Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daric posted:

Totally forgot Elder Scrolls Online and the Division are both on there too. The Division is awesome now and definitely worth playing.

I played the Division last night and the very first dungeon (idk what the game calls them but they're dungeons ok.) I matchmade into had three other guys who actually talked on mic to call out where enemies were, and say what abilities they were using, say they needed help/were coming to help, and were generally nice. I did everything there was to do in this game on the PS4 at launch, and some of the post-launch content like the fire truck raid, and that never happened. Not one time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

TESO is definitely a serviceable MMO and not total rear end like I was expecting it to be (didn’t it suck a ton at launch?) but yeah every time I play it I kinda keep thinking I could be playing WoW or FFXIV instead. At least it’s better than Guild Wars 2

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Empress Brosephine posted:

A bad GTA is still ten times better than the best Saints Row

It takes skill to have an opinion this bad.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Saints Row 2 >>> GTA > the other Saints Rows

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I’d recommend For Honor, which I haven’t really played much of ever, but Overwatch is the worst video game ever created, even worse than that Atari 2600 game where you rape an Indian woman. Hope this helps, OP.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

a bitchin jetski posted:

No one gives a poo poo about backwards compatibility.

I can’t believe how wrong this is.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

RBX posted:

PS4s online system is barebones but is quick, snappy, and works.

Oh shut the hell up. Go try to search for something on the PS4 store and come back in five years.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh what’s that? You want to download a PS3/Vita game you put on your account years ago? Have fun sorting through hundreds and hundreds of items on your Download List that can’t be sorted or filtered at all, jackass

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I traded in my old Xbox One and my PS4 and got the One X for $40. Xbox stays winning...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Auron posted:

Congratulations, right in time for.......hmmmm

I don’t know, playing The Witcher III, and Hitman and Red Faction Guerilla and Forza Horizon, and Battlefield 1 and Sea of Thieves, and For Honor and Grand Theft Auto, and Dishonored, and Evil Within 2 and Division, OH and also the Halo Collection very soon, in amazing 4K 60fps goodness, without shelling out tens of thousands of dollars to sketchy cryptotards to get enough parts to build a semi-decent PC that’ll be obsolete in a year so I can download trojans and monitoring programs from poo poo rear end Steam, and also not on the loser PS4 Slo that looks and runs worse with just about every multiplat and its system interface and download speeds and store layout make me want to barf chunks all over Kaz Hirai’s face- instead, I’ll be playing on the most powerful game console ever created... Yeah, I’m thinking I’m back.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh and Prey (2017).

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Hitman seems really relaxing since a lot of things can be accomplished at your own pace, just wandering around and interacting with the levels... the Elusive Targets are mega stressful though.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lambert posted:

You're not playing most of these games in 4k60, or even close to it. 4k30, if you're lucky. GTA V, Dishonored (and probably others) aren't even Xbonx-enhanced, so they'll run worse than on a base PS4.

Also, sorry you don't posses the mental faculties to operate a gaming PC.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/3Fc5lXAaFOSE6W2y8IgEE4/the-power-of-x-comes-to-bethesda-titles

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

An odd difference I’ve noticed between the PS4 and Xbox is how much more social Xbox users are, like I’ll boot up my Xbox and get invited to games, parties, or co streams constantly out of the blue, and people will just talk and have fun and shoot the poo poo, meanwhile on PS4 people send invites/messages once in a blue moon and despite having several dozen PSN friends, there’s rarely any parties going in that little ‘friends in a party:’ tab, and when parties DO form they’re usually more detached and focused entirely on the game... Is there a specific reason for this? Seems to be that way for a lot of people I’ve brought this up with.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

BisterdDave posted:

I've been keeping my Xbox One S in standby mode instead of fully turning it off, and today I turned it on to find that it wasn't detectingany WiFi signals. I found a video on Youtube which said to just unplug the power cable and plug it back in. This fixed it, but I'm wondering is this an issue that has to do with keeping the system in "Instant-on" power mode or anything like that?

