Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

HyperPuma posted:

so what games are everyone playing on their xbonx

I'm gonna be playing Wolfenstein 2 in glorious "dynamic resolution."

Also bought Halo 5 because I'm a big dumb idiot and it was super cheap ($19 cdn). More for nostalgia than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Amazon didn't deliver til 8:15pm and they gave me a project Scorpio edition instead of the regular one which I preferred, but thankfully the green text is much more understated than it looked online. Can barely see it at all from the couch.

Now I get to update/install poo poo and go to bed since I have to get up at 5am, yay!

Edit: oh and they delivered my two games with a separate courier from the same in-house courier literally two minutes later. Great logistics there.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 8, 2017

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

First impressions on X.

-System looks great on the outside, and love the controller. Reminded me how lovely dualshocks were all over again.
-UI is pretty trash, unnecessarily cluttered filled with things I'll never use. But at least it's easily ignorable and it's easy to reach the last game you played.
-I have 15 games to install, maybe it'll be done when I wake up. Have 175Mbps down but only getting 20 down on xbox wifi.
-External hard drive is a must.
-Cool to see all my 360 and PC digital games just sitting there in my library automatically.
-Bought EA Access already, great service that Sony is dumb for passing on.
-Can't comment on games due to the aforementioned inability to play. Thanks Amazon!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Getting 85-95 Mbps down on wifi now that everyone in North America has gone to bed. That's pretty great.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I agree the xbonx is very good
Tried a few minutes of Gears of War 4 before work and, besides being not quite as silky frame rate-wise, it was on par with my beast PC. It's nice to be a console peasant again, Xbox specifically.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Downloading so many games is taking forever though... Didn't finish overnight and I'm not confident it will be done when I get home at 4.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

If I could still rent movies I'd use the poo poo out of the drive, but Blockbuster owned my town before its death, and Redbox Canada went under.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I bought Siege again because it is my fav fps and goddamn does it look like poo poo on Xbox, but at least it runs at 60fps.

The thing that blew me away though was the surround sound, way better than ps4 and PC. I guess that Atmos poo poo really worked.

Edit: typo

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Nov 9, 2017

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Battlefront 2 (EA access trial) looks and runs fantastically on X. I hated that game in the PC beta but now I'm gonna buy it. No wonder the PC servers empty out so fast.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

Can you preorder loot boxes for extra value?

Another cutting edge joke. You're a real asset to these forums.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I need some x-friends so I can see how these achievement contest things work. Plz add me. GT: dr fatsaq

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Thx, new friend.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Halo 5 on the X looks like a brand new AAA game, too bad the combat sucks balls. I wanna play the combat in the cut scenes.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Should be noted that the X visuals in person are more impressive than 4k youtubes.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Destiny 2 patch confirmed to be true 4k on X, "adaptive" 4k on Pro. Still worse than Destiny 1 and 30fps unfortunately.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46467

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Syrinxx posted:

Making a game that's better than Destiny 1 is literally impossible not to do.

Destiny 2 is just Destiny 1 with less content or reason to play. It is impossible for it to be better. Maybe after all the DLCs it will be on par with 1.

And being 30fps must be due to their garbage engine because every other console fps can manage 60fps.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I fuckin love the xbonx dudes, I didn't really expect to enjoy it this much. Xbox live is still better than PSN and Wolfenstein/Battlefront look incredible, with no fuckin technical issues.

And the controller is the best by a mile of course.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Wolfenstein 2 is confirmed mostly true 4k/60fps on X. Sure looks like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LaSOJ4aeNY

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Zat posted:

Well it didn't exactly say "mostly", the video said the resolution fluctuates pretty wildly but still always stays well above the PS4 Pro's max resolution of 1440p (Bonx's minimum is 2944 x 1656). That's not bad at all.

It fluctuates during demanding scenes but is otherwise 4k.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

Cup head, killer instinct are good
sunset overdrive/dead rising 3/halo/gears/ryse are all iffy but playable if you're bored i guess.

Do you have an xbox?

edit: this is is me opening mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SPWTWQca1Q&t=63s

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 13, 2017

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

For some reason my RS Siege ping is twice as good on xbox than it is on ps4/pc, like consistently between 25-35. I am fuckin massacring xboners after playing on PC with a controller like an idiot.

I'd normally credit that to being low level but the xbox version is way less populated so I'm up against level 100s while I'm single digits.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

TheScott2K posted:

People seem to like the new one, but I get the feeling AC having skipped a year is helping its reception. Still looks like an Assassin's Creed-rear end Assassin's Creed game.

Nah it really is a much better game with all sorts of new ideas/systems. It's more in line with Witcher 3/Horizon/Zelda style games than previous ACs.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

TheScott2K posted:

I am impressed they found a way to get the drone from Watch Underscore Dogs 2 and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands into an Assassin's Creed game somehow.

I thought that was going to be stupid too but it's mostly inoffensive, you usually use it for about two seconds and done. No long area-wide scans like the other two games you mentioned, unless you want to.

Would prefer if they just didn't require it though.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I tried an Amazon Prime tv show (Man in the High Castle) and it looked worse than 90s online video on my 175Mbps down connection. Completely useless streaming.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

ethanol posted:

Check your router or isp

For what? Everything else is fast, can play 4k youtubes no problem on Chromecast etc.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Guillermus posted:

Port forwarding is still a thing you can do to improve Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

xbox live is fine, Amazon streaming isn't.

