Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

veni veni veni posted:

3. Why is there a bunch of stuff on my list of owned games that I never bought? I think my Gold membership lapsed maybe a month after PS4 came out and that was very shortly after they started the free monthly games. I have Master Chief collection, Watch_Dogs, Some Assassins Creed games, Dead Rising, Gears...then a handful of stuff I've never even heard of and more. And it appears I own them outright, except gears which is some sort of "play now buy later" thing. I'm not complaining, but it doesn't make any sense. All in all theres probably 15 games I never bought in my on demand list. The system was wiped and I used my old login, so it wouldn't be related to the previous owner I don't think? Did MS just give some poo poo out for free while I wasn't using my account? The whole thing is really weird. Hope I didn't get hacked at some point.

On the same screen where you can see which games are available for installation, already installed et.c. there should be a meny called "subscriptions" or something that lists your current subscriptions. It sounds like you might have an active EA Access subscription.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
The Xbox One Elite Controller comes with a braided usb cable that makes a much better connection to the controller than the charge pack you can buy from gamestop.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

TheScott2K posted:

If you spend Elite money for the privilege of having a wire you're dumb as gently caress

It's a good controller. The cord is very sturdy, you can hang the controller from it without it detaching.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Sakurazuka posted:

Hang it, make it into a noose...

im doing the carradine with it right now!

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

veni veni veni posted:

Lets face it, probably not a single one of us on these forums is good enough at games for wired/vs wireless to actually matter and plugging things in sucks.

The difference in wired and wireless is like night and day. It's not even possible to play, for example, Geometry Wars in wireless mode, the aim just lags so much. It might not be noticeable if you have only used a wireless controller, but plug one in and compare them together and it will be immediately obvious.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
I have pre-ordered the Xbox One X and am looking forward to playing games on it. I have a surround system at home and PC really sucks for this, the xbox I just connect the cable and my receiver goes into DTS mode automatically, amazing.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

doingitwrong posted:

I played and enjoyed the hour and nearly bought in but there were enough crashes in my demo time that I waited. Word on the street is that it's still incredibly crash-prone and has a lot of stability and lag problems, with servers disappearing, infinite login loops etc. So I'm going to wait longer to see if they can get it to the point that I'm not paying $35 for a pre-alpha early access experience.

I bought the game when it was released and never got passed one of the late game bosses as the game crashed 100% of the time when you beat him. Cool game though.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Adaptabullshit posted:

Share something with us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?CrapgamerReviews This dude is one of my fav Microsoft fanboys.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CrapgamerReviews

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Why are Xbox One patches so large anyway? I heard that the 360 supported delta patching (the PS3 did not but the PS4 does?) but why doesn't the Xbone?
It must have been a decision they took, so what is the reason? Is it just more work to create those kind of patches?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

univbee posted:

It's definitely a strange omission. They either did it for performance reasons and it made sense to them with the always-online setup, or it was something they couldn't implement due to having to shift efforts to removing the DRM scheme (they had to kind-of hack their own console).

It seems like their resource online for game content has the game's individual files in it and the XB1 just re-downloads any of these individual files it sees as having been updated. This is why there's been the odd incident where an entire game redownloads for no reason, it's like whoever prepped the files for online distribution did it in a way where every file got manipulated in a way that made it look to XB1's like they had been updated.

While the PS4 is less bad patch size-wise it's still pretty bad; you still have a lot of games with forced large patches, and it doesn't seem like delta patches are a guarantee on PS4, I think some titles don't bother prepping them and just have you redownload the resources anyway, it looks like Overwatch at least does this on both consoles, to the point where basically the entire game gets redownloaded so the disc is really just a transferrable physical license key and nothing else (you can't play the game offline so that redownload is happening if you want to play the game at all).

And the PS4 doesn't have proper 4K assets at this time. All PS4's get the same patches, and the various "PS4 Pro" patches have been like 100 megs and basically just "detect if this is a PS4 Pro, if yes run with these visual settings instead"-tier patches. In all honesty the PS4 Pro likely doesn't have enough system resources to handle proper 4K textures (it may have the wrong RAM), although if a game wanted to rig something up my guess is they'd make this an optional free DLC pack to keep things simple (this is already done with a few games for other types of optional assets; Horizon: Zero Dawn has a free DLC pack for Spanish audio because the retail disc was completely full without it, and a few games on Vita have DLC packs for things like Japanese/French audio and even higher quality assets, again usually as a simple workaround for the carts maxing out at 4 gigs).

