Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Atomizer posted:

Oh hey, I remembered that I wanted to ask you guys about a theory I have, regarding MS's asinine Xbox naming. I've assumed that they went with "Xbox 360" instead of "Xbox 2," "Xbox One" instead of Xbox 3," and so on, so they wouldn't have to compete with Sony and have the appearance of being a generation behind, e.g. the "Xbox 2" vs. the PS3, "Xbox 3" vs. PS4, etc. Am I on to something here?

The Playstation is the only console series to follow that naming scheme. Why does Microsoft have to copy it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Wow that Scorn video sure showed a penis jizzing, huh?

Only on Xbox

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Ok Comboomer posted:

Why do all of these sci-fi pew pew Halo-alike games look exactly the same?

Like, it would be one thing if these were from no-name Eastern European shovelware developers, trying to capitalize on established IP, but these all seem to be coming from AAA people with important LinkedIn friends and poo poo.

Well, it is a game from the the art director of Halo.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

American McGay posted:

The word gameplay has lost all meaning.

I think that demo qualifies as actual gameplay. I real person was moving that character around and interacting with the environment. Up until they started flying, then it was a cinematic rendered in-game.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Akuma posted:

You're not alone. I was intensely disappointed; firstly in myself, then in the game, then in every fucker in the literal street fellating it at every opportunity. I understand how some people can overlook the large deficiencies in that game but I only wish I could.

People like different kind of games than you do, but sure call it 'literal street fellating' lol

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

get out of here

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

yay it'll be on PC too! can't wait to poop my pants and refuse to play at night

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

So it's a Games as Service title.

Like Destiny

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Crafty posted:

I googled it and couldn’t find anything, what happened with low tax

Mangosteen

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

So when is Forza Horizons: Middle Earth? I wanna race some Eagles.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

this is like those raytracing comparisons, whats the difference?

e: or is it actually a raytracing comparison lol

it took me awhile but the shadows on the roofs are much more accurate on the left lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Thom12255 posted:

I wonder how 343i is looking at the reception to CP2077 on last-gen hardware. Infinite is either going to hit last-gen with that same gibbed performance or next-gen is going to be hugely held back. The last option wouldn't be a huge deal as this game was meant to come out ages ago but I hope they're not serious about making this game last 10 years lol.

Halo Infinite was designed and specced for consoles first and foremost, especially the Xbox One, unlike CP2077 who targeted 2020 PCs so I doubt they will have the same issues they're having.