Also wtf is port forwarding lol i'm a console gamer

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

XtraSmiley posted:

What does this mean?

It means scrapping all their dumb pre-launch ideas to attempt to placate the angry masses.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Chris Christie posted:

I'm happy with my Xbox One X.

Been replaying GTA V. I do think GTA V looks better on my PC gaming setup (1440p G-Sync monitor & GTX 1080 GPU). I guess frame rates are a little more important for me personally than the extra resolution.

HOWEVER, the X paired with a 4K HDR TV is close enough. I am thoroughly enjoying replaying this game sitting back in my recliner. It looks pretty drat good.

No regerts.

I'm happy too. Everything (minus the aforementioned Amazon streaming) just works, and it looks fantastic. Just waiting to make sure enhanced games continue at this quality past launch before I sell my ps4 pro/gaming pc.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just had the most clutch Siege moment of my life and tried to capture the video for the first time, but it only recorded the last 30 seconds because it was set to 4k, and then it had to reduce it to 1080p to upload it. For a 900p game. Pretty dumb.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I bought Ryse Legendary Edition for $9 Cdn (i.e. less than parking near my work) out of curiousity and still regret it lol. Still has Kinect commanded arrow volleys and colour-coordinated QTEs, which are great fun for a former PS4 player who has blacked-out Scorpio edition controller buttons.

The game itself looks like poo poo too, besides the cutscenes, which I guess was its only redeeming factor at launch.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just tried to finish up AC Origins on PC since it was my last PC game before getting the X, and I can't because Uplay logged me out and isn't recognizing Google Authenticator codes, and Ubisoft support is offline for days thanks to American thanksgiving (wtf, I'm not American and neither is Ubisoft). gently caress PC gaming, almost worth rebuying Origins on X.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

They switched up the formula and it's still open world, so I guess not? It's by far the best AC game IMO and would be goty contender if it had been made by a more popular dev than ubi.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ether Frenzy posted:

I don't think Ubi's popularity is why people badmouth them, I think it's because they have one game and they shovel out 11 versions of it a year every year.

Well yeah, that's what led to their bad rep. AC Origins is a great game and if it was made by Nintendo it'd be goty.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just finished Wolfenstein 2. Can't say I liked it as much as The New Order, something just felt "off" and it wasn't as fun/engaging. Looks great on X though.

And whoever chose the end credit music should be immediately fired, Jesus Christ.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Blind Rasputin posted:

What are some good must-haves to get in this Xbox Black Friday sale that are near the $15 price point?

I would definitely recomment Forza H3 to people, even non-racing fans. It's fun and not nearly as bland as the "motorsport" games.

If you like shlocky sci fi, Quantum Break is probably around $15 US. I've only played the first bit but it seems interesting/corny.

Halo 5 or Gears 4 if you like brainless shooters.

I didn't like FF15 (or any Final Fantasy games) but a lot of people do and it's in the $15 range now too.

Same with Dishonored 2 and its expansion.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I love mine but playing anything but enhanced games looks awful, yeah.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Zat posted:

Sure but on the other hand they all run well now, unlike on the old Bone. It feels pretty great to see Bone games not run like dogshit.

Also, games using a dynamic resolution look pretty good because they usually end up being a nice permanent 1080p on the X.

Right but I never had an original bone because it was underpowered.

Only non-enhanced game I play is Siege, which is strangely more enjoyable than other platforms because I get a super low ping for some reason.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I’ve been sitting on my Scorpio Edition a couple weeks with Gears of War 4 with the other 3 included I got for $15 and rear end Creed Origins from Black Friday, all still unopened and returnable.

I haven’t had an XBox since the original, missed the entire Gears series and the last Halo I played was 2. Are the exclusives like those two series and Sunset Overdrive good enough to justify keeping this, or is it redundant with a PC and old fat PS4 I already have. The PC is a laptop with a 960 which is ok, but I was debating whether to upgrade to a better desktop or stick with the X for all the exclusives I missed over the years.

If you prefer PC gaming then keep playing on PC.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Blind Rasputin posted:

Halo 5 makes the xboneX shine. It’s good. I’m playing assassins creed origins and it’s actually really great. I mean drat, I’m not even out of the starting town and have finished a ton of cool exploring. The combat and parkour are much better than I remember it being.

Any tips for a beginner? Like, what are some important skill unlocks to grab, or weapons to go find, right off the bat? I always feel like in these games there’s that one hidden weapon somewhere if you invest time getting at the start it makes everything easy and badass.

Dismantle your old weapons for crafting stuff instead of selling so you don't have to forage so much. Unless you like foraging I guess.

Try out weapons before dismantling old ones, many of them handle slow/weird. I basically only like swords.

The "poison corpse" skill is way more useful than you might expect, as are sleeping darts. Sleeping darts are probably that op weapon you're looking for actually.

Basically all the stuff on the right of the skill tree owns, while the Senu stuff looks useless. (Haven't unlocked most of it, to be fair)

It's a great game and gets way better after Siwa, especially if you're interested in Ptolemaic Egypt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

That would require him to buy an xbox one first.