Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

veni veni veni posted:

Are you guys going to be playing playerunknown battlegrounds when it comes out?

I'm very much looking forward to this on Xbox. They haven't given a timeline of when it will be available. All I've heard is that the devs have it running on an Xbox and want to get it to Preview program soon.

The game looks to be very much my kind of game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Also halo 3 is not as good as I remember it being originally. It's seriously kind of awful to play now.

I never played halo 2 when it came out. I played halo 1 Xbox Lan parties and some of pc but pistol is still way too op and melee feels weird.

Oddly enough, in the entire MCC, halo 4 is the most playable one.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Beastie posted:

I'm very much looking forward to this on Xbox. They haven't given a timeline of when it will be available. All I've heard is that the devs have it running on an Xbox and want to get it to Preview program soon.

The game looks to be very much my kind of game.

Yeah same. I'm looking forward to it.

Anyone know if there is some way to get that dumb over priced season pass for FO4 for cheap? Does it go on sale much? I want to pick it up but I don't want to pay 50 bones for it.

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't wait to enjoy 4k hdr content on my 6bit+frc 300 nit $279.99 tv

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah same. I'm looking forward to it.

Anyone know if there is some way to get that dumb over priced season pass for FO4 for cheap? Does it go on sale much? I want to pick it up but I don't want to pay 50 bones for it.

It's been going on sale for around $30 roughly once a month recently:

https://www.storeparser.com/en-US/xbox-one/search-results/fallout-4/dlc-29027/fallout-4-season-pass/

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

If MCC games have no patches then why do they have all the other updates? All the dlc is there for h3 that I recall.

Like why not use a flattened copy of h3 with all updates rather than the base game + maps?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Gotta say it's kind of fun playing fallout with actual mods since PS4 doesn't let almost anything through. Especially as a life long console dude. Is Skyrim the same deal on Xbox?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Gotta say it's kind of fun playing fallout with actual mods since PS4 doesn't let almost anything through. Especially as a life long console dude. Is Skyrim the same deal on Xbox?

They let more stuff through but its real easy to crash the game from what i heard

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

every once in a while i see this thread and im reminded that the xbox has the right kind of ram now and it makes me really happy

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

They let more stuff through but its real easy to crash the game from what i heard

It's not any worse than Skyrim is on its own. I think I have a blood mod, a masonry mod (makes stonework look better) and a weather mod.

Before I installed them the game crashed once or twice, and it's been the same after.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I don't think it's strictly a curation thing, but more that the PS4 is more restrictive about the amount of resources available to mods. Whatever the actual reason, yes, the same situation is true for Skyrim so from least to mode moddable:

PS3 and 360 versions of Skyrim, no modding at all
PS4 version of Skyrim SE, highly limited modding
Xbox One version of Skyrim SE, limited modding
PC version of Skyrim SE, decent amounts of modding. Also breaks the 4 gig RAM limit but a bunch of mods haven't migrated to SE yet (and may never, depending on the original author's situation)
PC version of original Skyrim, all the mods

No idea if Skyrim VR will allow mods, if so expect the most epic titty mods you've ever seen. I would expect Switch Skyrim won't do mods at all.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TWIST FIST posted:

every once in a while i see this thread and im reminded that the xbox has the right kind of ram now and it makes me really happy

Xbox has had good, believable ram for 16 years but thanks for reminder

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
Someone was asking about the Fallout 4 Season Pass going on sale. Its on sale now along with a bunch of other stuff.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Right on, thanks.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What's the difference between State of Decay for Xbone and 360?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Probably the dlc?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

veni veni veni posted:

State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition for Xbox One is higher res, and includes all the major DLC for the original 360 release and some extra game mode that doesn't matter much but you might like.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Has anyone bought Crawl?

I can't seem to start a local mp game without having accounts with passwords.

Can you really not play this game as a guest?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Has anyone else been having issues with either not being able to connect or stay connected in multiplayer games, specifically in the UK/Europe? I did recently have no internet access at all for a few days so it could be ISP issues. The games in question are GTA V, World of Tanks and Friday the thirteenth. The new Marvel mmo seems fine and the guild stuff in Injustice 2 works, as does the store.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I picked up killer instinct on that Xbox sale and is it just me or is this game unnecessarily complex and kind of shite

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Empress Brosephine posted:

I picked up killer instinct on that Xbox sale and is it just me or is this game unnecessarily complex and kind of shite

Visually yes. Mechanically its ok

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Update rolling out today:

quote:

Fan feedback is an important part of how we’ve built Xbox over the years, and this month’s update, which we expect to roll out later today, is all about addressing feedback from the community:

Upload custom Gamerpics to your Xbox profile; choose how you want to express yourself.

Mixer Co-streaming is now on console, for everyone: With just a few clicks, you and up to three of your friends can stream together in a single broadcast. Plus, never miss your friends’ streams inside your Club and Arena Tournaments.

Sign-in to your Xbox One with just one press of the Xbox button on your controller. Now you can make your controller truly your own.

New user-generated tournaments for Killer Instinct on Xbox One means it’s never been easier to go to battle with your friends.

Xbox App on iOS and Android updates bring support for LFG Sharing, Game Pass Browsing, an updated Language/Location Setting and an Android only feature supporting Messaging Chat Bubbles

https://majornelson.com/2017/07/13/custom-gamerpics-console-co-streaming-arena-updates-and-more-roll-out-to-xbox-fans-today/

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Are there goons that are active in Halo games (preferably Halo 5 and/or MCC)? I just started a goon group messaging thread with a couple of goons in. If you're not in and want in then message my gamertag, faaart XCUSE ME.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I've decided it's time to get a console of this generation. Is there any reason to get the xbone s or x instead of the original if I'm not really picky about super hd gaming experiences? I want the cheapest console I can get without locking myself out of any important functionality.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

CainsDescendant posted:

I've decided it's time to get a console of this generation. Is there any reason to get the xbone s or x instead of the original if I'm not really picky about super hd gaming experiences? I want the cheapest console I can get without locking myself out of any important functionality.

Get a PS4

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I like my xbone but don't get one as your only console

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Why is this thread even here it gets like 1 post every week.

It's not even funny anymore it's just sad.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
/\/\/\/\ Well, the Goons have hazed everyone away. "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you! WRONG RAM!" They're probably never coming back.

CainsDescendant posted:

The Xbone S is fine unless you love anime with all your heart and soul. You can play 95%+ of the games you would ever want to play on it, plus one or two decent games in a ocean of decent games.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 22, 2017

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Also you can download things without having to leave the system overnight in standby because PSN caps out at 56K or something obscene.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I have both and I use my PS4 once every 9 months and my Xbone nearly daily.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Why compromise when a PS4 has all the Xbox games and a boatload of major exclusives, of the anime and non-anime (e.g. Uncharted, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh) type?

Sextro posted:

Also you can download things without having to leave the system overnight in standby because PSN caps out at 56K or something obscene.

:confused: I just took this.

I mean, if all your friends got Xbones then get an Xbone so you can play with them, otherwise get a PS4.

univbee fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jul 22, 2017

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I see you love the Calls of Duty, Mister Anderson

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

I see you love the Calls of Duty, Mister Anderson

Oh lol, didn't even think about that.

At least it wasn't the download queue of Dead or Alive Anime cosplay outfits :shobon:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Get an xbox they need the help

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

You may need to get yourself ready for the Xbox experience like Conan, though.

https://i.imgur.com/u1M485N.mp4

Anyhoo if your choice box is Xbox the jist is that the original Xbox One is big, mandates a horizontal orientation, has an annoying power brick which can fail, can't output in HDR, and can't play 4K Ultra HD Blu-rays. The Xbox One S is smaller, has its power brick internally so the power cord is much simpler, and can play 4K Ultra HD Blu-rays. It will operate vertically but you need a stand for it which is generally sold separately. Also the Xbox One S requires a USB adapter if you want a Kinect 2.0, bearing in mind it's like super-dead. For games the framerate and resolution is identical to the original, but some newer games do allow for HDR.

The Xbox One X is going to upgrade a bunch of games similar to the PS4 Pro, with some games apparently downloading mandatory HD assets (all we know is that Forza 7 is meant to be a 100 gig game so even physical copies will have a 40+ gig patch not unlike how Halo 5 currently has a 51.9 gig patch) to these units (but not to the original or the S). More or less the same games getting PS4 Pro Enhancements, assuming they have Xbox versions, will have similar boosts likely pushing things further still, we should know more closer to its launch.

For PS4's the PS4 Pro does 4K gaming now. Every non-pro PS4 is functionally the same, supporting HDR output but not 4K. No PS4 can play Ultra HD Blu-rays, only regular Blu-rays.

univbee fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jul 22, 2017

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

CainsDescendant posted:

Well you'd have to wait til like November for the x to come out so just get an xbone s because they're available at basically the same price now in the bundles.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Always get the same console as your friends and never trust strangers online to give good advice.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

univbee posted:

Why compromise when a PS4 has all the Xbox games and a boatload of major exclusives, of the anime and non-anime (e.g. Uncharted, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh) type?

Because the PS4 controller is awful.

I have both and the only games I ever play on my PS4 are Uncharted and Horizon.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Peer pressure is a hell of a drug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Achievements are better than trophies :dealwithit: