Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

otter posted:

Anyway, she got so mad the other day that she threatened to take the kids' switches away and give them to someone else's kids. I'm trying to cut her some slack in that she's dealing with the impending arrival of her mother for a week but god drat that's going to be a rough week for me trying to get an hour to sit down and relax. I really want to sit down and finish Fallout 4, but I can't remember where I was at in the game since that was the last time she started getting flippy outty about me "playing too much" Im just glad that with my new ipad I can remote-play some games after she falls asleep on the couch.
My partner also makes me put everything down and watch with her, but that's partly because of our opposite schedules. I'd say embrace it, we've started picking ahead of time what we're gonna watch and I've started squeezing playthroughs of third person (fps makes her nauseous) narrative games where she can just watch. When we started dating she didn't like video games at all, but I started out with easy co-op games with her to see if she was interested. Maybe you can find something the whole family can all play together, something simple like killer queen black, it has a spectator mode that made it easy to explain everything before we hopped in. Other than that I play in the margins, when she's asleep or doing her own thing. Sucks if you really want to play a game, but c'est la vie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I had flatmates who used to play video games on the shared TV all night, in the room that I slept in, and you would fall asleep to the canned sounds of N64 racing and football sounds. I’ve honestly never come so close to murder.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

bushisms.txt posted:

My partner also makes me put everything down and watch with her, but that's partly because of our opposite schedules. I'd say embrace it, we've started picking ahead of time what we're gonna watch and I've started squeezing playthroughs of third person (fps makes her nauseous) narrative games where she can just watch. When we started dating she didn't like video games at all, but I started out with easy co-op games with her to see if she was interested. Maybe you can find something the whole family can all play together, something simple like killer queen black, it has a spectator mode that made it easy to explain everything before we hopped in. Other than that I play in the margins, when she's asleep or doing her own thing. Sucks if you really want to play a game, but c'est la vie.

When we started dating and even got married she was a super competitive player at stuff like tetris and dr mario, etc. She has later decided that she hates it and yet when it's what she wants to do like playing uno on the xbox she magically doesn't hate it anymore. Believe it or not, she is better now than she was a few years back.
As far as people saying "oh, spend time with her" we spend too much time together and that's part of the problem. We are working from home and we are in the same 1400 sq ft almost all of the time now. It's more an issue of her being irritable about everything (especially the kids) and she blames video games for all of her problems. She insists that giving them their switches is the only way to keep them behaving all day while we work (she puts real attention and effort into work about 2-3 hours/day while I work 8) but then at 5 when we are off she wants to sit there and stare at her phone and gets pissed that the kids don't put down their electronic devices and do whatever it is that she wants them to do. There's some goddamned hypocrisy going on there.

I hate to say it but she has a vague point that she uses it as a babysitter too much and the kids need to be restricted to less play time since they throw fits when they get it taken away. Parental controls are going on their switches this weekend.

As far as TheScott2K - yeah dude, I made a lewd joke at one of the absolute worst movies that I have ever been subjected to - and was ambushed with - while she knew full well that I hated the first movie that I was obligated to watch. I don't think cracking a joke in a darkened theater with less than 30 people in it counts as publicly embarrassing her. If you do, you are being too sensitive about it on her behalf. You can get over it much like she did an hour later.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Do your future self a favor and start brainstorming weekend activities you can do with the kids by yourself.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

otter posted:

When we started dating and even got married she was a super competitive player at stuff like tetris and dr mario, etc. She has later decided that she hates it and yet when it's what she wants to do like playing uno on the xbox she magically doesn't hate it anymore. Believe it or not, she is better now than she was a few years back.
As far as people saying "oh, spend time with her" we spend too much time together and that's part of the problem. We are working from home and we are in the same 1400 sq ft almost all of the time now. It's more an issue of her being irritable about everything (especially the kids) and she blames video games for all of her problems. She insists that giving them their switches is the only way to keep them behaving all day while we work (she puts real attention and effort into work about 2-3 hours/day while I work 8) but then at 5 when we are off she wants to sit there and stare at her phone and gets pissed that the kids don't put down their electronic devices and do whatever it is that she wants them to do. There's some goddamned hypocrisy going on there.

I hate to say it but she has a vague point that she uses it as a babysitter too much and the kids need to be restricted to less play time since they throw fits when they get it taken away. Parental controls are going on their switches this weekend.

