Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

The PS4 also automatically routed all audio to your headphones the moment you plugged headphones into the DualShock. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yeah since 2013

I couldn’t believe it when the one didn’t mute my tv

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

should let us set icons for the home groups that isnt just the same little pin icon

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

for now I prefer xbox's "can put your headphone audio on a digital output or through a better amp if you want" solution, but obviously both consoles should have a toggle. at least the dualsense's analog out has a lower noise floor than the elite

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

yeah since 2013

I couldn’t believe it when the one didn’t mute my tv
I actually prefer the way the Xbox does it* because it means I can use headphones with the controller and capture video with audio through HDMI at the same time. There's no way to do this with PS4/5, you end up with no audio in your capture.

*It should absolutely default to off through HDMI if you plug in headphones, though, and let you turn it back on if you want it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Akuma posted:

I actually prefer the way the Xbox does it* because it means I can use headphones with the controller and capture video with audio through HDMI at the same time. There's no way to do this with PS4/5, you end up with no audio in your capture.

*It should absolutely default to off through HDMI if you plug in headphones, though, and let you turn it back on if you want it.

Agreed.
The first time I used a One and plugged my headphones in without realising the TV was still making noise at like 2am was funny though

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

American McGay posted:

Search Xbox insider on the store and download the app.

I’m starting to think this “Insider” club isn’t as exclusive as I was led to believe…

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I wonder if the existence of Game Pass and any performance incentives for Ddevs on Game Pass will lead to changes to the rhythm and pacing of games. Because if the tutorial is kind of dragging, I will absolutely uninstall your life's work in an instant to see if something else grabs me.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

doingitwrong posted:

I wonder if the existence of Game Pass and any performance incentives for Ddevs on Game Pass will lead to changes to the rhythm and pacing of games. Because if the tutorial is kind of dragging, I will absolutely uninstall your life's work in an instant to see if something else grabs me.

It's possible. Netflix examines people's viewing habits rather extensively and decisions for future content are made based on that, so I can see Microsoft doing something similar and sharing "best practices" with devs on what players like and dislike.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

How can I demonstrate to MS in a noticeably analytical way how terrible the opening hours of Code Vein are.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

How can I demonstrate to MS in a noticeably analytical way how terrible the opening hours of Code Vein are.
Scream at them on social media, of course

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Soul Glo posted:

We live in a world where Xbox games are on Switch and PlayStation games are on Xbox

And all of those come with circumstances that make them the exceptions that prove the rule.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

TheScott2K posted:

And all of those come with circumstances that make them the exceptions that prove the rule.

my point is there are no rules, we live in an age of chaos!!!

but yeah phil spencer said those games would be exclusive to platforms that have gamepass so they probably won't be on playstation unless sony gives in and lets microsoft put gamepass on ps5, which isn't gonna happen.

i imagine that's going to be the company refrain in the coming years as a way to leverage other platform holders like sony and nintendo and maybe steam to host and advertise gamepass.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

You can skip the opening hours by just choosing a preset appearance.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Phil Spencer calling up Satoshi J. Kemco at 4 am telling him the numbers don't lie, the people want more sister smooching

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

J-Spot posted:

You can skip the opening hours by just choosing a preset appearance.

But character creation is the only worthwhile thing about Code Vein

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Doctor Nutt posted:

But character creation is the only worthwhile thing about Code Vein

It uninstalled pretty smoothly, but that might really be a something I should credit Microsoft

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I keep going into settings to double check that I have my series x set to energy saving mode because it boots so fast. Seriously if you don't care about remote downloads I highly recommend going with energy saving, everything still boots up and load extremely fast and quick resume functions normally as well.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Doctor Nutt posted:

I keep going into settings to double check that I have my series x set to energy saving mode because it boots so fast. Seriously if you don't care about remote downloads I highly recommend going with energy saving, everything still boots up and load extremely fast and quick resume functions normally as well.

Hell yeah, it's got faster since launch as well. My One X took over a minute for a cold boot, with the Series X I'm already gaming.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
It would be cool if I could just buy a drat series X without taking a day off to camp a buy button :(

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Join the insider thing and just wait for them to contact you. Easy.

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

Got 3 months of game pass ultimate for $1; spent the whole weekend playing Wreckfest, Tetris Effect and Final Fantasy 7.

Good times.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

BrownieVK posted:

It would be cool if I could just buy a drat series X without taking a day off to camp a buy button :(

Honestly just follow one of the restock dudes on twitter. It's all a crapshoot anyways once you get in the queue on any of the websites. Just make sure you're logged into Best Buy/Microsoft etc and you'll know whether you've got one or not in about 15 minutes

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The series x seems a lot easier vs the ps5 tbh

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

owls or something posted:

Got 3 months of game pass ultimate for $1; spent the whole weekend playing Wreckfest, Tetris Effect and Final Fantasy 7.

Good times.

Game Pass rules

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

MarcusSA posted:

The series x seems a lot easier vs the ps5 tbh

Critically, in my case, it was about 1000x easier than getting a gpu. I still want a ps5 tho

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

had a good laugh at people itt not thinking to turn the volume down on their tv when plugging in headphones.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Laserface posted:

had a good laugh at people itt not thinking to turn the volume down on their tv when plugging in headphones.

god, the first time i plugged in my turtle beaches back in the 360 days, i am pretty sure it instantly worsened my tinnitus by several orders of magnitude lmao

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Laserface posted:

Why?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Cause it's funny.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

'why doesnt the xbox turn off the output to the TV and how do i make it do that I cant play games with headphones AND TV speakers on at the same time!' I scream as i completely forget about the volume control of the speakers in question

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Knockout City this Friday! Excited for a crossplay game that doesn't require pinpoint aim.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Laserface posted:

'why doesnt the xbox turn off the output to the TV and how do i make it do that I cant play games with headphones AND TV speakers on at the same time!' I scream as i completely forget about the volume control of the speakers in question

As has been pointed out the other major console does it how most people expect it to work.

When I plug headphones into my phone / tablet the speakers stop playing the sound.

It’s also weird that there isn’t at least a toggle for it.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Following Wario64 on Twitter has done me no good. When is the supply supposed to stabilize?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lammasu posted:

Following Wario64 on Twitter has done me no good. When is the supply supposed to stabilize?

Based on basically every industry world wide, 2022

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lammasu posted:

Honestly maybe the end of the year? Shits hosed on a lot of levels.

They don’t expect GPUs to stabilize till like 2022 at the earliest (maybe 2023).

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Barudak posted:

Based on basically every industry world wide, 2022

God drat it. I clicked the link at like 12 seconds and it was already sold out. My area probably doesn't have good enough internet for this.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

MarcusSA posted:

Honestly maybe the end of the year? Shits hosed on a lot of levels.

They don’t expect GPUs to stabilize till like 2022 at the earliest (maybe 2023).

I went to a couple of thrift shops today and saw an xbox one s for $249 and a ps4 for $199
I keep thinking I need to stop being lazy about it and list my spare xbone on eBay
Is there anything on game pass that isn’t a Series S/X exclusive situation that won’t play on the vcr xbone?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Laserface posted:

Every other digital device in the world stops speaker output when you plug headphones in tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Laserface posted:

I see you never owned a PS4 or PS5, which switch the audio automatically -- something I'd expect from a modern console like the Xbox Series X