Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

veni veni veni posted:

That's what I'm thinking. He formatted the HD, but maybe the console is making them available because it was his main?

The only other thing I can think of is that MS charged me for Gold for a few months in there and I didn't notice. Because most of those were free at one point I believe.

Welcome back to Xbox! Still NES Guerrilla?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Thanks! Nihils Maw on Xbox. What are you playin these days?

That's what it was! NES was your old forum name. Sorry we haven't hooked up on PS4, I don't play it much.

We've still got a solid block of goons who play Battlefield 1 about three times a week, usually in the evening.

We also get down with some Rocket League or Overwatch. If you see me playing send me an invite or feel free to join our party.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Halo multiplayer just devolves into two people running/bunny-hopping at each other, mag dumping into their shields and then a slap fight.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Game Pass is a joke. It will be worth it come 2018, I hope.

They'll probably fill it with 360 games though.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Are you guys going to be playing playerunknown battlegrounds when it comes out?

I'm very much looking forward to this on Xbox. They haven't given a timeline of when it will be available. All I've heard is that the devs have it running on an Xbox and want to get it to Preview program soon.

The game looks to be very much my kind of game.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

They let more stuff through but its real easy to crash the game from what i heard

It's not any worse than Skyrim is on its own. I think I have a blood mod, a masonry mod (makes stonework look better) and a weather mod.

Before I installed them the game crashed once or twice, and it's been the same after.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Has anyone bought Crawl?

I can't seem to start a local mp game without having accounts with passwords.

Can you really not play this game as a guest?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I figure they are bots as most ignore my taunts and keep spitting out a pretty obvious script. Must have something to do with Live being able to work on Windows. I get about 5-7 a week. All of them pretend to be women and then invite you to a cam site.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I don't know but I took a gander at one's friend list and it was fairly obvious they were just going through alphabetically. I realize that is how they are sorted but just by looking I could tell they'd added by: Ba, bab, bac, bad.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Even COD4's multiplayer is a clusterfuck. You can't spawn in without some try hard using a bolt action with an acog to insta-kill you. They didn't do anything to actually fix it.

Prop Hunt is awesome though.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

If you have a Kinect I recommend Fru.

It's the only game I've ever seen make a novel use of motion other than "waggle to do x."

I seriously wish we had more novel ideas like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su6Jsn2V2L0

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I'm going to grab an X and trade in the ol' bone.

Will also be grabbing a 4K tv when I moved to my new place.

I'm bad with decisions.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Chris Christie posted:

Well there's no going back now. Dropped another $91 on some cheap games on Amazon.

Sunset Overdrive
Halo 5
Gears of War Ultimate Edition
Dead Rising
Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition
Pacman Championship Edition 2

Put Halo Collection, Ezio Collection, Gears of War 4, Dead Rising 4, Rare Replay, and Minecraft Super Plus Pack & Lego Worlds (for the kid) in my wish list to wait for them to get cheap. I don't pay more than $19.99 for games. Unless it's Dark Souls or Sniper Elite at launch.

Can't wait to play some games on my XBOX One X and also conceal this frivolous waste of $600+ with taxes from the Mrs.

Make sure to spring for the gold plated HDMI cables!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

So my Xbox is connected to Live, I'm in a party, but games won't connect to their servers. I checked my Gold subscription and it's good through November. I've tried hard resetting Xbox.

I've tried Titanfall 2 and Rocket League, both launch but won't connect to the service. I've tested my network connection in the settings menu and everything comes up good.

Hell, I checked my email for emails from Microsoft in case there was treachery involved. Anyone have a clue?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

It's Live. Happening to my buddies as well.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

It doesn't go down as much as PSN but at this point in my life I get like 5 hours of a week to play games with my Xbros.

I just wanted to play Rocket League before the warden came home, I guess that was too much to ask.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Got myself a Scorpio off the Amazon preorder. Going to be taking like $75 out of my paychecks until November.

4k Tv by February during the Superbowl sales.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Ether Frenzy posted:

A friend of mine gave me a copy of Destiny for the PS4 because I bought a car from him and he wanted to play with me. I may have installed it but I never tried it, was it any good???

to make this Xbox thread worthy, I also bought the newest version of Hitman on Xbone + the season pass and never turned it on!

Play that loving Hitman game. It is so drat good.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

It seriously is. It's up there with Doom on my list of best current gen games. I wish they'd make an AssCreed in Hitman's mold.

