Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I still prefer xboxox

And I'm glad this thing sold out when I was out of country this weekend because I might have been tempted to pre-order even though I have a new PC with every good xbox game on it already.

Still hoping it does well because I am a tech whore and want consoles to keep up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

xboxox would not exist if they didn't care about specs. That's all it's good for. But yeah it isn't good enough.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

TjyvTompa posted:

I have pre-ordered the Xbox One X and am looking forward to playing games on it. I have a surround system at home and PC really sucks for this, the xbox I just connect the cable and my receiver goes into DTS mode automatically, amazing.

All you do is just select the correct speakers in windows? I had no problem with dolby atmos surround on mine.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

The ds4 is the biggest controller this gen

Not really, it might be longer and the best dualshock yet (low bar) but it's not built for big hands. My elite works way better for me.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ugh I randomly checked and it was in stock... why... WHY

Sold out again by the time I finished.

Also wtf is up with this 1TB garbage? Does it use the same HDD as the PS4?

Guillermus posted:

For big hands you can buy the Nacon revolution wich is even bigger than the DS4 and has the xbox layout (and still cheaper than the elite). Razer has a big one too for PS4.

No cordless=no bueno. Thumbstick extenders helped.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 31, 2017

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Exactly. With Trump threatening to dump NAFTA again, it's the responsible thing to do to spend all my money as quickly as possible.

A two bedroom condo costs $700,000+ in my city, so this is actually a real good deal.

And other such rationalizations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

limaCAT posted:

Buy the giant prop Xbox One they used for the Dead Rising promotion.

That was actually right by my place. Somehow that brilliant marketing campaign didn't work on me despite buying an og xbox and 360 at launch. Mostly because none of the tv/spworts stuff ever worked outside of the US and A.

https://twitter.com/XboxCanada/status/395610160208433152

The famous Nintendo Switch rooftop party was no more than a few blocks away too.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Looking at games coming out this fall/winter, choosing November 7 for xboxox release seems pretty dumb. The only "big" game left that I'm even a bit interested in after that date is Battlefront 2, and that's only if they fix a lot of things from 1.

For current Bone owners it makes no difference but for those of us who want to be lured back from Sony it means waiting a while to play all the big holiday releases. They really should have made it available by September at latest.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

exquisite tea posted:

High-end commercial PC hardware right now can maintain 30fps for the most graphically demanding games at max settings without some serious sleight of hand or downsampling to 1440p.

Maybe a year ago but there's virtually no PC game that I can't do 4k/at least close to ultra/60+fps with a 1080ti/i7700k.

I'm really struggling for reasons to keep my pre-order, beyond "I want to try it out because I used to love Xbox."

Seeing that the few true wireless headsets are ugly af and $300+ Cdn may be the final straw.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Cojawfee posted:

If you have a gaming PC, and you don't care about playing games in your living room, cancel your preorder. As much as I love the concept Microsoft is going for with xbox, I can't in good conscience buy an xbonx. Every game on the xbonx will either be available in the windows store on PC and be crossplay, or it's a multi-platform and will be on steam or origin or whatever. There's no reason to buy an xbonx unless you have nothing to play games on already and you don't want a playstation.

My main problem is I can't play kb/m due to hand pain issues and get absolutely wrecked on PC with a controller. Like my fav game on PS4 was RS Siege and I am just hopeless on PC. Plus of course people want to kick you if they even notice you're using a controller.

But then Ybarra just said kb/m support is coming to xbox. They keep shooting themselves in the foot with stuff like this and Play Anywhere.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The only thing more sad than the decline of xbox is the state of VR.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

exquisite tea posted:

At which point you have to ask yourself, why am I even thinking about buying a Bonx.

I am asking myself that. Repeatedly.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

A Roccat Sova keyboard solved most of my living room PC problems but that's another ~$200 US to the equation and you still have to deal with windows on any non-steam games.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Anyway, Destiny 2 is pretty good and I don't even care how suboptimal the experience is because I was raised on Commodore 64 and never developed a D/s relationship with Digital Foundry. Mrs. Rainbowbeard thought the lighting is very pretty and I agree.

Heh, I grew up on the c64 too and now I can only play at true 4k/60. The c64 was a beast in its time so that makes more sense.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Adaptabullshit posted:

Skip out on the avocado sandwich and mocha latte and invest in ramen noodles and you'll get there.

