Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Stux posted:

it isnt bait barudak genuinely feels that way

People are allowed to be wrong sometimes.

Not this time though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Ugh, I just realized my skyrim mods won't transfer to the series when I upgrade. So many delisted mods I won't be able to get back.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Ryoga posted:

Ugh, I just realized my skyrim mods won't transfer to the series when I upgrade. So many delisted mods I won't be able to get back.

no not the photorealistic horse vulvae

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Is there a Skyrim mod that increases the FPS above horseback speed?

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Lammasu posted:

So for some reason my Game Pass app can't find my Xbox One S. I can't remotely download games from it. This wouldn't be a problem but the download 5 games quest is worth 100 points this month so it's annoying me. I've done all the trouble shooting suggested in the FAQ to the best of my ability but nothing has worked. This is driving my OCD crazy.

I had this happen and some combination of reinstalling the Game Pass app and rebooting the Xbox One fixed it. I'm sure you already tried that, though.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I'm getting the Series X on release day, and getting one for my stepson for Christmas as a surprise.

We both like Call of Duty and I'll be getting the cross-gen version. Is there any way we can share the game and play at the same time, or do we need 2 copies? He will be playing on an Xbox One until Christmas.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I'm getting the Series X on release day, and getting one for my stepson for Christmas as a surprise.

We both like Call of Duty and I'll be getting the cross-gen version. Is there any way we can share the game and play at the same time, or do we need 2 copies?

Sign into his Xbox and designate it as your home Xbox. He will have access to all your games at all times, and you will have access to your games when you are logged in to your gamer tag on your Xbox.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Zerot posted:

Sign into his Xbox and designate it as your home Xbox. He will have access to all your games at all times, and you will have access to your games when you are logged in to your gamer tag on your Xbox.

Cheers! So if I get the game as a digital download from the Xbox store, we can both play at the same time, him with his gamertag and me with mine?

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Yes.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Outstanding!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Blind Rasputin posted:

Is there a Skyrim mod that increases the FPS above horseback speed?

Can't tell if this is sincere but iirc improving the fps via mods causes the horses to go absolutely bonkers because their movement speed was literally bound to the fps and if you are taking the piss I appreciate the reference

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 10, 2020

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Yeah me and my brother have done this for years, half price digital games baby.

Also works on playstations I think

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Crafty posted:

It does, the only minor-headache on both systems is the not-primary console needs to be able to go online to play anything you’ve shared like that, but as long as you don’t have a terrible ISP it’s a non-issue.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

It does, the only minor-headache on both systems is the not-primary console needs to be able to go online to play anything you’ve shared like that, but as long as you don’t have a terrible ISP it’s a non-issue.

It also messes up your ability to leverage certain features, particularly remote ones. I don't believe you can remote into your non-primary console(s) or trigger remote downloads to them. This applies to both Xbox and PlayStation.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

univbee posted:

It also messes up your ability to leverage certain features, particularly remote ones. I don't believe you can remote into your non-primary console(s) or trigger remote downloads to them. This applies to both Xbox and PlayStation.

You can still remote play locally on PS4 if you ever have the need to (usually it’s so my wife can watch tv or so I can play something on the vita in bed) but yeah remote download goes to the primary without fail.

I keep downloading stuff to my brother’s console due to this.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I don't know if anyone uses Microsoft Rewards, and I also don't know if this feature is available to everyone, but a new option to auto-use points for Xbox gift cards just appeared for me recently in the Microsoft Rewards app on Xbox. It is not available on the website for me.

Usually a $10 gift card is 9300 points, but this new feature knocks the price down to 8750.

univbee posted:

I don't think the bolded part is true. My One X is not my home console but I'm able to have downloads start there when I buy games. I can pick and choose which consoles download which games I purchase.

EDIT: I just remoted in to my non-home One X. I can manage it the same as my home device.

Zerot fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 10, 2020

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

yeah there's a window with checkboxes and you select where to install your bought stuff, pretty pointless that it shows up even if you only have one console

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Zerot posted:

I had this happen and some combination of reinstalling the Game Pass app and rebooting the Xbox One fixed it. I'm sure you already tried that, though.