Don’t keep an Xbox in instant power mode. It’s a dumb feature. If you want to turn on the Xbox just press the button. There’s no good reason to keep it ‘in standby’ sucking up power for 16 hours a day.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I dare say, I do believe that the Xbox One X is the finest game console I’ve ever played.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

This is facism right?

???

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

Typo from cell phone meant to put "fatcious".

No, either way.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Wait, I thought the Xbox RAMLulz Crew Megathread mk 5.4 was in BYOB. When did it get moved back? And where’s the Xbox discussion thread?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Empress Brosephine posted:

Xbox is a good console better than PS4

This.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The PS4 is such a shrek’d out system that I found myself with no choice but to sell it for GameStop store credit, of all things.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Barudak posted:

Is this another space for me to talk abbot how mediocre the new God of War is? Because hellllll yeah!

Sony first party western AAA games are universally overrated overhyped trash. I hadn’t played Uncharted until the PS4 Trilogy Collection came out and I swear, every single reviewer that gave these games 9s and 10s should undergo scaphism

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lambert posted:

Imagine having taste that is this bad. You deserve Gears of War 4/Halo 5.

I’d rather play Gears Judgment than any Uncharted game. Naughty Dog is a poo poo developer and The Last Of Us was one of the worst AAA games I ever played

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Why lol. Miss the days of infamous and prototype lol?

*ahem* Prototype was sick

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Uhh maybe 1 was... did you play 2 lol

I 100%d both but 1 was way better yeah.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Xbox Ambassador posted:

It’s one of the worst games I’ve ever played period. Could you imagine playing lost legacy or whatever. Or for fucks sake... little big planet LOL.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

^This. Criterion #1 would be Tetris you idiots.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

They fixed that this week. Univbee probably already posted about it tho i havent seen the newest page of the thread

How did it take them half a loving decade to fix this? I've been having to use the phone app's Store the whole time.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'm glad I managed to get in on that GameStop thing and get a One X for $40, but that Fallout 76 one really looks awesome and would look great next to my glacier white PS3.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Mine's Lumpy the Cook... If any true Xheads wish to add it, they may.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I suspect with a bit of work you could buy every 360 game worth playing that's ever been or will be on gamepass for a grand total of 60 dollars.

I didn’t know 360 games cost 5¢ apiece

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

W

O

R

T

H

P

L

A

Y

I

N

G

I didn’t know 360 games cost 8¢ apiece

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lmfao if you're gonna be that disingenous why don't you just add up the retail value of a digital copy every single one of those games and compute that into the AMAZING SAVINGS

Huh?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

ok here you go

Metal Gear Solid 5
Streets of Rage
Sonic CD

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Yikes at people defending this and thinking it's a great deal that works out in their favor. There's always fine print and catch 22 to this that is hidden away. 2 year contracts with phones are always predatory and just a lease/loan on the phone, this is not going to be any different.

Maybe.... however, I’m feeling a little less of a ‘yikes’ about the people supporting Microsoft’s announcement in this thread, and a little more yikesy toward the people handwringing over and nitpicking it, and every other Xbox related announcement, consistently, every day, in multiple threads, for the last five and a half years.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

BisterdDave posted:

So I don't know if it's something to really worry about, but the last couple of times I've turned on my Xbox it stays on for a second or two then immediately turns off. After another 10 seconds or so it turns itself back on and stays on for the rest of the time. Like I said, this only happens when I first boot the system, but I don't know if it's something that should immediately be taken care of or not. Anyone else ever run into this issue?

Sounds like some kind of power supply issue, to me.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

If you didn't like Fable 2 or the Gears trilogy, you may as well just shoot yourself now and save me the trouble.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I used to use PS4 and Xbox for (mostly) exclusive games and get multiplats on PC, but recently I've decided to just get most multiplats on Xbox and save Steam for PC exclusives because Steam sucks and new PC parts are way too pricey and at this point in my life I'd rather spend $600 on a dozen or so good new games than on a new graphics card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

So glad I got in on the earlier promo. Sold my original One for $200 and my PS4 for $250, plus some PS4 games. Got the One X and Hitman Complete for $40... amazing deal