Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Instead they will raise the price of game pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

John F Bennett posted:

Looks like The Outer Worlds just received a 60fps update.

Nice.

Cool, now you can be bored at sixty frames per second! :haw:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Super No Vacancy posted:

just seen that you can connect the headset to your xbox and your phone at the same time so you can listen to music or whatever plus game audio? great feature

On PS4 (and I assume PS5) you could do that with Spotify installed on the console. Does the Xbox not allow this?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1374107747495579651

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

irpoweroutlet posted:

MS might be buying Discord?

https://twitter.com/business/status/1374183042600820743?s=21

Probably more for corporate MS, but maybe they’d integrate it into the Xbox Live network

Will Teams be rolled into Discord or the other way round?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Back when I played it on the 360, I got to the part just before the final boss where you are sailing around in a lake or ocean, I forget.

I just took a peek at the achievements I got and noticed they're all in Japanese. wtf

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Canadian goons: Series X available on Walmart's site right now - https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/xbox-series-x/6000201786332

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Speaking of which, I'm playing Halo CE Anniversary via the MCC for the first time and am I ever glad that's not my first experience with that game. I loved the mystery of the Halo ring when I first played it back in 2001 and the CE Anniversary edition straight up shows you the forerunners and 343 guilty spark in a video terminal shortly after you first get the warthog. I'm assuming the flood get introduced in a terminal before you get to the swamp level too.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Looking forward to playing Just Cause. It's my kind of stupid video game fun, but just a little too stupid to directly pay money for.

It's not very good to be honest. I played it for free via PS Plus and still felt cheated.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Can you at least still attach a rocket mine to a cow's rear end?

yes

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://www.thegamer.com/former-343-employee-halo-infinite-crunch/

Colour me surprised

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

So I’m trying to play a game with all the audio coming through headphones plugged into my controller. However, even though I have headphones plugged in, the audio is still coming through my speakers.

Is there a step I’m missing? Or is it not like the Playstation where it automatically switches all audio to headphones? Do I really have to set “Speaker audio” to “off” under the audio settings?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Doctor Nutt posted:

Yeah it sucks and I did that for awhile until I figured out an easy workaround, which was hitting mute on my soundbar/tv remote.

Ah, thanks for that — lowering the volume of my receiver to 0 does the trick (muting leaves a symbol on my screen).

I hope a firmware update for the controller and/or console makes that automatic someday.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

The PS4 also automatically routed all audio to your headphones the moment you plugged headphones into the DualShock. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Laserface posted:

'why doesnt the xbox turn off the output to the TV and how do i make it do that I cant play games with headphones AND TV speakers on at the same time!' I scream as i completely forget about the volume control of the speakers in question

I see you never owned a PS4 or PS5, which switch the audio automatically -- something I'd expect from a modern console like the Xbox Series X

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Snowrunner is great. I hope they do a proper next-gen update for it.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lol at buying a battlefield game

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Laserface posted:

turning down the brightness of the LED in the controller settings?

That only works for the elite controller

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Anyone in Canada actually able to use the Disney+ perk? I see it advertised on my dashboard and Game Pass app but it doesn't actually show in the perks list.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I want fps boost to come to dishonoured 2 so I can finally get back to playing it

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Download button says "install on day one"

Edit: just turned on my Xbox and it's downloading.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I'm annoyed the Disney+ perk never worked for me

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I'm just glad I'll be playing all those games for $17/mo :newlol:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Once Game Pass is no longer a loss leader it's gonna suck.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

If I want to get a 4K TV I also have to get a receiver that supports all that newfangled stuff :(

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

American McGay posted:

No you don't. I have an XSX and an LG CX and a Denon receiver from 2010. Just use ARC or optical out from your TV to the receiver, and use the other HDMI inputs on the TV for your content.

As long as you don't have like 5 HDMI sources and need to use the receiver as a switch you can just bypass it entirely.

I have a PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch, and Apple TV that I all use regularly. :v:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Super No Vacancy posted:

genuine question what does an apple tv do that isnt built into all smart tvs now

Smart TVs have banner ads and spy on you. And are horribly slow.

I’m in the Apple ecosystem too.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

New remote owns

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I don’t want to connect my stuff directly to a TV because I like my surround sound setup with the receiver I use.

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jun 16, 2021

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

oh god does the walking in exodus still feel like absolute rear end?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

joylessdivision posted:

Good lord, because apparently all anime is pervy poo poo and while a couple people said "It's not what you think, really just play it blind" it was legit a couple pages of extremely bad takes and fighting because some assholes decided to have a meltdown in the Nintendo thread about Anime games being on a Nintendo device.

Pretty sure someone spoiler tagged the plot synopsis as well which said anime meltdown poster either ignored or bitches about too.

It was very :psyduck:

Anime games!?

On my Japanese console!!?!?!?!??!?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Marathon was the best first game with free look and it also happened to be the first as well. :colbert:

My first online FPS was Tribes

I keep hoping, waiting, wishing for a complete Marathon Trilogy remake from Bungie, but that Destiny money is too good for them... :negative:

(A completely new game would be fine too)

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Fly Ricky posted:

How’s Maneater for $16?

it's on game pass

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Ah man, I started playing Dishonored 2. I should really wait for an FPS boost but it's scratching an itch I have right now.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

And what is the point of quick resume when all it does is kick you back to the title screen! :newlol:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It plays like absolute poo poo

It’s not too bad for my playstyle (sneaking and stealth). I’d definitely be more annoyed if I was doing a violent run through. :haw:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

DR AIDS posted:

I just got through the first Dishonored yesterday, and holy gently caress 2 is way harder. I play stealth too and you get detected much easier on this one.

Yeah, they seem to have super sight sometimes. I even things out by using my magic powers all the time. Once I was able to do things like chain sleep dart effects onto multiple enemies it got way easier. :newlol:

I’m currently doing the Clockwork Mansion mission. I’ve heard that is a really good one so I’m quite excited.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

:hellyeah: that was a good time. Turned him into a babbling moron with the electro-shock chair as part of my non-lethal ghost playthrough.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I get that enemy NPCs in Dishonored 2 will constantly say things to let you know they are in the vicinity.

But I am trying to listen to a plot or lore-relevant audiolog only to have it overshadowed by :byodood: DAMMIT I NEED TO PEE from some dude three floors down and across the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Crimson Skies better have FPS boost or QoP will be very angry :haw: