Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

our 26 studios are all working tirelessly to deliver you a halo experience you'll never forget for holiday 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

yeah epic's lawyer's been trying to act like how microsoft handle consoles reflect the entire console industry, but it's not true and apple's lawyers seems to be slowly grilling their way to that point

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

i love how square has one game per year thats a total insult to anyone that would pay for it.
quiet man
that front mission spin off
balan

whats next in this illustrious series?

I was thinking about that game the other day and could not remember what the hell it was called.

And when I say "Thinking about" I mean I was stoned and watching something about Balan and remembered "Didn't Squeenix put out that weird terrible game like two or three years ago that was just as baffling as this for different reasons?"

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
just thought of a good one

balan blunderworld

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

joylessdivision posted:

I was thinking about that game the other day and could not remember what the hell it was called.

And when I say "Thinking about" I mean I was stoned and watching something about Balan and remembered "Didn't Squeenix put out that weird terrible game like two or three years ago that was just as baffling as this for different reasons?"

yeah they seem to always find the money to make and publish a game that everyone laughs at 3-4 years running.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

is this trial that we are following in this thread, related to the Fortnite on iOS drama? What does Microsoft and Xbox have to do with this? Also the indie dev questions?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

I said come in! posted:

is this trial that we are following in this thread, related to the Fortnite on iOS drama? What does Microsoft and Xbox have to do with this? Also the indie dev questions?
xbox has a rep currently on the bench being questioned as it's a question about the gaming market at large. most of the commentary is kept to the epic games store thread unless it's relevant to xbox at large

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

The judge is forcing the industry at large to explain how it makes money before deciding if walled gardens are illegal

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Psychonauts 2 is up for preload on console, and judging from the file size, it's the full game and not a placeholder. Must be pretty close to release.

https://twitter.com/IdleSloth84/status/1390015889018327044

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Date?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Sorry but you are really not my type.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I said come in! posted:

There is no way Psychonauts 2 is coming out this year.
Thank you for your service.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1390037330942070788?s=19

If Sony pulls out of the Show multiplatform deal, I wouldn't care. This is exactly what I was hoping would happen, though I was expecting the MLB to make the move themselves. Still, way more excited for SMB4 than whatever comes next for the show.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

https://www.ign.com/articles/mass-effect-legendary-edition-confirms-120fps-on-xbox-series-x-and-60fps-on-ps5

"With just over a week left to go before the launch of Mass Effect Legendary Edition, EA has confirmed that the Xbox Series X can run the game at 120fps, while the PlayStation 5 will run the game at 60fps."

PlayStation 5: Up to 60fps at 4K in Favor Quality, Up to 60fps at 1440p in Favor Framerate
    Xbox Series X: Up to 60fps at 4K in Favor Quality, Up to 120fps at 1440p in Favor Framerate
    PlayStation 4 Pro: Up to 30fps at 4K in Favor Quality, Up to 60fps at 1440p in Favor Framerate
    Xbox Series S/Xbox One X: Up to 30fps at 4K in Favor Quality, Up to 60fps at 1440p in Favor Framerate
    PlayStation 4: Up to 30fps at 1080p in Favor Quality, Up to 60fps at 1080p in Favor Framerate
    Xbox One: Up to 30fps at 1080p in Favor Quality, Up to 60fps at 1080p in Favor Framerate

I'm wondering if the PS5 part isn't a typo? Seems weird to offer this choice.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 5, 2021

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I thought you would never ask! :swoon:

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

John F Bennett posted:

https://www.ign.com/articles/mass-effect-legendary-edition-confirms-120fps-on-xbox-series-x-and-60fps-on-ps5

"With just over a week left to go before the launch of Mass Effect Legendary Edition, EA has confirmed that the Xbox Series X can run the game at 120fps, while the PlayStation 5 will run the game at 60fps."

PlayStation 5: Up to 60fps at 4K in Favor Quality, Up to 60fps at 1440p in Favor Framerate
    Xbox Series X: Up to 60fps at 4K in Favor Quality, Up to 120fps at 1440p in Favor Framerate
    PlayStation 4 Pro: Up to 30fps at 4K in Favor Quality, Up to 60fps at 1440p in Favor Framerate
    Xbox Series S/Xbox One X: Up to 30fps at 4K in Favor Quality, Up to 60fps at 1440p in Favor Framerate
    PlayStation 4: Up to 30fps at 1080p in Favor Quality, Up to 60fps at 1080p in Favor Framerate
    Xbox One: Up to 30fps at 1080p in Favor Quality, Up to 60fps at 1080p in Favor Framerate

It's on their actual site, so low chance of it being a typo - https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/performance-details (the link in the IGN article is incorrect)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John F Bennett posted:

min 60fps on all consoles, you love to see it!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

John F Bennett posted:

Well, there is this: "Note: Consistency of target framerate & resolution is dependent on platform. The more powerful the hardware the more consistently you will experience the specified target framerate & resolution."

So the choice still matters for those that prioritize framerate on the PS, even if the limit is the same.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Easy Allies review said that the PS5 version hit the 60fps mark and stayed there, so long as you have raytracing turned off. Turned on and the frame rate apparently dips well below 30fps a lot.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

I said come in! posted:

Easy Allies review said that the PS5 version hit the 60fps mark and stayed there, so long as you have raytracing turned off. Turned on and the frame rate apparently dips well below 30fps a lot.

