Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Has anyone else been having issues with either not being able to connect or stay connected in multiplayer games, specifically in the UK/Europe? I did recently have no internet access at all for a few days so it could be ISP issues. The games in question are GTA V, World of Tanks and Friday the thirteenth. The new Marvel mmo seems fine and the guild stuff in Injustice 2 works, as does the store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Has anyone else had a bunch of randoms sending chat messages on XBL recently, I've had 3 in as many days with 0 achievement points and no friends in common that I could see.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
There’s a load of game that have been added to the backwards compatibility list, including a bunch of Star Wars games like KOTOR 2 and the good Battlefront games. Also Saints Row 2 for under £10 (actually they all seem to be). Also, am I remembering correctly that Mercenaries had some kind of game breaking bug in it? I remember the game being fun but never finished it.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I know the reception for Crackdown 3 has been awful, but I decided to swap EA Access (which, due to missing the renewal date I still have a year of) for Game Pass, is it still a waste of time for free?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

But what about an xbox that my kid can pick up and use as a tablet? Like for car rides and other times when they absolutely have to leave the house.

Uhhh... Nintendo Switch?

I think the SAD might actually be good if they can get a really big hard drive into it, like 1 or 2TB minimum.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

That defeats their cheapness

One of the YouTube videos I saw on the subject said that the blu ray drive was one of the most expensive parts, admittedly I’m not sure how it compares to a decent sized HDD/SSD but for right now 500GB feels like it’s on the small side.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

American McGay posted:

A 1TB 5400rpm drive (because lol you know that's what's gonna be in there) is like $20 for a normal citizen, which means it would probably cost Microsoft about $3.

For reference in August 2017 I got an 8TB external drive with hub to use with my Xbox for £180, last years version is £160. I’m guessing internal drives are even cheaper than that.
Edit: I could grab a 4TB external drive for £100.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Is anyone else having issues with external hard drives after the latest system update? It’s showing games as installed but then it’s saying I need to install it when I try to play anything.
Edit: might just have been a bad connection, it’s working fine now.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Apr 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Any opinions on Tropico 5? The complete edition is £7.99 on GWG. I’m also tempted to preorder Rage 2 having seen some preview stuff of it, but Borderlands 3 is also coming pretty soon.