Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

American McGay posted:

Noticed that Carto is on Game Pass after seeing a tweet earlier today about it being on sale on the eShop. I thought it looked charming but not charming enough to spend $15 on. Didn't expect to see it when I was checking the Game Pass library just a few hours later.

Xbox stays winning.

I got the Series S and Gamepass and holy poo poo, Xbox is light-years ahead of the other consoles with Gamepass. I beat Carto this weekend and I've been playing through a bunch of other games I would've otherwise had to pay for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

enojy posted:

Yes, mainly because Akira Yamaoka is involved with the soundtrack. This automatically puts it above The Evil Within as a worst case scenario.

Yacht Club Games' new game, Cyber Shadow, just stealth dropped on Game Pass (for PC, at least!) This service is so much better than PS+, it's insane.

Yacht Club is the publisher, not the developer, fwiw. Good to hear, I was thinking about buying it.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I've read two reviews, one that says the first half is great but the second half isn't and the other says the opposite. Hopefully I'm the person who enjoys both halves.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

mem posted:

Well Cyber Shadow took me twelve hours and 572 deaths to beat. Pretty good, it's no shovel knight though.

Time to start The Medium. Definitely not the type of game I'd buy, but maybe I'll like it.

Did you notice any weird difficulty spikes in Cyber Shadow? I feel like the game really tried to put me through the wringer starting in chapter 2.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
It looks like the Mass Effect remaster is coming to EA Play Pro and regular (Gamepass) subscriptions will just get a discount, based on the EA and Microsoft storefronts. Hope that changes before it's released, I don't want to pay for it.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I think some recent games have artificially increased loading times for that purpose.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Super No Vacancy posted:

if youre going to do a white noise dunk attempt you absolutely have to do it on the same page as the original post.

Cool, thanks

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

TheScott2K posted:

Kind of enjoying scrolling GamePass with my 5 year old and installing whatever looks interesting to her so she can play it for 5 minutes or 5 hours. For little kids it's great being able to let them "shop" without having to buy games they may or may not like/be able to understand.

It's the modern equivalent of getting an emulator and a stack of roms.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Backwards compatibility is more about architecture and media compatibility for the non-Xbox consoles.

The switch isn't backwards compatible because Nintendo isn't putting a disc drive into a portable console.

The ps4 wasn't backwards compatible because of PS3's weird architecture. The PS5 is backwards compatible with the PS4.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Blue Raider posted:

I need somebody at MS to cut Autograph a new licensing check so I can replay Alpha Protocol.

:crnasickos:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

barnold posted:

happy friday gamers, it is a good day to own the best console on the planet™

I'll kindly ask you to stop mocking my Atari Jaguar

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Switch owners are the lumpenproletariat.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
There's an Assassin's Creed sale this week but with all the versions and bundles there's no great way to get a bundle AND DLC for recent games. It's strange, the only winning move is not to buy.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
If Alpha Protocol was made backwards compatible, this would truly be the perfect console for me.

I've been playing Metal Gear Rising and Tetris Effect and that's all i really want.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Yeah, this. it's like four hours.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Did GamePass beta add remote console memory management recently? I just queued up a handful of games for deletion to make room for Prey on my series S.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Minecraft Dungeons is fantastic if you want to play a game with no critical thinking involved, just making number go up.

Unfortunately, pausing the game just displays a menu, it doesn't actually pause the gameplay so you can take damage in menus. It makes sense for the online component but as a single player offline game... yikes.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Kevyn posted:

95% of my screenshots are from me accidentally hitting the share button

edit: This is the other 5%

lmao

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I tried Carto and it was just kind of meh. Grab a map piece, fit it the way they want you to, talk to someone, rinse, repeat. Does it get better?

