Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

My Elite v1 just developed drift so I’m thankful to be informed about that class action. I just grabbed a pair of the TB Stealth 700 gen2 headphones with a GC from work last week and although the audio is great, I am thinking about returning to get the Elite V2. I was hoping they’d do double duty as meeting headphones so I didn’t have to be at my computer to mute/unmute and could roam the house if I want. Unfortunately, when I get 10’ away from my office the headphones start looking for a connection.

Fit/Finish and all of that is great (literally paid the extra 5x:10bux: to not have gross Xbox green accents) but my A40s are just as good and I can mute the mic when my wife walks in high and babbling much more discreetly.

highme fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Oct 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

Just like my xbox controller, I can't imagine sex toys that use replaceable batteries.

highme
May 25, 2001

TheScott2K posted:

Kind of enjoying scrolling GamePass with my 5 year old and installing whatever looks interesting to her so she can play it for 5 minutes or 5 hours. For little kids it's great being able to let them "shop" without having to buy games they may or may not like/be able to understand.

Same, but my 5 year old is my attention span.

highme
May 25, 2001

How much effort would I have to put in to grab a Series X at retail currently?

highme
May 25, 2001

barnold posted:

definitely a not insignificant amount. it's up to how much you value your time vs. pressing F5 on half a dozen tabs to see if the Add To Cart button lights up, and then maybe actually getting to click "Submit Order" before it sells out again. for me i was F5'ing the microsoft page for about an hour off and on until I was able to get it into my cart, and then probably another 30 minutes or so of clicking "Submit Order" over and over again until it went through. i set up a macro to click every couple seconds and left the order page open to do the second part though so it wasn't as hands-on.

i don't even know if stock is trickling into retailers like it was before or anything so that might not even work anymore

Thanks, I'd noticed local prices on OfferUp etc., dropping to $50-100 over retail but it sounds like I can be happy with my One X for a while longer.

highme
May 25, 2001

John F Bennett posted:

Y'all should download Wreckfest on game pass, it's hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvmAJKyrsvA

I've been playing on and off for the last week or so. Started talking with friends I do Extra Life with and I think we're going to try and do a multiplayer game where drivers are blindfolded and they have a partner watching their stream giving them directions. I'm not quite sure how to pull this off, but I figure I've got a few months to figure it out.

highme
May 25, 2001

John F Bennett posted:

Sounds like something that should be video'd.

Oh absolutely, we'll have a camera on both driver & direction giver.

highme
May 25, 2001

Doctor Nutt posted:

Well that sucks. Why does it look so much better than all the trashy third party alternatives?

I spent the extra $50 for Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2s over the Stealth 600 Gen 2 just because they don't have that atrocious green accent everywhere. They're just black w/ silver, they sound great and since they can pair with a bluetooth source as well as the Xbox I've started using them for work too.

highme
May 25, 2001

I tried explaining how to jump through all those hoops for a friend's "gamer" brother in law. The glass eyed look when I got to "VPN" was enough to tell me they were going to continue paying for Gold monthly. My friend just gave me her log in credentials and I did it for her. Though US annual gold passes were the same price as the cheaper regions, so I didn't have to VPN to Brazil.

silence_kit posted:

I don't know how to help you, but I just wanted to post that Golf With Friends is so much fun.

This. We haven't been playing as much of late as we were last spring/summer but it was nightly for awhile.

highme
May 25, 2001

I wanted to play that NHL94 remix that's up on Games Pass until I learned it's only single player. if I can't put football numbers up on my friends or make Wayne Gretzky bleed for Superfan 99 here, I just can't play it.

highme
May 25, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Ever since I started WFH, I have zero interest using a PC

This, even if I just turn to face my TV and not my workstation without leaving my desk chair, it's enough to signal my brain we're done working.

highme
May 25, 2001

GigaPeon posted:

What's the best way to share a clip you've saved on Xbox Live to Discord? Or I guess I just really want a straight up Hyperlink.

I found this shady site but it plays an one minute ad in front of 30 second clips https://xboxclips.co/

Saved clips are available to download from the mobile Xbox app.

highme
May 25, 2001

GigaPeon posted:

Yeah that gets it onto my phone... but then do I have to upload it back onto Youtube to share it?

Can’t you just post the video file into discord? If not, uploading who’s got time for that?

highme
May 25, 2001

I don't share vids a whole bunch, but yeah, I would either share directly out of the Xbox dashboard to Twitter or save the clip to my phone and then share it. I'd do more of the latter so I could trim the video to the relevant part, because I'd save 2 minutes of footage for 10 seconds of dumb stuff.

https://twitter.com/highme/status/1220602147005288448

highme
May 25, 2001

American McGay posted:

I never actually post any of my shots/clips to Xbox cause I don't know how it works and I don't wanna spam my friend's feeds or something.