As far as TheScott2K - yeah dude, I made a lewd joke at one of the absolute worst movies that I have ever been subjected to - and was ambushed with - while she knew full well that I hated the first movie that I was obligated to watch. I don't think cracking a joke in a darkened theater with less than 30 people in it counts as publicly embarrassing her. If you do, you are being too sensitive about it on her behalf. You can get over it much like she did an hour later.

https://www.google.com/search?q=marriage+consueling+near+me&oq=marriage+consueling+near+me

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
This thread got weird. Anyway does anyone know how often Tetris Effect Connected does those events? Is it every weekend? I think I missed the one last weekend.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Relationship trouble?
Time for series ex

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Real hurthling! posted:

Relationship trouble?
Time for series ex

*refreshes Amazon

My lad is disabled and one of the phrases therapy taught him to express his emotions with is “sadness cloud” and oh boy do I get what you mean now son.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

EA Play was supposed to become free for PC Gamepass owners today but instead it's been delayed until 2021. It's weird they waited until release day to make this decision. Some people are pretty mad. The only game I want from that service is Jedi: Fallen Order and I'm plenty busy with other games now so I don't care so much.
https://twitter.com/XboxGamePassPC/status/1338876751154356225?s=20

Well this is annoying. I wanted to play Fallen Order on my PC this week since it doesn't run all that great on my One S. I wonder what the issue is? I thought it would've been a matter of just ensuring EA/Microsoft accounts were linked in the EA Play desktop client or something.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

teagone posted:

Well this is annoying. I wanted to play Fallen Order on my PC this week since it doesn't run all that great on my One S. I wonder what the issue is? I thought it would've been a matter of just ensuring EA/Microsoft accounts were linked in the EA Play desktop client or something.

Do you have it on an SSD? I meant to loop back after I finished Jedi: Fallen Order.

It ran OK the whole way through on a 500GB One S except for one specific scene shortly after you get to Kashyyyk. I didn't run into any of the texture issues or chopping that reviewers saw, likely because I played it from an SSD.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I wish headphone jacks in controllers were a thing when I was growing up, my mom hated the sound of video games and told me to play at volume level 2 only. I’m still self conscious about how loud my games are lol

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Twerk from Home posted:

Do you have it on an SSD? I meant to loop back after I finished Jedi: Fallen Order.

It ran OK the whole way through on a 500GB One S except for one specific scene shortly after you get to Kashyyyk. I didn't run into any of the texture issues or chopping that reviewers saw, likely because I played it from an SSD.

It's more so that I want to play the game at higher than 20-30 FPS. It was installed on the 1TB spinner inside the One S.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just want to say red rocket joke owns.

My wife really wanted to watch Twilight too...with the Rifftrax commentary. :)

Hell that’s how we’re saw all of them. It’s kind of amazing just how bad they were that for the longest time until Lighthouse and Tenet I figured Robert Pattinson wasn’t a very good actor, nope it’s just some poo poo is impossible to let any joy or creativity come through regardless of talent.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I have never heard the term red rocket before, I had to google it. I guess that’s an American joke

I completed the prologue or whatever of cyber punk, this game is both good and awful at the same time

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crafty posted:

I have never heard the term red rocket before, I had to google it. I guess that’s an American joke

I completed the prologue or whatever of cyber punk, this game is both good and awful at the same time

Honestly I remember it first from a South Park joke.

I’m loving Cyberpunk in all it’s janky Deus Ex like glory.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It's great, and it's made me love the share button that Microsoft added to the Series controllers, because moments like these deserve to be saved forever:

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

YeehawMcKickass posted:

You have to make them call you.

How do I do that? I went to the support website and it said that telephone support wasn't available for that problem.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Honestly I remember it first from a South Park joke.

I saw it first in the rockos modern life pilot when the dog gets horny for the mop he transforms into a red rocket and blasts off and i was like idgi mom and dad and they were like dying

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

teagone posted:

My guess is EA dragging their feet getting their Origin replacement "EA Desktop app" out of beta. I read somewhere when they announced Game Pass x EA Play that the PC version would use this new app instead of Origin to connect with Game Pass.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Lammasu posted:

How do I do that? I went to the support website and it said that telephone support wasn't available for that problem.

Never mind. I think I got it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

It owns that cyberpunk shat the bed cause we can talk openly about our critical opinions without guys writing like angry zaphod posts about how wrong we are and to get good actually

My introduction to zaphod was him doing exactly this for the no man's sky launch.

And cyberpunk on series X at least is a million times better than what that game even is now.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I just noticed that my order page says "expedited shipping" but my tracking number says UPS Ground.....uh yeah, that's not quite an expedited shipping service :laffo:

I'm in no real rush to get it but just further drives home the point that this generation's console launch has been a disaster all around

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

Lammasu posted:

I got them to call me by feeding their automated support a bunch of bullshit text and replying with a no to every verification answer. I went through the Xbox support page.

I got an email this morning from my initial attempt to go through online support. I’ll just c/p part of it:

quote:

We have found an error in the Xbox 1- month Ultimate subscription codes that you redeemed from Microsoft Rewards. Thank you for bringing this up tour attention.

As a resolution, we are providing you with a replacement code. On top of that, please accept an extra Xbox 1- month Ultimate subscription code as our goodwill gesture.

Of course the link they provided has nothing in it. I was already credited the initial month so I’m not out anything.

YeehawMcKickass fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Dec 16, 2020

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

EA Play was supposed to become free for PC Gamepass owners today but instead it's been delayed until 2021. It's weird they waited until release day to make this decision. Some people are pretty mad. The only game I want from that service is Jedi: Fallen Order and I'm plenty busy with other games now so I don't care so much.
https://twitter.com/XboxGamePassPC/status/1338876751154356225?s=20

I suspect that this delay is primarily due to technical issues linking EA Play/EA Desktop with Xbox accounts and that that's primarily on EA's end (apparently EA Desktop is extremely buggy compared to the Origin client it's meant to replace in the near future), but on the marketing side, MS handled this about as badly as they possibly could, promoting the December 15 date until the last possible second (literally; some people were still getting ads for it yesterday).

