Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I don't judge people who like the retro look and 8 bit games and all that, but man I've spent my life trying to get away from graphics like that. My first console was an Atari 2600, and every generation of console since has made me never want to return to the generation before it. Last gen titles are still fine as there's not not that much difference yet, but I don't replay 360 games because I just can't enjoy the graphics.

Yeah same, I prefer not to revisit games I loved back in the day because inevitably it is a let down with how the graphics look etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

except for a lot of the Xbox back compat stuff because they use Xbox magic to make it look really good :cheers:

You are right, there are some that look drat good. I recently got a series x, my previous xbox was the OG 360 and it still had all my silly little arcade purchases available to download. Geometry Wars still kicks rear end!

Exploring all the Game Pass games is a treat too, finally got to try Just Cause 4 after being a big fan of the series - yikes it's kind of trash now what the hell happened!?!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

speaking of series that became trash i really should replay Dead Rising 1

I was watching a streamer play Dying Light 2 and yeeeesh.. The reviewers seem to like it ok but just watching it seems tedious as hell.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I think the question that I need answered next is - does Viva Pinata hold up??

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

joylessdivision posted:

They're on Gamepass, download it and find out.

I'm definitely gonna - it was pretty fun on 360 (?)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

5 minutes of whacking dirt in viva pinata and I’m bored

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I still feel like an old man whenever I try using a controller for fpses. Just turning sooooo slowwwwww

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah I just fly my aiming all over the place if sensitivity is cranked, I have "stupid thumbs"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

To be fair I’m also terrible at PvP with m+kb

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Did the Tony Hawk pro skater good remake come out on xbox? That was always the gold standard for me for games where the control just became second nature and was actually really relaxing. I didn’t play the recent good remake but I bought the earlier bad one on pc and it was really lacking in getting the “feel” of the original right.

Put it on game pass once the activision deal closes asap!!

E: oh it was called thps 1+2 and was on xbone

priznat fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 10, 2022

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

The tony hawk 1+2 remaster is excellent and the gameplay has translated really well over the years, but I kind of ran through it all in a week and never felt the urge to boot it up again. Glad I got it on sale.

I felt so burned by that previous remake I avoided it, but if it was on game pass it’d have a forever home on both my pc and xbox.

Lately after getting as far as I can on Death’s Door (gently caress the boss fights in that game, honestly) I’m just all about doing everything possible in the Hitman trilogy. I really can’t wait for when they add the roguelike mode with persistent base storing the gear you collect!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

It’s going to be interesting when the big xbox/MS game studios splash screen comes up on a playstation before a new cod or whatever.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Can you plug a logitech or other brand wireless dongle in a series s/x?

Also in the game listings on gamepass etc does it mention if mkb is supported or is it something to look up elsewhere?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Guillermus posted:

Got a friend that plays warzone like that, a logitech dongle should work fine.

Does it put them in pc lobbies or other controller console ones?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

On the headphones, I splurged and got a set of the steelseries arctis pro for PC and I’m kinda disappointed mostly because they are not comfortable on my big stupid head. I swapped out the default ear cushions (which were horrible) for some a bit better but it’s still not comfortable for me.

I wouldn’t buy a set of headphones again without being able to try them on ahead of time, I think. Got them from Amazon so I could have returned but thought I would get used to it and I didn’t. Don’t repeat my mistakes!!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Get the Xbox headset, noob.

Yah on xbox I just plug earbuds into the jack on the controller (although it seems to have connectivity issues).

On PC I like the chonky headphones and just wanted to share in case anyone is looking at the steelseries, definitely try them out first!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Play infinite it’s the only good halo campaign.

It is not, however, Infinite. It seemed kind of half finished imo.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

On GamePass was there any update on when the PC version is going to use regular file systems vs the weird file method they use now? I had heard they were going to change over for that.

It would be nice so things like the logitech software can be aware of the games for customizing the mice/keyboard etc.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

I think Microsoft is in general giving up on the encrypted install stuff for home systems but they went whole hog on it so it's gonna take a while. Plus like, that's all a Windows division thing, I'm not sure if the Xbox division has much say over it.

Ah well, hopefully someday! It's a pretty minor annoyance at least.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The Kins posted:

It's still in progress, but by grabbing "Xbox Insider Hub" on the Windows Store you can opt into a work-in-progress version. I think these are the latest release notes.

