Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I have absolutely no idea how to understand these tweets. I’m not sure what mega slam dunk the Twitter person thinks they’re making but they could make it more obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

:thunk:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3665307&pagenumber=104&perpage=40#post438163506

In other news, Jet Set Radio (& Future) fans have a very awesome game to look forward to. Bomb Rush Cyberfunk has been in development for a while now and really does look a lot like JSRF and Hideki Naganuma is handling the soundtrack for it. It looks so good :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11TmDJYHAmw

Also, slightly older news but the hardware teardown of the Series X has been done and it looks like Microsoft designed a really solid machine here without anything that stands out as worrisome so while I still personally have concerns about console launch hardware by default, it does look like the Series X is actually a well-designed machine that should be reliable. The odd design seems to have really worked in their favor for getting a massive heatsink and fan in there and they didn't cheap out on thermal paste either, they're using premium everything it seems :stare: I wonder what kind of loss they're taking on the hardware? I imagine the Series S might perhaps be designed to compensate in some way? Interesting video to watch, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqv4meZcVEk

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

lmao

go gently caress yourself univbee

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

ngl chortled for a solid minute

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Ruffian Price posted:

ngl chortled for a solid minute

context for people not into the lore?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

context for people not into the lore?

When Master Chief collection came out it, uh, was a brutal install. Then the hosed up patch but not a patch that was basically the the entire game, but new, came out and well <gestures> Thats what happened when you tried to install from disc

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Barudak posted:

When Master Chief collection came out it, uh, was a brutal install. Then the hosed up patch but not a patch that was basically the the entire game, but new, came out and well <gestures> Thats what happened when you tried to install from disc

OH i see, he's installing a patch for 4.45 hours. Jesus. I'm glad I skipped on the one that generation.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The SoD2 devs have finally responded now that it went viral.

https://twitter.com/StateOfDecay/status/1364868905613680642?s=20

https://twitter.com/StateOfDecay/status/1364870223195631616?s=20

Of course Twitter gonna Twitter so the replies are all about how punching nazis is bad and that games shouldn't have politics in them.

Hoo boy that was bad on my part.

I also remember my ban reason was stated as being because I posted the Xbox thread back in the day but that reason has been edited for just the jailed dude. I didn't realize probation text ever got edited.

univbee fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Feb 25, 2021

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Hedonist posted:

lmao

go gently caress yourself univbee

November 2014 univbee is cancelled

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Haha I thought it was 2019. :honk:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

November 2014 univbee is cancelled

That was just after my child was born so my career was over anyway.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

SUNKOS posted:

In other news, Jet Set Radio (& Future) fans have a very awesome game to look forward to. Bomb Rush Cyberfunk has been in development for a while now and really does look a lot like JSRF and Hideki Naganuma is handling the soundtrack for it. It looks so good :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11TmDJYHAmw

So excited for a proper JSR sequel. The tagging mechanic looks super elegant, hope it plays the same.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Visually it's perfect, and I trust the Lethal League guys. Sucks that it's 2022 though.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1365017935505469444

C'mon Phil, now's your chance...

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

APE

ESCAPE

:siren:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They will buy bluepoint and make them remake ape escape instead of jpn studio

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Yeah, they've been bleeding talent like crazy, the latest news is just another in a long list of departures. Could see it coming a mile away when Ryan took over and Nintendo's utter domination of the Japanese market is only speeding things up in that regard, I think.

I wouldn't consider it an opportunity for Microsoft however, and I know people were suspecting things because suddenly Phil had Kojima's Ludens figure behind him and likes to drop teasers like that but I can't see them gobbling up all these ex-Sony devs or KP. Granted there's a lot at this point but Microsoft wants already established studios it seems, and I think that in general Kojima Productions is just a better fit for Sony.

