Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
So I've got a North American 360 with roughly 60 backwards compatible titles. If I buy say an Asian edition Xbox One will the titles still transfer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Cool thanks. Asian Xbones don't play Region 1 DVDS do they?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I don't want my TV routed through my Xbone, is there a way to get rid of that dumb reminder every time I turn it on?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I keep buying all these games on the Marketplace that I sold to Gamestop for .10¢ when I upgraded. :doh:

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Anime_Otaku posted:

I know the reception for Crackdown 3 has been awful, but I decided to swap EA Access (which, due to missing the renewal date I still have a year of) for Game Pass, is it still a waste of time for free?

I couldn't get past the horribly implemented PS1 Era auto- targeting and was bored after one hour (1/6th of the game).

But it's free so you should definitely find out for yourself.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
So I live in Japan, and use Paypal to buy digital content on the Xbone. I did so on Monday in fact. Since Tuesday however, I'm unable to purchase anything. Strangely enough, I've deleted all payment methods, re-entered my Paypal details, but Xbox and the website still defer to older payment methods. Any ideas?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Barudak posted:

Did the region get switched? Im in Japan as well and not had that issue, but when I was in the states the system one day decided I lived in australia and that hosed everything up until I sussed out the problem.

Also did you update your payment info on website? I assume you did but thats the only way it works for me.

Thanks for the suggestions. Region hadn't changed. Deleted everything and added Paypal on the website. Nothing.

My concern is that both the Marketplace and the Xbone Store still have my old accounts as payments but not the new Paypal entered into the website. In fact, for some reason they have two Paypal accounts (same email) which don't match what I changed on the Paypal website.

Said "gently caress it" and bought an online code. Of course they can''t be redeemed for Xbox 360 games. :argh:

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 09:56 on May 23, 2019

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Fly Ricky posted:

Thanks for the suggestions. Region hadn't changed. Deleted everything and added Paypal on the website. Nothing.

My concern is that both the Marketplace and the Xbone Store still have my old accounts as payments but not the new Paypal entered into the website. In fact, for some reason they have two Paypal accounts (same email) which don't match what I changed on the Paypal website.

Said "gently caress it" and bought an online code. Of course they can''t be redeemed for Xbox 360 games. :argh: Anyways, any recommendations for online codes (emailed)? Playasia charged me $15 for a $10.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Ruffian Price posted:

Try making one payment through a US VPN. For some reason I need to do this periodically when redeeming 360 Games with Gold, otherwise I start getting "payment can't be completed at this time" after a while

Ok, I use an iMac and an Airport. Not so tech-savvy. Anyone have a link that would show me how to do that?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I bought Rainbow Six Deluxe on sale yesterday, and matching hasn't worked once. Other online games are working. Any ideas?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Barudak posted:

Thats bizarre. All I got is powercycling the system to see if that fixes it.

Thanks, tried it but didn't work. I'm just redownloading the game to see if that works.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
So my Xbone is stretched a ~bit~ beyond the limits of my TV horizontal/vertical. Some games let you adjust this. Is there a system-level way to adjust it?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Zat posted:

This. The overscan setting that most TV's have, and unfortunately it's often enabled by default, is essentially simulating the natural sort of overscan that was present on all old CRT TV's. What it actually does is unnecessarily zoom in the picture a bit and make your full-HD or 4K TV not display the signal at its native resolution like it should.

On my Samsung TV you disable it like this: Settings > Picture > Picture Size > Fit to screen: On

Thanks for the help everyone. I still can't find this option on my TV. I have a Sharp LC-32DE5 for reference. Can't find anything like that in options...

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

fishmech posted:

That appears to be a 720p television - the manual indicates the panel is 1366x768. Make sure you have your Xbox set to 720p output to ensure the TV won't have to apply additional scaling. And looka round for anything like "zoom" and make sure its turned off.

Seems to be you have a Japan domestic market set so the settings you want to get after on the tv may be confusingly labeled in English , so if making sure your Xbox outputs only at 720p doesn't work, just start messing around with all the settings under the display options on the TV to see what affects it. On page 136 of the manual there's indications that disabling overscan might be done changing a setting to "Dot by Dot".

My God you are an absolute master in this stuff.

I can't thank you enough.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

fishmech posted:

That appears to be a 720p television - the manual indicates the panel is 1366x768. Make sure you have your Xbox set to 720p output to ensure the TV won't have to apply additional scaling. And looka round for anything like "zoom" and make sure its turned off.

Seems to be you have a Japan domestic market set so the settings you want to get after on the tv may be confusingly labeled in English , so if making sure your Xbox outputs only at 720p doesn't work, just start messing around with all the settings under the display options on the TV to see what affects it. On page 136 of the manual there's indications that disabling overscan might be done changing a setting to "Dot by Dot".

This is late but that totally fixed it. A million thanks!

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Where do I find the function that automatically turns my input to the Xbone input when I turn it on?

The Switch does it by default, and I think the Xbone did as well until I hosed it up messing with options.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Cojawfee posted:

Microsoft opted for a loving IR blaster instead of CEC. Hopefully Scarlett fixes that.

TheScott2K posted:

There isn't one. It sucks.

Lambert posted:

Pretty sure the Xbox doesn't do the HDMI-CEC input change thing, so unless your TV has some kind of auto-sensing option, you're out of luck. The console doesn't provide the functionality.

Lame.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Playing the Gears 5 tech test. It sure is... Gears. Not sure how this series survived so long with basically no innovation.

