Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

There's literally a hundred reasons to get a ps4 pro over the xbonx. I can't believe they're gonna end the year with just Forza 7(!) for the next 4 months. The switch at least can be played on the go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ease of use and Xbox in the same sentence is amazing

Not even mentioning Steam and Discord.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Mafia 3 is on sale for $25 while on steam its on sale for $20.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I just posted that as an example for consoles terrible
rip off digital pricing that for some reason people keep defending.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The S plays 4k Blu rays too I'm sure someone will buy it

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Bloodborne does rum slightly better with the Pro's boost mode. Trouble spots are smoother.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Any hyper x cloud is good.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Only controllers I've ever hated is the uncomfortable, stiff rear end dreamcast one and the Fat Xbox one.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Wait fish, what exclusive was 2011?

Uncharted 3, gears 3, or Forza 4

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's weird as gently caress seeing someone actually try to defend ISPs and what they do.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I'm having a new dilemma with my xboxox pre-order in that every fall game that I was interested in seems to be a disappointment and I may not have anything to play on it. Don't have a Bone currently.

SW Battlefront beta is bunk, AC Origins looks like a janky mess with Bloodborne wannabe combat, I can't do Destiny at 30fps anymore and it sounds like Bungie hosed up everything I enjoyed anyway, so it's really just down to Wolfenstein 2 at this point. And I guess South Park... can't wait to see Cartman in FOUUUUUUUUR K

At some point PC players are gonna realize I'm owning them in RS Siege with a controller and I'm gonna have to move on.

None of those are exclusives and you said you had a PC so why are you buying an X? I'd you didn't buy a bone by now you really don't want it. It's not like any hot new game it on the horizon.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Any kind of streaming will have inherent lag yes. Same when streaming PS4 to PC or using PS Now. You might not hear about because alot of people don't notice or just accept that as OK.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ohhh I read that wrong.My bad. I'll try it out again when I get off.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

You gotta pay $5 tho

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Adaptabullshit posted:

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/games/gears-of-war-4/xbox-one-x-enhanced

Good thing I held off on Gears of War 4 until the X comes out, these enhancements sound awesome.

None of those are for the multiplayer which is astounding as the single player was the worst of the series and was quickly forgotten by everyone that played it. I swear they couldn't mishandle Gears of War worse than they have. I'd rather it be dead at this point.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Ninja-Gaiden-Black/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802544307d8

They're not BC til later today so try then. I'm sure the link will secure you a copy tho.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Adaptabullshit posted:

Competitive Multiplayer, Horde Mode is being updated.

I said that

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The only way possible to get a popup driver update is to not cut your computer on for days. Like do you not use your computer? It certainly won't minimize the game, I haven't seen that since before geforce expirence. Also driver updates are the same as those long rear end console updates.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's literally on sale for $8

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's always the guy that somehow has the money to buy a top tier rig but isn't smart enough to update drivers, or uses the infamous broken port of Arkham knight as an example of anything, or can't figure out that maybe they patched GTAV in the months he didn't play it. It's such a waste.

At least Microsoft doesn't ship broken, non functional games.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

When Sony puts in BC next time and takes the easy good press what will people cry about next

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

In general but there's a lot of older PC games that are close to impossible to get to run on modern systems. Including ones that Steam still sells.

A majority of games that's worth the time is on GoG or for games like NOLF are easily found and have user patches to play. I'm playing though it currently just fine in wide-screen and everything. This just isn't that true unless you find some obscure game you're not gonna really play anyway.

That's what blows me about BC, people ask and ask and when it happens nobodys playing that poo poo anyway. Who really asked for BC Jade Empire or KotR in the year 2017 like any PC can't run it better and smoother and be gotten vastly cheaper.

It's not even like the games are lost forever, they're still playable on PS3 and 360. I hook them up all the time to play JSRF and the Jak collection.

Then you get stuff like the Bayonetta ports where all 3 console ports have their own problems and the only true way to play is the PC one.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Before the PC remaster the 360 was the definitive way to play Bayo, it was actually one of the best things about that system.

It was definitive by default. It still had frame drops, screen tearing, and was blurry and ugly as hell. On xbone it has delay issues.

I've brought the game like 6 times between 4 ports and played the poo poo of it. Some of that might not matter to casual players but in games like that where your gonna be looking at it and playing it til your eyes bleed its really annoying. Compare to DMC4 where it is pretty much perfect on any system and the only advantage PC has is mods and higher framerate

RBX fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Nov 4, 2017

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Also they remastered everything on ps3 if you hadn't skipped it.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Twerk from Home posted:

Are all you guys just hanging big external drives off of your Xbones? Does speed matter? Can I get away with a 5TB shingled drive that I bought for $100 a couple years ago?

I have one plugged into my ps4 and it works like a charm, go for it.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Maneki Neko posted:

Disc is always way slower than me than installing full digital version, enough so that it's a big motivator to just go all digital.

That would be feasible if GCU and Amazon eidnt exist. gently caress paying full price for most games today.

For the record Xbox is way faster than PS4 in downloads. My problem is Xbox won't download some game updates in the background and every title update won't auto download. I go days without playing and come back to a title update that takes forever. On ps4 its already downloaded while in rest mode and is quick to install.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

TheScott2K posted:

Sunset Overdrive and literally nothing else

Yep.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nothing in that sale is old enough for that except unity.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah but if you played it you'd know how obtuse and confusing they can be. The directions are shockingly terrible at times for a kids game.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I played it on PC tho!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Twerk from Home posted:

Is there any reason to buy those rather than just paying the $30 for a year of EA Access and playing those 2 + a ton of other stuff?

Because it's mostly filled with bad and dead games and don't give EA money?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I played MCC MP matches just this past weekend while I can't find poo poo in H3. As fun as the meme is I don't think MCC is lass played. Gears 3 still has full rooms going too.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

TheScott2K posted:

Have loot box unboxing videos taken YouTube by storm yet?

This is the thing. Only for like EA sports games because of Ultimate Team and mobile gacha games like Dragon Ball z Dokkan Battle. Never seen a TF2 crate opening video in my life. Who's gonna watch someone open COD WW2 boxes? If people are buying them they're doing it silently

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yea Pubg just happened. Wait til next year and everyone will be just as tried of it as Dark Souls.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Tired of Dark souls as in everybody copying it and fawning all over everything to do with it.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdGBwrJ6rtI

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Is my video invisible?

Also people need to define what their personal tolerance level for bullshit. Some people are fine with 20 fps screen tearing choppyness but gently caress that.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I haven't noticed any screen tearing in PUBG, and that's the one thing that can make me lose my cool about a video game.

As long as I'm not killed because of the framerate, mid-20's framerate is acceptable in an Early Access/Game Preview game.

I am killed for all kinds of reasons that aren't framerate.

Some of you are like the Princess And The Pea except for instead of your princess assess its your eyeballs and peas of two different kinds.

You're right that this is a real deal early access game microsoft brought because they needed something for December. I'm sure the devs don't want people to play the game in its current state but it says alot that people are still loving and playing it regardless.

I personally am gonna wait until it's more stable. Hell the early round rubberbanding is still an issue on PC and that's my biggest irk with the game.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Hell no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Is 4k even a thing over there, I wouldn't think so. It's already a niche market here.