IIRC there’s an “Activity” timeline of sorts on the iOS app

Never mind, realized I could check since I’m on my phone and the apps been updated and that part is gone.

So yeah, sorry, I used to take quick peaks at things from friends when I was grabbing links to share and thought it was neat. It wasn’t something I did often but still.

highme
May 25, 2001

I was trying to play Pillars of Eternity 2 on my One X and the 30-40 second load times had me uninstalling pretty quickly. Accelerated load time is the feature that’s causing my normal patience in upgrading to be in danger.

highme
May 25, 2001

I tried to play Outriders for a couple of nights on the One X. I don't know if it was my settings or not, but shooting is garbage. I'm a potato, but I was playing on easy and everything was just bad. I might play with friends if they suggest but not going out of my way to push it.

highme
May 25, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

Xbox just settled a drift case out of court like last month.

Any info on this? A quick Google just gave me a bunch of articles about how MS wants to force arbitration from February.

highme
May 25, 2001

Blue Raider posted:

I agree in principle, but I expect a limited shelf life from a 60 dollar toy.

It kind of sucks that’s how it works, but I accept it. At least Xbox controllers aren’t saddled with dedicated internal batteries.

I expect a little longer shelf life for my $150 toy. I'd fixed the shoulder buttons a couple of times because I'm a moron that kept dropping it, but once the drift hit it became useless.

highme
May 25, 2001

Started playing GTAV online again in the past couple of weeks, and apparently the trick my friend would use to clear out the server (change NAT settings while in a lobby or something similar) no longer works. Does anybody here know if there's a way to get a semi-private lobby? loving around with friends is a great time, but having a bunch of poopsockers in jet bikes just gently caress with us is not so great.

John F Bennett posted:

I've started playing State of Decay 2, so far I'm having a good time.

The recent updates have made it so I get motion sickness almost immediately in that game. Which sucks because it's good a time to just drop into a friends game, smash some zombs and dip out in 30 minutes.

highme
May 25, 2001

Party Animals looks like it’s gonna be a bunch of stupid fun.

highme
May 25, 2001

Shredders had some of the most realistic looking snowboarding I’ve seen in a video game. I will definitely be getting high and riding powder.

highme
May 25, 2001

Nuts and Gum posted:

I've been getting into steep recently, but have been craving a much more paired down focused snow sports game, so Shredders looks perfect for that.

Ubi's follow-up to Steep, the horribly named Riders Republic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmQoB1YbMi0
has some really awesome looking mountain biking, but the scope looks way too big to have really polished ski/snowboarding. Hopefully I'm wrong!

I paid full price for Steep on PC, then $10 on Xbox before it hit Games Pass, though I haven’t really played much of it. If Riders Republic isn’t a Day 1 games pass game, I’ll likely be buying it. That looks pretty drat fun, aside from the wingsuits, I don’t like having to do that poo poo to unlock snowboard regions.

highme
May 25, 2001

LODGE NORTH posted:

My local GameStop is going to have 4 Xs and 2 Ss, but I'm preparing myself for disappointment. I swung by around 9PM and no one was waiting, so I'm not sure how eager people are. I plan on getting there around 9AM (open at 11) and seeing what the scene is.

I got a One X for pennies a few years ago, I'll probably trade that in for the quick $250, no hassle. A Series X at $250 sounds way more attractive.

Didn’t realize the One X was getting almost what I paid for it in trade in value. I’d be inclined to an early morning sidewalk nap if that was close by.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Most people just want to watch Netflix or whatever instead of pirated Anime.

I have a couple of cheap TCL TVs with Roku embedded. The last one we bought for a 42” bedroom TV is absolutely dogshit as a streaming platform, Netflix especially. The other one is great and works way better than my other options (Xfintity thing and Chromecast) on that TV.

highme fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jun 16, 2021

highme
May 25, 2001

Evil Badman posted:

Thank God TCL doesn't do the bullshit above though, holy poo poo.

Never realized buying the cheapest panels at Target would actually be beneficial, but here we are.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Nah, they’ll bundle Xcloud into TVs

this sound amazing

highme
May 25, 2001

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

If it was a food it would be a ham sandwich. And some goons would take one bite then stumble away dramatically, claiming it was the foulest dish ever made, inedible, a pile of rat poison.

And Scott Walker would have it every day for lunch?

highme
May 25, 2001

I pre-installed Dark Alliance based solely on the fact it looks like a good way to get lovely with friends during lockdown and is on Games Pass. If it sucks I will complete about 5% of it, just like any other game

highme
May 25, 2001

Arcsech posted:

Not yet.