I figured out what's wrong. On the app I can still download to my lap top and when I tried to start a remote download on the Xbox website it said I didn't have a registered device. So for some reason my Xbox account dose not recognize my Xbox One. What's even stranger is this has not affected the function of my Xbox at all. I can buy stuff on it and download from game pass no problem. I left a message on the Xbox support forums but I haven't heard anything yet.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Now that poo poo writes and reads instantly can we gently caress off the annoying rear end auto save warning confirmations now?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Laserface posted:

Now that poo poo writes and reads instantly can we gently caress off the annoying rear end auto save warning confirmations now?
On Xbox One saves were basically instant anyway, kind of. It writes saves to RAM and returns complete right away, then writes it out/uploads it at the leisure of the OS.

So, dunno.

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011

Laserface posted:

Probably not.

Akuma posted:

On Xbox One saves were basically instant anyway, kind of. It writes saves to RAM and returns complete right away, then writes it out/uploads it at the leisure of the OS.

What if power goes out before fsyncing? This might seem faster to the user but the risk is still there even if the warning isn't.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I'd rather lose some progress that suddenly have a "don't worry, there's no tension to this segment" alert popup in a horror game

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Easy to tell something spooky’s about to appear in Alien Isolation when the frame rate drops and the engine chugs attempting to spawning stuff

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Oct 11, 2020

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Crafty posted:

Isn't this still a thing that can get accounts banned? I have not heard of it happening often, but have had a few customers over the years ask if there was a way to get unbanned for game sharing.

I understand they want you to be able to access your content on multiple consoles on one account, but given the price hike on games I imagine they don't want people splitting those prices in half...

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1315299344648527872

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Easy to tell something spooky’s about to appear in Alien Isolation when the frame rate drops and the engine chugs attempting to spawning stuff

*”hold up, manifesting xenomorph”

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

well sony put up a page on their support site on ps5 backwards compatibility and are telling users to that ps4 games will be ps4-only: just deal with it

I just realized this means that the PS5 can run more PS4 titles than the Series X can run Xbox One titles. So much for that narrative.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Post the non compat list for xbox, bee

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Post the non compat list for xbox, bee

I'm not 100% sure on 1 or 2 of these because info on some of these titles is very thin on the ground, but it looks like it'll at least be these titles:

Air Guitar Warrior
Boom Ball
Boom Ball 2
Boom Ball 3
Commander Cherry
Dance Central Spotlight
Fantasia: Music Evolved
Fighter Within
Fruit Ninja Kinect 2
Just Dance 2014
Just Dance 2015
Just Dance: Disney Party 2
Kinect Sports Rivals
Kung-Fu
Perfect Woman
Q
Rabbids Invasion: The Interactive TV Show
Shape Up
Slice Zombies
Squid Hero
ZAZEN
Zumba Fitness: World Party

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Aka the Kinect titles, which nobody gives a poo poo about.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

So fru works?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Akuma posted:

Hey, I had someone ask me for a One Kinect just... last year! Once!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah it has a mode where you control a circle with your controller.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Akuma posted:

Don Mattrick is spinning in his grave.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Also I totally admit this is nit picky and the original argument is comparing Xbox one bc to ps4 bc, but there are Xbox the first (the og, the one, the 2001) games that won't run on series x or any Xbox one but they did on an Xbox 360.

The original halo 1/2 (the mcc collection has their own share of problems and halo 1 mcc is based off the pc version so there's no way of getting the original experience.

And I think there's a few others that were available on xbox 360 but never got made bc for the one/series x.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

More like nearly 400 it seems like.

And more than half the 360 library won't run on one/series x (though to be fair most of the titles left now are stuff like sports games)

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Ineffiable posted:

The original halo 1/2 (the mcc collection has their own share of problems and halo 1 mcc is based off the pc version so there's no way of getting the original experience.

It sucks so much that Gearbox's lowest-bidder PC port is the Halo:CE that persists.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Akuma posted:

meanwhile everyone is very cut up about acclaimed ps4 titles such as "joes diner" and "just deal with it!" not working on ps5

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Stux posted:

meanwhile everyone is very cut up about acclaimed ps4 titles such as "joes diner" and "just deal with it!" not working on ps5
They are?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

In Stuxs head people are besmirching his console of choice

Less than a month to go till I set up my Xbox series x and play sekiro with more frames than I could currently play it!