Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

I have a burning desire to preorder the xbox one x and I have no real reason to. My friends all game on PC. I just want to play some 4k games on my big fancy tv damnit

sidenote...I had shadow complex and a bunch of xbox live arcade games on my 360. I'd like to download them to my xbox one. I can see the achievements for them on my current profile so I know they should still be tied to it, but they don't show up on my "ready to download" tab. Does anyone know how to re-download virtual games you bought on 360? I tried refreshing the screen (both bumpers+x) and hard power cycling the console but neither worked.

Butter Hole fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Aug 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

How's the blu ray player on this thing? I need a 4k blu ray player and figure why not get an xbox instead.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Auron posted:

It went from good, to ok, to bad, to pretty good again last week when they fixed black level issues. I've never had a disc issue, and only one minor stutter issue when I had my S.

Get it if you plan on gaming, otherwise Sony's X800 was on sale during BF for $150, and I'm sure it'll go down to that price (or somewhere near that) before Christmas.

It doesn't support DV but DV is overrated and not the leading format anyways

So they're at least patching it, that's a good sign. I don't care too much about dolby vision, the HDR stuff on Amazon and on stuff I've downloaded has looked just as good or better.

If there were more good games for this it would be a slam dunk decision, but I already have a PC and a switch...when's halo 6 lol

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

I got the one-x for christmas. I've been playing through rise of the tomb raider and gears 4. They look awesome on my 65" 4k OLED! Games are fun too, I forgot how much I like Gears and picking up where I left off in Tomb Raider has been fun. I bought forza 7 too which is pretty, but I'm kind of regretting it, since I've never liked racing games much.

What kind of hard drives are you guys buying? Just some USB laptop drive? It's quickly becoming apparent that the TB it comes with is not enough.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

MHW owns and is not the best looking game on the console but it still runs better than on PS4 pro and it looks pretty dang good on my 4k tv, going back to a 1080p PC game after and it was a noticeable difference

play the xbox enjoy the games my dudes

or don't but chill out plz

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Le Saboteur posted:

I mean as far as Monster Hunters go its the best looking one yet, its not a show piece for the console really but it still looks pretty decent. Which graphics option are you using by the way?

I'm using prioritize resolution. Basing my PS4 comparison on the video gaijin hunter did on youtube comparing the two.

I also turned the brightness down to 1 and really it's still too bright but that made it look a lot better. I'm using an HDR tv tho so YMMV

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

MHW DF analysis, mostly starts at 5:36:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDPjcJ50MX0&t=336s

-864p resolution on base xbox one and performance is "not good."
-Resolution mode on X is an unusual 1728p, lower than the Pro's 1800p (has that ever happened before?)
-There is less graphical detail on X than the Pro version (again, has that ever happened before?)
-"When moving the camera or changing camera angles, there is a noticeable loss in image quality"
-Performance and Graphics modes are 1080p on both the X and Pro
-Performance mode runs better on Pro than X, with stuttery framerate around 40-45fps
-Performance mode graphics on X look like base xbox one.
-Unsteady frame rates in all modes are "jerky" and sometimes below 30fps on X. Base xbox one moments above 30fps are rare.
-Poor lighting/HDR
-Poor motion blur
-"Unfortunately there really is no perfect mode here. The frame rate is never consistent or steady and it always feels jittery to play."
-"Feels rough around the edges right now."
-Received the game too late for launch review

Basically, the game can look nice, but doesn't run well. And it is maybe the worst X port yet. They just quadrupled the base xbox resolution for resolution mode, then let the variable frame rate run higher, and called it a day. Didn't even get it up to ps4 standards.

Can't watch the video yet since I'm at work, but isn't the PS4 using checkerboard rendering while X is native? That seems like an important detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Stux posted:

i hope this help[s

Still, the video points out X1X framerates are the highest of any version on average. I think anyone saying the video declares one version over the other the winner is misrepresenting it--each has its pros and cons.

For things that actually matter, MHW is amazing and I'm really glad I bought it. Like a lot of people have said it takes a bit of time for it to "click", but once it does, it's such a fun game. The combat felt clunky at first but once I got used to it it's actually really rewarding. I've been sitting at work waiting to get home and play it all week--it's been a while since a game had its hooks in me like this