I just tried it on iOS though. Seemed fine for Into the Gungeon, which is a very fast-paced game, but it seemed quite responsive.

Then I tried Sea of Thieves and got like 1.5 seconds of latency.

Also every time I’ve tried it the sound has been hosed up and crackly.

I played a little bit of Pillars of Eternity II on cloud yesterday. I played it locally for a bit and enjoyed it, but the load times on my One X were unbearable. Playing it on the cloud was a night and day difference and it made me feel like one of the cool kids who has a Series X. I jumped right in from where my save point was locally, but then I realized I had no idea what was going on anymore and gave up after a little bit.

It’s definitely something I’ll use for single player games like that. Having to switch my controller between the PC and Xbox is a bit annoying, though I have a free Stadia controller I can use plugged in (allegedly I didn’t try) that would be fine. I’m also not sure how party audio is going to work. I can connect my TB700s to my computer via Bluetooth, but the mic doesn’t work.

I haven’t checked, but hopefully Golf With Friends makes it to the cloud. I’ve played a bunch of that over the last year, and there were always more friends that wanted to play, but don’t have consoles.

highme
May 25, 2001

Roman posted:

It's a given that anyone who posts on here should get the X

The S is for your kid who only plays warzone/fornite etc. or normies who will play like one game and nothing else

At launch I was talking with my friend & her brother in law about the differences between the S & X (and why neither of them wants the S). This guy, a Gamer and a Streamer, said "I'll just get the S because I never expect to have a 4k TV" and my friend & his wife replied in unison "all of our TVs are 4k". I don't suggest watching his streams.

highme
May 25, 2001

I played a TL for a few hours earlier and yeah that UI suuuuuuuuuucks. I’m a big fan of the left stick swapping what screen you’re looking at and changing with the slightest left or right movement on the sticks. Between that and having to squint from to read anything from across the room (10-12’ tops) it’s just more work than it’s worth.

highme
May 25, 2001

Laserface posted:

it might've been fine if it was half as long as it is but doubled up with the hang-timer on the tutorial popups its a joke.

I forgot to add this, holy gently caress is that 3x as long as it needs to be.

highme
May 25, 2001

I'll install Skate and probably not play it, similar to Skate 3, just so EA sees another install and gets us Skate 4.

highme
May 25, 2001

Evil Badman posted:

Holy poo poo, they got the band to make the game?

That’s 3-oh-3, slightly different than 311.

Laserface posted:

sweet drifts/jumps/crashes in cars too

Kick ball and run is good too

highme
May 25, 2001

barnold posted:

skatebirb is cute for like 15 minutes but yeah I don't even feel like completing the rest of the first level let alone the entire game. they needed to go a little more Goat Simulator and a little less THPS because that skating gameplay loving suuuuuuuucks. everything makes you fall off the board and it's super tedious

Yeah, I’m kinda bummed by it. Installed it last night and opened it up after a nice bong hit. My raven with a beanie and a dookie gold rope was looking fly, the music was perfect, then I started skating and 15 minutes later I was trying out Aragami 2.

Speaking of which, that has potential for a fun as hell coop adventure. I only played through the prologue to check if it would be fun for my coop partner and when I told her you could knock people out, then throw them off a bridgehead replied “ohhh those are things I like.”

highme
May 25, 2001

I’ve got a handful of hours into Far Cry 6 and it’s exactly what I expected. I’m shooting mans in some big rear end map on coop. My copy was only $30* because my bff and I have each other’s consoles as our alternate to share games.

* she hasn’t worked since feb 2020 so I paid for her share too, as well as 2 years of game pass.

highme
May 25, 2001

Blue Raider posted:

I have these too. They work very well.

I also have these and they are great.

highme
May 25, 2001

Anybody tried multiplayer on cloud based Game Pass games? Getting set up for some Extra Life streaming and a friend’s wife wants to join in on our Golf With Friends shenanigans. I know that game is available on cloud, and I can’t see a reason to play without your friends, so I’m hoping MP is supported. Otherwise we may need to scrounge a One S from somewhere.

highme
May 25, 2001

bushisms.txt posted:

I did gears 5 coop just a few days ago via phone cloud, worked perfectly almost until the end when the connection got a little loose at times, resulting in input delay, but never when it mattered.

Just checked golf with friends even has touch controls.

I got a notification about touch controls that led me down this train of thought, but apparently skipped over that. I’m gonna test drive on my phone to see how it plays.

highme
May 25, 2001

Are these LED brightness settings available for us plebes on older hardware (one x)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

Anyone else grab Riders Republic yet? I’m still trying to dial my preferred control scheme as they start you off using the face buttons for rotation and it’s the least intuitive way I’ve pretended to ride a snowboard.