I went all in last fall and bought the season. I think I played the first two levels (not including training) before the holidays got busy and I forgot about. That and I was knee deep in dope games last winter.

I booted it up last month and finished it off. My girlfriend ended up liking the game a ton. She'd sit there and play backseat hitman and we'd figure out the "puzzles" together.

Really love the tone of those games. I've heard the mobile game is good, it's the only one I have not played.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They don't look nice on your shelf.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Digital games tend to be 40% off around two months after release. Hell, I got Titanfall 2 for $30 two weeks after release. I want less stuff in my apartment.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Because I buy it on sale and don't have a hideous green piece of plastic gathering dust?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Oh I know, I'm not trying to say that all digital games are discounted right after release. But for games like RE7 I knew that I could wait 3 months and get it for 50% off.

There are weekly sales for digital games, so if you just wait a few weeks odds are you won't be paying $60.

Different strokes for different folks and all.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Auron posted:

Also streaming movies is garbage if you have even a somewhat decent home theater setup. Lossless audio on blu-rays is why I will generally always choose to rent/buy physical over streaming; especially with 4K/HDR.

The thing that fucks me up is the audio. They always send the audio to be a lovely mix where the vocals are muted and washed out while the action and music are louder than hell.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

If your dad is like my dad he goes to bed at 9pm and you're left at your parents' place with gently caress all to do but drink their booze.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

The only thing my dad thought was cool about modern games was that the cops' hats fell off when you shot them in GTA4

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Sorry you chumps will never be able to play the order 1886.

I was wracking my brain for the scary games I own and I remembered that I bought this for $5 but never actually played this.

Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Fine, October themed games? Spirit of the season?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

Oh hey, Child of Eden is BC, that's fun.

As stupid as it sounds I found myself wishing the Crysis port for 360 would go BC. I want to stomp around an island as Predator again.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

So would we see an increase in framerate for games on the X even without a "pro patch?"

Or not, because the software is tied to the hardware of the Xbox One.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Okay, that is good enough for me. I bought JC3 and sold it after about 20 hours because that framerate was atrocious.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

If you haven't played Fru and have a Kinect you really should.

Shining example of what could have been.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Syrinxx posted:

Tales from the Borderlands is a good get, the rest of that is trash

Trackmania Turbo is fun for a week or so! I never regretted the money I spent on it. It even has a fun co-op mode where you both steer the car and it averages the inputs.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I just want to know when they are going to take $500 out of my account. It falls between paychecks and I need to know if I have to move some money.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Eh I just cancelled my One X off amazon. I'll just stroll into Gamestop on the second week of November and trade my One in right then and there.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Zelder posted:

Wait what happened

Big conference where they showed off a Spider Man game with no release date, God of War, Last of US 2 (3?), some samurai game, and dlc for HZD.

Typical Sony stuff of dangling games in front of you for years before ever making good on their promise or cancelling them.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I have a PS4 and the only game that interests me is Spider Man but I’m not hype train about it.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I'm going to get an X this weekend or next and plan on a 4k around Superbowl.

Girlfriend would kill me if I spent over a grand on myself before Christmas.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

wernox posted:

My PS4's are mostly just vue front ends because Horizon mocks me with its difficulty :cry:

The game was loving my poo poo up as well, for the first 10 hours or so. Then I learned these tips:

Abuse the poo poo out of stealth (get the upgrades for it)

Don't be afraid to run away.

Get the slow-mo upgrades.

Set traps. Seriously, the tripwires are god drat game changers.

It may seem like the combat is shallow but it is not. Set traps, abuse stealth, spam them with slow-mo (along with the notching two arrows), and roll roll roll.

The game became immensely more enjoyable after that.

Aphrodite posted:

The entire Switch library can be beaten in 3 hours.

Which is good because that means you'll only need to charge it twice.

Switch loving owns, nice try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

Whys everyone so down on Destiny 2 in here? I didn't play it all the way to the max level but from what I did play it seemed much better put together than the first game.

Pretty much my assessment as well. Remarkable quality of life improvements, almost any action earns you loot in some form, still solid gunplay.

But I'm not the kind of person to grind the poo poo out of it. I like that the game is much more suited to my play style of "I have 70 minutes before the lady friend gets home, lemme run some public events and knock out a challenge."