Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

So Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix is supposed to backwards compatible now, right? Problem is I can't find it in my games library. Has anybody tried to download it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Well I solved my Puzzle Fighter problem, and as far as I can tell there's some sort of region fuckery going on. It doesn't come up on a search on the Finnish Microsoft Store, but it does have a product page I can get redirected to from the US store. However, I can't actually install it from the Finnish store page, it just says I have no compatible devices. I can install it from the US store page just fine. I've never seen anything like this before with any of my other games.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I have no idea how Torchlight has aged since I haven't played it since release but at the time it was a great game that stood out because it was pretty much the only game in its genre that was structured like Diablo 1, not Diablo 2

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Barudak posted:

Play Panzer Dragoon Orta you fucks

I got an OG Xbox in like 2012 to play it because the European version 360 backwards compatibility is broken

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Oyster posted:

What are AC games?

Assassin's Creed

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Barudak posted:

Panzer Dragoon Saga is on the Bone and is flat superior in every way to Crimson Dragon.

Panzer Dragoon Orta, Saga is the jrpg.

But yeah Orta loving owns and is imo one of the best examples of why backwards compatibility is so cool, because otherwise that game would be lost on the OG Xbox (which I specifically got so I could play Orta in like ~2012)

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

If you install the Full Combat Rebalance mod on the PC version of Witcher 2, which you most definitely should do because it makes it way better, the tutorial can't be completed anymore because it asks you to do a thing that doesn't exist anymore

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

This is goldeneye when you only screen spy on your friend and never look at your own square

There's a 2014 game called Screencheat that's built around this concept

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Seedge posted:

Is Scorn actually a game? I remember hearing about that literally years ago.

Oh wow it was apparently announced in December 2014 and has been in production since early 2015

I don't remember ever hearing about it but the fake Giger dick aesthetic seemed cool

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Barudak posted:

This isnt even Sega's worst hardware launch

Yeah where's the competing product from Sega of America

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Sweet I haven't bought DQXI yet because I kinda didn't want the original version when a better one exists on a console I don't have, so this worked out perfectly

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

punished milkman posted:

make a new conkers bad fur day you cowards

Viva Piñata 3, actually

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Stalker 2, the 4th Stalker game

That's really cool

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Euphoriaphone posted:

343 is digging themselves further into their incomprehensible continuity. Infinite isn’t going to be RE7, it’s going to be RE6.

RE6 used to be Capcom's best selling game ever before MHW came out

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Ryoga posted:

I was excited at getting a sweet HD contra game, and then I remembered this is a nu Konami title which personifies a game made entirely out of microtransactions.

It's made by the Guilty Gear people (Arc System Works), Konami is just the publisher. The only dlc is three new playable characters. It's a good game

I couldn't beat the last boss because I'm bad at Contra

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

For backwards compatible JRPGs, there's also From Software's Enchanted Arms. It's a... thing

e: I truly hope there are Dark Souls fans who have bought it expecting something similar

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

John F Bennett posted:

Having never played any of these, which ones are recommended to spend the next 12 days on?

hotline miami Hotline Miami HOTLINE MIAMI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Outer Wilds is only on console Gamepass if you somehow haven't played it yet

If you have nostalgia for old sports games then NHL 94 Rewind is also console only, you can't buy it separately on any platform afaik so console gamepass is the only way to play it without buying the latest NHL game