Speaking of however, there were all the rumors of a new Silent Hill going around and people suspected Sony worked out a deal with Konami, but Blooper Team of all devs (The Medium) have been dropping hints that they've been given the rights to make a new entry in a huge horror IP that people have been waiting a long time to see and it's looking like it might actually be them. We'll never know until (and if) it's announced, but given the style of The Medium it doesn't seem such a stretch to think about, compared to Konami letting Kojima take his shot when the people who run the company very clearly hate him for some reason. Maybe MGSV had some disparaging lines about pachinko machines that had to be removed from the game? They're utter fools for cancelling that project.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Can't wait for bloobers take on alone in the dark

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I forgot that IP even existed. I wonder if there are actually people out there that consider it a huge IP and eagerly await a new entry?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

bushisms.txt posted:

Can't wait for bloobers take on alone in the dark

It can't be worse than the last one.

Edit: I mean second to last, because no one knows that Alone in the Dark: Illumination (2015) even existed. I didn't until two minutes ago!

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 25, 2021

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SUNKOS posted:

I forgot that IP even existed. I wonder if there are actually people out there that consider it a huge IP and eagerly await a new entry?

It invented survival horror as we know it so people remember it but only as "that goofy trash that resident evil copied"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

IAlone in the Dark: Illumination (2015)

You definitely made this up

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

SUNKOS posted:

I wouldn't consider it an opportunity for Microsoft however, and I know people were suspecting things because suddenly Phil had Kojima's Ludens figure behind him and likes to drop teasers like that ...

Calling it now: Snatcher remake

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Lol Xbox Live has been down for four hours

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They had an influx of new users after that Sony presentation.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Got some new campaign screenshots for Halo Infinite and it actually looks really nice now? More of an improvement than I was expecting at least. I’m more than happy for the game to look like that if they get it running well.

https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1365085164980871175

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
There was also an audio file showing that the Created storyline has not been fully abandoned. https://content.halocdn.com/media/Default/community/blogs/halsey_journal_01-1cb7b58224cb4761bca2b9fd990634cc.wav

Thom12255 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Feb 26, 2021

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Kevyn posted:

Lol Xbox Live has been down for four hours

What the gently caress, I can't even sign in? Even in previous outages it didn't prevent me from being logged in as me on the console itself, I can't even pick an account for local saves or anything.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Doctor Nutt posted:

What the gently caress, I can't even sign in? Even in previous outages it didn't prevent me from being logged in as me on the console itself, I can't even pick an account for local saves or anything.

Go into settings and turn on offline mode and it’ll let you sign in locally, but yeah it’s dumb that you have to do that

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Kevyn posted:

Go into settings and turn on offline mode and it’ll let you sign in locally, but yeah it’s dumb that you have to do that

Ah thank you, that is a tremendous help.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Red dead online seems to be working. Been playing that the last couple hours, only heard about the outage when taking a break.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

bushisms.txt posted:

Red dead online seems to be working. Been playing that the last couple hours, only heard about the outage when taking a break.

Yeah, fairly certain I was logged in and playing mass effect when the outage had started, but I made the crucial error of logging out. Never log out.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I can't use my profile in the YouTube app. This is super annoying.

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

I have it on good authority that someone knocked over their Mountain Dew while trying to open a bag of Doritos and it spilled on the server.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/xboxsupport/status/1365126772467978242?s=21

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
My son whining about fortnite was the worst part about the Live down time. He still played on Switch, but complained about how it looked and ran versus SeX. I don't blame him.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

i can still taste him posted:

My son whining about fortnite was the worst part about the Live down time. He still played on Switch, but complained about how it looked and ran versus SeX. I don't blame him.

gamer parents are making our kids weak

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In my day if a game could maintain over 20fps we were lucky! Why to just rent a videogame I had to walk through the snow to the video store and all they'd have was a game about eco-conscious raccoons. And we liked it!!!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

My XsX is back to being the set top box that is its 85%~ purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Blue Raider posted:

My XsX is back to being the set top box that is its 85%~ purpose.

it can never be a true set top box without the fabled HDMI In port. i will never forgive phil spencer for what he took from me