Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

fishmech posted:

How generous of them, to bring the game up to 60% of the content it was supposed to have at release.

:rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Mung Dynasty posted:

I have a code for PUBG that came with my One X. I don't really care about PUBG.

Do any cool goons wanna trade for a gift copy of something cheaper in return? I'd be interested in something like Ori, Quantum Break, either of the Turoks, Diablo III Necromancer Pack, or maybe Subnautica.

Ori for PUBG?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Bonnie's missions are the worst, though... no amount of auto aim fixes that garbage.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

The only thing good about GTAO is getting high and riding around on busses driven by your also high friends.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Tbh they’re probably using those candles

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Barudak posted:

The PSP Go had no subscription system and was the third revision to a handheld that was already on its way out.

But at least it wasnt Vita TV which wasnt compatible with all vita titles

PSPgo is incompatible with a lot of PSP titles unless you get into :filez: which also the case with PSTV. Try playing Crisis Core on your Go without jailbreaking it.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

punk rebel ecks posted:

Where'd they get 500 million from? Did they include handhelds?

Including PS4, PS3, PS2, PSX, and PSP gets them to 506, 82 of which is PSP so I guess so.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Oh boy these are bad deals

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Shenmue is good regardless of the year. If Criterion had a video game publication arm, it’d be spine #1

E: I can see the wheels turning now... “What the gently caress would be Criterion Games #1?”

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Aug 25, 2018

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

This 8TB drive is paying dividends

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Real hurthling! posted:

There were like 7 threads in a series and the last ones in byob. Check the OP for links to old threads

You should check the OP there’s nothing there so...

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

You guys missing out by sleeping on Control

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

twistedmentat posted:

I heard Control is like a SCP game with a budget?

I guess if your cultural touchstones are internet limited then they would make sense... to me, Control feels like the mixture of Quantum Break’s powers and gun play, Portal 2’s second act aesthetics, Alan Wake’s multimedia storytelling, and The Lost Room mini series’ sci fi ideas.

If you like those things, then you will probably dig Control... for me it is very much my thing.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Finster Dexter posted:

How have I never watched the The Lost Room... I gotta get a hold of this.

Probably because you - like me - assumes that anything coming out of Sci Fi Channel was hot garbage. This seems to be the exception.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I 100% guarantee you that the Elder Scrolls VI on the Xbox SeX is gonna be 30fps

Lol there’s no way it’ll hit a consistent 30fps

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Al-Saqr posted:

LOL Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis is actually coming out to switch.

Literally the only two games that were interesting in the Xbox games thing were Balan Wonderland and PSO2:New Genesis and they're both coming out to a system I already have lol.

However, on the english website it's listed for only Xbox/PC, so the question is, is it exclusive for North America microsoft only?

Likely yes... the current PSO2 is out for many systems in Japan but the only way to play it officially in English in the US is on Xbox.

I actually want though the steps to set up the various accounts to play the Switch version here but because of its streaming design, it’s impossible to play here.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Al-Saqr posted:

Like, did Halo 4 and 5 make that big of an impact that they think that making Halo Infinite was necessary?

Imagine if, after SMB3, Miyamoto left the company to go play with beetles or whatever it is he likes to do with his spare time and Nintendo had some random team they cobbled together develop Mario games for the last 30 years.

That’s Microsoft and Halo.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Real hurthling! posted:

They scooped up all the half finished dreamcast game pipelines for a big splash yeah

I was about to say, it was more just good luck for Xbox that the Dreamcast died and they could scoop up its orphans

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

You console is haunted by the ghost of EA Access

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Libertarians are Steam gamers because all they want is access to games before they're fully developed

I think you’re confusing libertarians with pedophiles

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Fly Ricky posted:

Looking forward to being disappointed after finally playing Psychonauts.

Do you like N64 platformers? Because it’s like an elevated one of those.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

TheScott2K posted:

Can't believe I've spent 15 years thinking Psychonauts looks like poo poo and plays like a game 5 years older than it is.

It definitely has the Deus Ex disease where things about the game that sucked at the time get a pass now because it's old.

It’s clunky and it comes from an era where controls hadn’t really been standardized and - from what I remember is really - clearly a first attempt at a platformer.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Real hurthling! posted:

4000 p's inside

4K ≠ 4000p

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Todd "Not a Liar" Howard

Lest we forget...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFcLyDb6niA

RIP Crowbcat

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Twerk from Home posted:

Sega did it already:

Here’s the switch port...

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Apparently this product won't ship to my country, which is America? Thanks microsoft.com I didn't really want one anyway

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

This isn’t happening

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Storm One posted:

Would make more sense to buy CDPR.

Then they would own GoG and that would be weird

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Microsoft should buy Ys Net and make Yu Suzuki give us Shenmue games every year like Assassins Creed.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Has there been any mention of Flight Sim on Series X? Because that would make me happy.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Just a reminder that the guy who said something this dumb “lives like a Saudi prince”

https://www.businessinsider.com/don-mattrick-zynga-ceo-2013-7

Enjoy the rest of your day.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Laserface posted:

always on internet? what a completely absurd suggestion to me, the consumer

*goes and plays an MMO for 26hrs straight*

*neighbor cuts your cable line*

Guess I’m not playing my Xbox for *checks watch* the next five-to-ten business days...

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

ethanol posted:

i take my console traveling sometimes and dont have internet connection so its nice to not have to do any check ins.

I have just learned that your 2013 phone which is guaranteed to include a WiFi hotspot should make this a non-issue.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

ethanol posted:

yeah idk if ur being sarcastic but i said like 20 minutes ago att has blocked that on my plan

Im joking... also I’m an imbecile.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

sudo rm -rf posted:

would you support legislation that forced digital platforms to provide used markets for your digital games or at least the ability to sell your license to someone else

Wouldn’t it be cool if I could just give it to a friend who wants to play it when I’m done?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

uvar posted:

Climate refugee console comparison:
  • PS5: large, heavy, awkward shape, fragile protuberances, hard to disguise when the raiders come, controllers with low battery cycle counts will be pricier to barter for
  • Xbox: compact, rectangular shape, easy to pack, Series S is light, xCloud lets you play on the go and in tent cities, Gamepass means less need for discs and more room for water

This is the info I needed, thanks

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Thanks people. I wasn't able to afford an Xbox at launch in 2013, so i got it a few months later in February 2014. What's the level of excitement like surrounding these new consoles compared with 2013?

IIRC the joke was that Xbone never sold out on Amazon and you could get Day 1 editions forever so... higher now I guess?

Blame Mattrick for that one.

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Sep 23, 2020

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

It just dawned on me why Xbox is now, more than ever, the most American console ever created...

+

=

Someone check my math but I’m fairly confident this tracks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Pirate Jet posted:

Guys I’m confused. Why is there another Xbox coming out? I thought the Xbox One could connect to the cloud for technically infinite processing power.

You couldn’t handle the future Donny envisioned