faction Armageddon in a humble bundle.

It wasn't worth it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Prince of Persia is gonna be rough going back to because its entire genre is just completely dead and has been for more than a console generation. It doesnt help that as the game progresses it becomes a mixture of terrible fights and platforming sequences that are basically QTEs without onscreen prompts.

Hope they bring back that failed Cowboy Vampire FPS or Pariah, first of the many failed Halo-Killers so we can all look back and enjoy just how tremendously far FPS gameplay gas evolved.

Edit: Red Faction Armegeddon is a nothing burger of a third person shooter. Red Faction two is a beige brown smear of empty, confusing level design and bullet sponge enemies.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

I'm holding out for:
  • Drake of the 99 Dragons
  • Brute Force
  • Kabuki Warriors
  • Azurik: Rise of Perathia
  • Sneak King

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

My list of games which haven't been mentioned yet
  • Gunvalkyrie
  • Metal Wolf Chaos

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Instant Sunrise posted:

I'm holding out for:
  • Brute Force
  • Kabuki Warriors
  • Sneak King

Remember the time when the copy of Brute Force that was sent out to reviewers was significantly different than the gold version? Good times.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Please do not forget Batman: Rise of Sin-Tzu which a friend of mine got paid under the table to review by a long defunct website.

Or whatever that Chinese futuristic fantasy game was with the sprawling, empty infinite levels of boredom.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Freedom Fighters, y'all.

I can't get the PC version to work and the PC version doesn't support widescreen anyways.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Freedom Fighters worked fine on my PC with a nvidia card back in the days but I couldn't get it to run with my laptop with a "gaming" ATI. It was hard to make it work even on launch so having it on console owns.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

My kids will love paychonauts. Hell I nearly beat it many years ago.

I am looking for bear

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Crafty posted:

Hes mad he has to finally amend his "dear family" letter re: console purchases

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

univbee posted:

• Metal Wolf Chaos

If this ever happens, I'm giving Microsoft all of the money. Just all of it.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

All I ask for are Otogi and SSX3/tricky.

Also Steel Batallion and an adapter for my controller.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Tsietisin posted:

If this ever happens, I'm giving Microsoft all of the money. Just all of it.

Save your money for the physical copy, it fetches 200 USD on eBay. Even the Japanese second hand market has a big price tag for it.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Instant Sunrise posted:

I'm holding out for:
  • Brute Force
  • Kabuki Warriors
  • Sneak King

Problem with Sneak King is how will it be able to tell whether you want to use the Xbox section of the disc or the Xbox 360 section of the disc??

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Adaptabullshit posted:

Save your money for the physical copy, it fetches 200 USD on eBay. Even the Japanese second hand market has a big price tag for it.

To be fair, I would like to have a properly translated version instead of all the menus in Japanese.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

fishmech posted:

Problem with Sneak King is how will it be able to tell whether you want to use the Xbox section of the disc or the Xbox 360 section of the disc??

Those games worked on 360 AND og xbox?? I never knew...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BattleTech posted:

OG Xbox games are coming tomorrow: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/23/first-13-original-xbox-games-announced-for-xbox-one-compatibility

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Ninja Gaiden Black
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Fuzion Frenzy
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Psychonauts
Dead to Rights
Black
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Sid Meier’s Pirates!
Red Faction II
BloodRayne 2
The King of Fighters Neowave

This is a good start! I want Ninja Gaiden Black. Still holding out hope for Panzer Dragoon Orta.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
If Sneak King were a Sony game there'd be a $60 remastered version (exclusive)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

univbee posted:

• Gunvalkyrie
  • Metal Wolf Chaos

Just like Panzer Dragoon Orta, these will never happen but god it would be so amazing if it did.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Hot take but Steel Battalion is over rated. Outside of the rad controller, the game itself is actually pretty bad.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Is there a decent version of GTA San Andreas available anywhere or should I hope for that to maybe be added?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

San Andreas has a music licensing complication.

They released the PS2 version on PS4 with the problematic music removed.

Also, on both PS3 and 360, they released a high definition version of San Andreas with the music similarly stripped, I believe with a similar base code as what the mobile port uses. Odds are good if the game comes to Xbox One, it would be this 360 HD version they'd release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

BattleTech posted:

Hot take but Steel Battalion is over rated. Outside of the rad controller, the game itself is actually pretty bad.

This isn't really a hot take, though, the game is an excuse to plug the controller in like a giant, hideously overpriced Playmobil play set. The game itself was kinda ok for its time, not great, and bad now. And the online version was completely broken.