The right thing for MS to do would be to work with EA to provide codes for at least a month of free EA Play on PC to everyone with a Game Pass PC or Ultimate subscription, but I'm not holding my breath.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Barry Convex posted:

apparently EA Desktop is extremely buggy compared to the Origin client it's meant to replace in the near future

Can confirm. Not unlike the new Xbox app that is supposed to replace the Console Companion, the new EA Play software sucks so loving bad and currently lacks even the most basic launcher features such as "installing games to a drive other than C:" and "locating a game that is already installed". Granted, I got in during the beta phase, but EA Play is pretty much completely unusable (unless you feel like reinstalling every EA game you have to your C: drive I guess)

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The new xbox app doesn't let you remote play anymore right or am I just missing it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Empress Brosephine posted:

The new xbox app doesn't let you remote play anymore right or am I just missing it
Go to My Library > Consoles and then you should be able to select "remote play on this device" which will launch a local xCloud instance on your phone.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Codemasters being bought by EA is a good thing for GamePass ultimate, the gift that keeps on giving. Micromachines battle royale (fall guys style) please

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American McGay posted:

Go to My Library > Consoles and then you should be able to select "remote play on this device" which will launch a local xCloud instance on your phone.

On PC though is what I meant, sorry

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

I just want a new TOCA Race Driver game from Codemasters to give the Forza Motorsport team a run for their money

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

barnold posted:

I just noticed that my order page says "expedited shipping" but my tracking number says UPS Ground.....uh yeah, that's not quite an expedited shipping service :laffo:

I'm in no real rush to get it but just further drives home the point that this generation's console launch has been a disaster all around

UPS Ground is 1-3 days (generally) in the US and is considered an "expedite" service because there are slower options out there that would be considered "standard" shipping.

Unless you specifically paid out the loving rear end for some sort of Next Day Air service I don't think you should be upset.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

owls or something posted:

UPS Ground is 1-3 days (generally) in the US and is considered an "expedite" service because there are slower options out there that would be considered "standard" shipping.

I worked for UPS for a year and while I mostly just rode around in the truck dropping packages off, I'm absolutely certain that UPS Ground is explicitly not expedited shipping, and most consumer storefronts like eBay specifically state that UPS Ground only qualifies as "standard shipping" rather than expedited for item sellers

But hey it's been almost a month since I placed this order to begin with so it's not like an extra 24 hours is going to break the bank lol, I am a patient boy, I wait I wait I wait I wait

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
I actually haven't run into any major issues with the Xbox app on PC, though I know that's not the case for everybody

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I hope they get Series X|S streaming working on PC soon. I'm killing my eyes trying to play Cyberpunk and reading all the text on my phone

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Empress Brosephine posted:

Top right corner there's a little "wifi" symbol.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Laserface posted:

it baffles me that people still fall for this poo poo after Watchdogs 1, assassins creed games, etc.

the apology from CDPR was gold though. 'sorry we never thought to show the game running on consoles so you could make an informed purchase' lol mother fuckers you knew exactly what the gently caress you were doing. cyberCraig 2077 wouldnt have got anywhere near as much attention and would have been rightly slammed by the community for looking like dog poo poo.

Some people do learn their lesson eventually but there's always a steady influx of new people coming into games that end up falling for all the marketing crap and pre-order bullshit. The model works very well for publishers, sadly.

Loads of people also had the wool pulled over them with the whole "CDPR can do no wrong, they care about the gamers" angle.

It's a very funny seeing publications giving the game a collective metacritic score of 91 at launch but then they turn around and say there hasn't been enough time to play it properly so it's not eligible for this year's GOTY and will only be considered next year, after a year of patches.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

eh, the metacritic score is just so the devs won't starve, the game journalist's trolley problem

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

a friend of mine showed me some reddit/twitter post that said "ive been waiting 8 years for this game now its trash on my xbox one base console I have nothing left to look forward to"

its like man, what the gently caress, you had 8 years of self-inflicted hype and during those 8 years theres been plenty of wet-fart games hit the market, you could have educated yourself on how video games work to understand it was never going to look like the demos on a base console, you could have done so much to temper your own expectations, yet you handed over $10 for a teaser trailer 8 years ago and expected it to pay off like some kind of penny stock investment or some poo poo.

it blows my mind that. Gamers truly are the worst.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Emotions hit hard even if you understand the situation. It's 2020 and I'm still salty about Spore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
UPS ground is not expedited, it can be slow as it uses road and rail for cross country and regional trips, UPS surepost is same as ground except it gets delivered to your local post office to deliver to your home afterwards.
It is a fair better service than Fedex ground though with its 10,000 contractors and wildly inconsistent delivery times, Fedex Express is run separate.