I thought this one was supposed to be open-world or some poo poo.

Thinking about it I can't believe I played five of those carbon-copy games...

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Is there a limit to how many folders you can create on the Xbone dashboard. I've currently got Xbox One/Xbox 360/Xbox/Apps four, tried to create a Now Playing folder, added some games, and it doesn't show up. I'm tempted to just delete the Apps folder since I never even look at it.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Can you no longer buy a subscription to ONLY Gamepass for $10 a month? I don't play online and have no need for the gold membership.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

American McGay posted:

Uhh it should be listed front and center on the Game Pass page.

Yeah, I've got nothing of the sort. Could it be because I used to be a member?

And going into the store for memberships only lists Ultimate Gamepass. There is a $10 option for Gold only on the Gold page, but nothing about joining on the Gamepass page. If anyone can find it, I'd appreciate a picture of where it is.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

American McGay posted:

This is what the bottom of this page looks like for me: [url]https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass

Many thanks! That worked. No idea why I couldn't find that, other than I must be an idiot.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Fanatic posted:

3 months of Game Pass Ultimate for $1 deal is back.

Also Rage 2 rumoured to be getting added to Game Pass (was a matter of time really).

How do you get the three month deal? When I log in it only offers me one month for a buck. Is it because I'm a former subscriber?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Fanatic posted:

Hmm. What are your options here? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0

It might be only new subscribers or those wanting to upgrade their regular PC game pass. When I open it in incognito mode it has a 3 month box and a 1 month box to choose from.

Yeah, I tried Incognito but at sign in they change it to regular price. New subs only.

However, via the actual Xbox I was able to get one month for $1. Better than nothing.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

bushisms.txt posted:

Rdr2 is 60% off for the rest of the day, so I went ahead and grabbed that. Will get fallen order when it's on a similar sale.

Thanks for tip!

I'm still pissed about the 3 months for a buck deal not working. The fine print days "Not for current subscribers" but nothing about former subscribers.

edit: RDR2 doesn't show a discount for me...

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Nov 15, 2019

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Worth it for GamePass, 4KBR and back compat IMO. I got an S for significantly less than half the price of the X

Yeah at this point in the game, if you're looking for performance it doesn't matter which one you get. You'd be better off waiting a year.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
When did Ultimate Game Pass begin? I had a chat with Microsoft support today, and they claimed that I had subscribed to it in June. I could have sworn it started in August/September?

At any rate the support guy was really helpful and found a workaround where I was able to get five months for $3.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Started in June. What's the workaround?

He had me create a new account, link it to my Xbox, subscribe to Gold, Game Pass PC Beta, then Game Pass Ultimate. $1 each. It works with my main account since it's linked to my Xbox.

edit: I should add that the one caveat is I need to download Game Pass games via the new account. However the games and the Xbox Live service work with my main account. It's simple to switch between accounts though, no password or anything is needed.

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Nov 21, 2019

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Zat posted:

Actually pretty hilarious (but kinda awesome) that an official MS support person instructed you to do all this. We often tend to think we're outsmarting the company when we pull off stuff like this on our own, but they know.

Yeah, after he told me I had already subscribed, he said "Would you be interested in getting five months for $3? Get some coffee, it's going to take a while to set up."

Sent a glowing review, dude was a real champ.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I must be an outlier because other than the novelty of driving actual Hot Wheels cars I got bored pretty quickly of racing on the same orange and blue plastic tracks. The Lego expansion had more variety IMO.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Can someone sell me on Reach? I played Halo 1-3 and felt like I had enough of the gameplay. I have Gamepass, but wondering if it's worth my relatively limited free time.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

twistedmentat posted:

I only played for like a few hours, but it feels more like Call of Duty : Halo. You're part of a squad that does squad things. I'm enjoying it enough.

That's enough of a twist for me to give it a try, thanks.

Subnautica didn't click with me; I really hate resource gathering. The environment was incredible, but I just wanted to be free to explore it without having to upgrade my base and gear.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Am I right in saying that the next Xbox will be based on this year's Ryzen CPU/3000 series chips?

I don't speak chipanese but here's a new leak from a guy that's apparently right about everything he drops: reddit

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Panzer Dragoon + PDZ are getting remakes due sometime in 2020 on Switch, Xbone, & PC.

This is amazing and proof there is a God. I can't believe I hadn't heard of it.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Stux posted:

i mean uk houses are actually smaller on average than in japan. not really got anything on hong kong though.

I live in Japan and I'm going to be the only person here to buy an Xbox Series X. It will double as a bed because it won't fit in my tiny condo.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Cojawfee posted:

Dang, how many creepy English teachers are there in Japan?

Barudak posted:

I dont teach, so sadly I can't answer your question

Ditto. But I am a full-time Game Pass subscriber.

Nice to know between Barudak and I Microsoft will sell at least two Xbox Series X consoles. Handily beating the Xbone.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Cojawfee posted:

Microsoft pays you to subscribe to game pass if you live in Japan?

They've got to justify the three employees running Xbox Japan somehow.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Barudak posted:

Forza Horizon 4.

The sole reason I bought an Xbone. No regrets.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
My rare achievements list is Game Room for pages. So much wasted potential, but I loved the hell out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I kinda wish I'd kept both my OG Xbox and my 360. There were several games there I'd love to go back to. It's just a practical matter of space personally. They kept just enough of my favorites backwards-compatible to pass them on to my father each general, who has a steering wheel set-up and exclusively plays Forza. At least they went to good use.