That's pretty much the core gameplay loop.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Narita Boy is getting good reviews and it's on Gamepass. I love my new indie game subscription.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

SUNKOS posted:

This is why I really wish console manufacturers and Valve could agree on something to allow a Steam store on consoles. If EA can do their own thing (I know Sony was against it but Microsoft didn't mind) then I'm sure an agreement of some kind could be made that benefited everyone involved. PC gaming is a headache but there's lots of cool little indie games that will never come to console. Same goes for Itch.io as well, if they could put their store on consoles and work out some cut/percentage deal it would be great.

lmao, this is dumb as hell. steam does no curation and adds no value to the process, they're not going to be shepherding the indie games you want onto consoles.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

meat police posted:

In other boring news I wanted to play Orange Box without a disk in my 'box but it wasn't purchasable digitally. There's some archaic storefront page you can go to to buy it for the 360 which adds it to your account to be played on Series X/whatever. In case anyone wanted it

Noita 😔

Thanks, i was looking for this a month or two ago. My fiance and i replayed Portal 2 on the Xbox, passing the controller back and forth, and had a blast.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

butt dickus posted:

i think i've asked about this before, but never got it figured out. i just bought a couple of games from the sale, and tried to install them from the web.

Yeah in my experience none of these apps do what they claim. On the other hand, the games are cheap.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Other than Miles Morales I basically haven't touched my launch PS5. Everything is better on series X.

Same. I got a platinum on Miles Morales and haven't touched the system since.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

I said come in! posted:

Emulators are terrible and almost always cause games to have game breaking bugs that prevent them from being completed. They are issues that crop up that wouldn't otherwise happen on their native hardware.

C'mon, that's blatant hyperbole. Unless the only games you're playing are Speedy Gonzales for the SNES, you can complete the vast majority of games with modern emulators.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Gamepass is great because i played Rain on Your Parade for an hour and I won't feel bad if i never touch it again.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Doctor Nutt posted:

Taking my series x away for an out of town weekend where we will have no internet access. Anything I might run into with it or is it essentially just as functional offline as the bone? Just don't want to fire up rock band and then realize that it needs to phone home for some rights nonsense even though the console has been connected to the internet at home since setting it up. I seem to recall this happening to me once or twice with older consoles.

Not to be an rear end in a top hat but why don't you just turn off the internet and see how it works?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Xbox: Yakkin' About Yakuza

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
knockout city looks cool, thanks xbox

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
when i got my series s i got super into gamerscore and Microsoft rewards for a few days until i realized I'd be happier in the long run just spending money on games instead of time on money for games

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

PatentPending posted:

I just got an Xbox series S and 3 years of game pass, it feels pretty good to have my next 3 years of gaming just kind dealt with for under $600.

I've just finished finally detaching myself from mobile gacha bullshit, so this daily login 'turn in your quests' crap is unwelcome, but I think I can safely ignore that.

Starting off with the star wars Jedi game. Modern games sure are pretty.

welcome to the good console

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

MJBuddy posted:

I'd rather just buy a clip for a phone and use the real controller but I'm sure this is perfect for someone.

the tens of people who own a surface duo

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Akuma posted:

BC loving rules and I don't care who quotes the stats about how it doesn't matter.

BC owns, especially when it comes with access to a large digital library

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

put me in coach, I'm ready to play

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Lammasu posted:

I swear to God I would cut all 4 of my limbs off if it would get the internet to shut up about Space Jam.

it's gonna come out, be terrible and disappear, don't worry

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
get a grip, ya goon

I'm definitely getting the purple controller, it'll go will with my fortnite purple controller

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

time to get goonin'

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I like my Series S which I got as a gift with 3 years gamepass

However I also have a ps5, if anything is cross gen I play the “better” version there but honestly $300 for the ability to play gamepass not bad at all. The X is absurdly difficulty to find here (the ps5 was too) but I enjoyed my time with both consoles

Same here. The S is my gaming subscription box, the PS5 is for when I want to push a shoulder button halfway down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

TheScott2K posted:

Midtown Madness 1 was a real "how is this possible" game

Oh man, i played the free roam endlessly as a kid. I figured out that you could clip through the roof of the Shedd Aquarium and would try to vault my car up there.