Or just find a partner and don't have kids. Vidya game machines are my children.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm gonna get an Xboxox and let it fight to the death with the ps4 pro and pc to see who wins. (it'll be pc probably)

My Switch was already returned.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Non-scorpio xboxoxes are now available for preorder. They're nicer looking than the Scorpio edition imo.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The Scorpio edition gets a free stand for vertical use but that's the only benefit. The green font (especially on the controller) is so ugly that I switched to regular xboxox.

The lack of good headset options is still bothering me though. Seems like Turtle Beach 800x is the best but they are obscenely expensive, and it's Turtle Beach.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The Duke was the main reason I chose Xbox over PS2 back in 2001.

Although I also chose the Sega Saturn over the PS1 due to the superior controller...

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

EB Games just put the TB Elite 800x headset on sale for $100 off so I bought it... One more terrifying step towards committing to owning an xboxox​.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I tried the TB 800x headset on my PC as I wait for the xboxox and all I can say is it better be a nicer experience on xbox with "true lol" 7.1. Could only get stereo through the controller despite saying it has bluetooth PC support and while the bass was beefy it wasn't any better than my Logitech G533s overall, which are usually $200 Cdn cheaper.

Was also designed for a baby's ears/head as it barely fit at maximum size. And my ears at least aren't very big - never had an ear size issue with anything else.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

hanyolo posted:

I find it funny being on the upside down side of the world (Australia) where the situation is the opposite. We used to have strict on-peak and off-peak quotas as well as a "freezone" (some ISPs would offer steam / xbox / apple downloads quota free). and now we can get an unlimited service from whatever provider you want wherever you are and it will be 25Mbit guaranteed (from 2020 onwards).

Australia has this weird policy of trying to fix problems in good faith and actually resolving issues. North America is not familiar with this concept.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm having a new dilemma with my xboxox pre-order in that every fall game that I was interested in seems to be a disappointment and I may not have anything to play on it. Don't have a Bone currently.

SW Battlefront beta is bunk, AC Origins looks like a janky mess with Bloodborne wannabe combat, I can't do Destiny at 30fps anymore and it sounds like Bungie hosed up everything I enjoyed anyway, so it's really just down to Wolfenstein 2 at this point. And I guess South Park... can't wait to see Cartman in FOUUUUUUUUR K

At some point PC players are gonna realize I'm owning them in RS Siege with a controller and I'm gonna have to move on.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I have bought/played every game I want to play so Games with Gold isn't very useful to me. I'm getting an X for new stuff that pushes the graphical limits.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

veni veni veni posted:

Why do you buy so much poo poo you don't even know you want? Didn't this same thing happen with PSVR?

I sold my psvr because it was underwhelming garbage like all VR. I bought it because I was impressed by a London Heist mall demo and didn't realize that 5 minute demo would be the typical length of VR shovelware.

I buy things that I'm interested in because I can and want to. Goons continue to be baffled by the concept of full time employment I see.

Despite that I'm waffling on the X for reasons already posted. And I probably shouldn't buy it, you're all right. That's why I'm talking about maybe not buying it on the thread dedicated to discussing it.

One of the things holding me back is that there's no RDR2 on PC, which is one if my fav franchisees, and that living room PC gaming is more cumbersome and bug filled than I was hoping at this stage.

I could play RDR on PS4, but I'm kinda spoiled by 4k gaming at this point, and would prefer to do it on the X if it actually does get the performance boosts it should.

And of course as I mentioned before I've always had a soft spot for Xbox. I want them to succeed, and I want to try the X. If it sucks I can always sell it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The xboxox finally sold out to Amazon Prime members today, that took a while.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Shaw is uncapped in western Canada and I get 175Mbps down on cable. The bigger problem is price.

Also I'm getting a little excited about the X. Uh oh

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Another example of why I'm buying an X despite having a good PC: at the end of a gruelling 20 minute rapid QTE nightmare boss battle in Shadow of War, the game minimized to tell me I had a fuckin driver update to install. While I was scrambling to get the keyboard (living room set up) I was killed, with the game still not showing anything but sound. My hands are killing me from doing that poo poo over again.

True 4K/60fps is amazing but gently caress PC gaming.

Otherwise, Shadow of War is pretty cool despite that lovely end boss battle (not technically end boss, but probably should be, from what I've heard). I liked it a lot more than the last one.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

exquisite tea posted:

$500 or disable automatic updates. Decisions decisions.