I assume you're talking about Resident Evil? DF's video showed Ray Tracing absolutely trashed the framerates and I couldn't really see much of a graphical difference.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Evil Badman posted:

It's on their actual site, so low chance of it being a typo - https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/performance-details (the link in the IGN article is incorrect)

quote:

For anyone curious as to why there is no 120FPS on PS5 it is due to technical limitations with BC games running on the system. It is likely not because of a hardware limitation (no way to actually tell without a full PS5 version but it almost certainly could). Developers can't add features not present for the PS4 (in this case 120FPS support)b therefore, to implement them would require a full PS5 native version. Same is true with Warzone,
Rocket League, Overwatch, and several others. And because the titles are still in Unreal Engine 3, there is little reason to make a native version for PS5 or XSX as very few features could be gained.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1390014679091535872?s=19

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Does the fact that Resident Evil Village shows up on this site https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere mean I can buy it once and play it on PC/Xbox series x? I don't see it explicitly say this anywhere on REVIII's page so I'm suspect.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Nuts and Gum posted:

Does the fact that Resident Evil Village shows up on this site https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere mean I can buy it once and play it on PC/Xbox series x? I don't see it explicitly say this anywhere on REVIII's page so I'm suspect.

Hmm, weird, it does not show up for me on that list. Also does not show up on the actual game's Xbox product listing: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/resident-evil-village/9mw7mfv29cmf

So I wouldn't trust that it has this, even though RE7 did.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Xbox stays winning

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Seltzer posted:

Xbox stays winning

Winning in court, too.

https://twitter.com/imranzomg/statu...ingawful.com%2F

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thom12255 posted:

I assume you're talking about Resident Evil? DF's video showed Ray Tracing absolutely trashed the framerates and I couldn't really see much of a graphical difference.

Yes, hopefully the PC version uses DLSS because that is the only way really to have ray-tracing be usable, even with the new Nvidia cards.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Lmao, Xbox stays winning indeed

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Live the platform. Love the platform.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Objection your honor! The prosecution referenced the console as xbone. We respectfully request a mistrial.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

loving lol at the court stuff. Cool seeing Microsoft seemingly having fun with this debacle they've been roped into while Sony desperately tries to hide all their sleazy dealings. That crossplay stuff has put me off renewing PS+ in the future. As for the case in general though I'm hoping Epic loses just to put an end to their nonsense and hopefully they go back to just making games. Used to be one of my favorite developers (Unreal Tournament :swoon:) but ever since Fortnite became huge it's sucked seeing what they've become. That and the new UT being canned when it was shaping up so well :smith:

Real hurthling! posted:

they should do a chief/marcus buddy crossover game.

Killer Instinct 2! They had Arbiter & General Raam in the first and it was basically the Xbox version of Smash so they need to make a sequel. Apparently the new game by the devs isn't a fighter though so we could be waiting a while. I'd like to see them maybe experiment with making a team-based sequel, either 2v2 or 3v3. They could find some fun and ridiculous things to do with combos with a tag system imo and it could stand alongside the original and compliment it rather than being a strict replacement. They need to do more cross-studio stuff in general as well because the KI announcer really should be an option in Gears of War multiplayer at the very least.

Just remembered that now they own Bethesda they could get the Doom guy and Corvo from Dishonored in KI as well. We need a sequel :negative:

Nuts and Gum posted:

Kinda related but RE Village says smart delivery and compatible with the One & Series consoles on the store page, so I assume buying the game on One X will have it work and also update to the next gen version on the Series X when that's available? Just double checking I'm not getting it confused with BC features. Thinking I might snag the combo pack of Village & RE7 and hopefully snag a Series X by the time I'm done with RE7.

In other news a new video of Shadow Warrior 3 has been released and it's confirmed for old gen consoles, which is a really weird choice because the gameplay reveal looked very technically impressive. This just shows an arena fight but yeah, they're going very Doom-y and it looks fun as heck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVGeuQIrV4A

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Has Second Extinction been discussed? I don’t recall hearing anything about it but dinosaurs, explosions and shooting poo poo are entirely my kids’ jam. How have we not heard about this? I went to the Xbox website to see what was on sale and was blessed with gory dinosaur-filled rampagey delight.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Xbox wireless headphones in stock at best buy online. It also shows open box versions for 79.99. Series s also shows available.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I bet whenever they get to them during the hearings they'll also say "The Nintendo" as well, and I hope whoever is representing them gives the exact same response :3:

I wonder what the reaction of the judge who's clearly out of touch will be if the Wii U comes up in conversation.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the WiiU has never come up in any conversation

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Xbox Series X has quietly become my favorite console. The best version of cross-gen games always available. Got to love it.

Very interested in seeing what happens when we start to get pure next-gen games.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the WiiU has never come up in any conversation

It did when Bayonetta 2 released!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

SUNKOS posted:

I wonder what the reaction of the judge who's clearly out of touch will be if the Wii U comes up in conversation.

Held in contempt. Judge doesn't have time to talk about Wii accessories.