Oh neat! I will check it out. Will have to figure out if it is stable enough for my use yet.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Hell yeah Quick Resume is such a great QoL experience although I have had it stop quick resuming a game, I guess I opened too many other games in the meantime. Being able to pin a couple is a great call.

Shadow of War is my current just veg out, slay orcs and harass Bruz game.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

My gamepass was expiring and the Xbox All Access at bestbuy had series xes available so I got one of those. It was delivered crazy fast by non amazon prime standards, next day. I was shocked.

Ends up being about $50 cheaper over 2 years if you calculate the cost of a series x and regular cost of gamepass ultimate (I had already done the convert live gold over for a buck trick)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The only ps4/ps5 game I covet is the Spider-Man one, that looks fun. I haven’t owned a sony console since the ps3 which I really disliked.

Definitely play Sunset Overdrive on Game Pass if you haven’t, it’s by that studio (Insomniac) before they got bought by Sony. It’s like a better Saints Row.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Gran Turismo was the game that told me I was to poo poo to play it, gently caress those license tests I just wanna crash some supercars!!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

I feel like I've gotten my fill of Forza's constant affirmation. I'm ready for a car game to tell me I've dishonored myself and my vehicle for hitting those cones again.

Not enough to get me to buy a PS5 though. Now starting the Get A Series X process

I got banned by forza for a week for “child endangerment” because I wrote “free candy” on the side of a van so I got my own issues with forza lemme tell ya.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Lammasu posted:

That is pretty drat funny.

It is, it was a really stupid joke and apparently it’s setup to autoban people for that. And insinuate they are a sex predator!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

S seems like would be a good second box for the kids. Can you have game pass going on two xboxes simultaneously? They need a family option imo.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I love Control, it’s so satisfying to just make a huge smashy mess.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

My 6 year old enjoyed pupperazzi a bit! It does look pretty jank tho.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I have been enjoying Lonely Mountains Downhill altho it gets pretty hard on the more difficult mountains. It looks really cool though.

Also Unpacking is fantastic.

I like the chill little easy games :haw:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Finally giving Psychonauts 2 a try, it’s pretty drat good! I don’t usually like 3d platformers but just set it to invincible so I don’t have to worry about having to replay stuff I suck at and the exploring and story are really fun.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Sea of Thieves is so good

It looks like something that would be really fun to play with one’s kids, I was wondering about setting mine up on xbox cloud gaming with tablets or computers so we could all play as a crew.

*endlessly plays the hurdy gurdy while dancing around the mainsail*

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I installed Skyrim on my series X just for some messing about and it looks and plays great. I’ve never been a swords and wizards rpg person but the scenery really grabbed me when I first played it.

All my builds always become insanely OP archers though because it puts it on easy mode when you can take off some elite enemy’s head with a single shot :haw:

The quick resume makes it even better!

E: gently caress yeah hairdressing mirror

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I'd buy a new controller if it had gyro and MS said they were gonna actually put it in COD or w/e

I was just thinking, would this be a big disadvantage in crossplay if ps5 has this gyro stuff and xbox doesn’t? :ohdear:

I kind of want to get back into warzone, haven’t played since it changed maps etc.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Watching that fortnight vid, how are they snapping to different directions so quickly with the controller? This seems to be what I have been missing whenever I tried using controllers for fpses. Didn’t look like it was motion and happened too fast to see the button or stick input.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Does it have gyro on PS5?

I don’t think currently for cod etc but could they add it? I thought the ps5 controllers had the gyros in em.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Wasn't Lawn Mowing Simulator already out?

It's one of those games that sounds kinda fun just in how silly a concept that is but then it's kinda not really all that fun unless you're really into mowing lawns I guess.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

John F Bennett posted:

Apparently, this is the Xbox One version of Lawnmower Sim. Previous version was the Series version.

And yes, I agree, it is the most boring slog of a game. Which I guess it's not surprising as it's called lawnmower simulator.

The main issue I have is the menus and stuff to get into, it's all tiny text and slows down just getting into the game to mow. Then they make it unfun by being extremely picky about the % completed. I guess it's unsurprising though because "sim" is right in the title and the weirdos who make those seem to have decided to make them unfun as possible usually now.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Stellaris is on Game Pass but only on PC I think, and it's real good, I preferred it to GalCiv 3 I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

drat that flickstick looks cool and I would like to have that plus gyro aiming for warzone (I will still be bad, but perhaps less so). Normally I just played it on PC with M+KB but would enjoy some controller playing if I could be somewhat competitive.