I have disabled auto updates. The notifications still kill the game.

It also regularly loses connection to my controller and flickers about five times before reconnecting (xbox elite).

And worst of all I can't sell Shadow of War on PC now that there's no fuckin way I'm doing Act 4.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I installed an nvidia video card. Fuckin shitware am i rite

p.s. stop being defensive about the lovely pc gaming experience. It's unnecessarily lovely, minus the graphics.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Auron posted:

I don't think you should be using a computer. Go ahead and buy an Xbox One.

gently caress off, I have no problem using computers, I just don't like how often I'm dealing with things that shouldn't happen. That's not on me, and if you were honest with yourself you'd admit how much you have to baby your poo poo to make it work properly. It's better than it was a decade ago, but it's enough to be annoying when you value time more than anything.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Anyone who has an issue while playing on pc is soooooooo dumb!!! I am very smart and therefore stop technical issues from happening in advance somehow!!

Also Sony kinda dunked on xbox today eh

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Balthesar posted:

I have a PS4 but am getting a BoneX to make the 4K jump. I think Microsoft is really getting its rear end kicked by exclusives, particularly timed exclusives for Destiny and the one month advance on maps for Call of Duty. They have next to no exclusives while Sony continues to fund all kinds. BoneX can’t even really do 4K60fps for most games. Sony just has to wait 12-18 months and release a true 4K PS5 and it will eat Microsoft’s lunch.

I was planning on selling my ps4 pro after I get the X since it's been collecting dust but Sony sure knows how to reel me back in.

And yeah the X is toast if the ps5 comes out soon.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

spasticColon posted:

I'll just wait for the PS5 then. I want a console or gaming PC that can run games at 4K60 without having to break the bank but that's probably at least three years away. I would get a GTX1080Ti but that's a $700+ video card and my six year old CPU would bottleneck it.

Even with an i7-7700k and 1080ti I can't quite hit 4k/60fps/ultra on AC Origins.

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'm waiting for the PS6 because I refuse to buy "The Last of Us" on 4 straight sony consoles so if I skip the PS5 it'll be 3/4

That made me realize that, rather than keeping my PS4 Pro along with the X, I could just sell my PS4 and play all the 4k60 remakes of TLOU2/God of War etc on the PS5.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Wow a maple syrup and bacon joke, really cutting edge stuff there.

I'd guess about $150 and be thankful anyone wants it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

89 posted:

As a 65" KS8000 owner + about 6TBs of space to spare, I am pumped about my Xbox One X coming in the mail. I just got done watching half a hour of XboneX impressions and graphic comparisons and as someone who's already equipped with the equipment to take advantage of the system, I dunno why anybody would be all :eh: about the system. Seems Microsoft is doing a great job with it. (I have a PS4 Pro as well, there's no console war bs).

Also, Skate 3 & Mirror's Edge X360 just got Xbox One X enhanced. Super cool they are going back and releasing 4K patches for 360 games.

Most people here don't have 4k TVs and some are even hostile towards those who do.

Some people still think this is a shark tank thread.

Others are just embarrassed to admit they are excited for anything xbox because the brand got shat on so hard during the bone launch (deservedly).

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

89 posted:

Well, in the present tense:

- 4K, HDR is awesome
- Microsoft has realized the mistakes theyve made in the past and are going over and beyond with the launch of the Xbox One X in giving consumers what they want. Then doing a great deal in customer service in updating old Xbox 360 games and even recently having some limited original Xbox BC.
- The original Xbox One launch was...5 years ago?
- Everything runs best on Xbox One now. Even poo poo that isnt supported or patched yet. Xbone games with uncapped FPS or dynamic resolution is seeing drastic graphical improvements without patches, being able to tap into some of the Xbox One Xs powerzzz
- My PS4 is only used for the awesome PS exclusives
- Suck it, broke nerds.

No argument here, especially the last point.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Forza Horizon 3 is legitimately great IMO, even as someone who's usually not a racing game fan. But yeah it's gonna take years for them to unfuck the lack of focus on exclusives.

Auron posted:

Man cod ww2 looks like garbage on my S, even with HDR.

Even the single player? The multiplayer demo looked like rear end on a high end PC too.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 4, 2017

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

YouTube isn't a very good way to compare detail, even in 4k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

A developer made a bad patch. Same thing happened with TLOU on ps4 pro.