Thank you for the explanation, I was hoping it would be you who answered :)

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Has anyone tried Just Cause 3 on the Xbox One X? It has a lot of slowdowns and lag on the regular bone, wonder if it is "fixed".

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

BrownieVK posted:

Let's get away from this VR derail. No this game somehow still runs like absolute poo poo. I really like this game but I remember returning it after trying it on the OG bone. I swear it would dip into the single digits for framerate.
The more I try to play a game on my Xbone upstairs the more of a massive difference I notice from the Xbonx on my 4k panel downstairs. Everything just loads faster and looks awesome. Games "feel" more responsive too but that could be placebo.
If the rumors about mechassault coming back are true I will poo poo my pants that game loving owned on Xbox. When does the Horizon 3 4k patch come out?

Wait, so is it running better or worse on the Xbox One X?
First you say: "No this game somehow still runs like absolute poo poo."
But then you say: "Everything just loads faster and looks awesome."

And I can answer the Forza Horizon 3 question: January 15th

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

TheScott2K posted:

JC3 running like dogshit is one of my biggest disappointments of this gen. JC2 is such a magical game.

It was such a big letdown, I think pretty much everything in the game is either worse or less fun than in JC2. JC2 had so many hidden spots where you could play around, the jet boat conveniently parked by the small islands that are perfect for jumping a boat. The civilian airport that had nothing but planes taking off enabling an almost infinite amount of cool tricks and stunts. The sky party boat thing. The completely unmarked very long off-road track featuring huge wooden ramps to jump off out in the desert. The different kinds of military airports that didn't have 8 SAM sites surrounding them with planes taking off and landing.

Pretty much everything in JC2 is there for you to have fun and come up with your own tricks and stunts, the main game is just a side thing to unlock everything. The exploration and playing around is what is fun. In JC3 the game is everything, you're there to Blow poo poo Up and take screenshots while doing it. Super boring, really lovely missions. The humor went from campy-bad to just plain bad.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Nutsak posted:

I discovered this with Forza Motorsport 7. Yeeeeaaaaah. There's no "Are you sure?" prompt either, just straight up punishment for daring to cancel an update.

When you cancel an update for a DLC/expansion it says that this will delete the expansion from the disk and give you an option to cancel. Pretty weird this check wouldn't exist when cancelling a base game update.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Ineffiable posted:

I feel like this is some artifact/glitch from the original plan of Xbox being an always online console.

Why would anyone want to delete/stop updates is what they were thinking.

I have to be honest, I did not believe that it was the case that it deleted the game without asking if you cancelled a game update since it doesn't do that when cancelling an update for a DLC. But I tested it last night and it is true, if you cancel a game update it straight up deletes the game without any prompt.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Akuma posted:

Does it actually delete it completely? If you try to reinstall it does it start over completely?

Good question, I only waited like 1 minute before cancelling it and I never checked if it resumed or started all over. All I actually noticed was that it immediately cancelled without any prompt while doing the same for DLC gives you a prompt that says that cancelling the update/installation will delete it.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Mung Dynasty posted:

RDR just got a 4K update for the world's most powerful console.

Thanks for the heads up! Forgot how clunky everything feels but I'm still enjoying it again, hopefully I will finish it but I can remember some of the later missions being quite annoying so we'll see.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

zenintrude posted:

Bonnie's missions are the worst, though... no amount of auto aim fixes that garbage.

Preach! There are so many non-shooting missions, horse races, carriage races, cow herding, horse herding, the insta-fail hostage missions and so on but I just can't stop playing, so much poo poo to collect and unlock.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Beastie posted:

How’s Just Cause 3 on the One X?

The loadtimes are much better but the FPS still lags during big explosions.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Tsietisin posted:

Which one was the "Massive damage" one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtB4pbojEfk&t=3205s

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 7, 2018

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

I think this is really cool and something that has been missing from gaming. There are a lot of disabled and/or semi-disabled people out there that would like to play games but can't due to the design of current controllers. You can also use this controller with a PC so hopefully it will work with other games. I know for example that the Farming Simulator series have a lot of disabled players.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

just cause 2 was the best gta-ish open world game since san andreas, and a better game of that type has not come out since. it was absolutely fuckin fantastic for just blindly loving about. sometimes i'd go on hours-long roadtrips, sometimes i'd see what kind of idiocy i could get up to tethering carious vehicles together, sometimes i'd try hijacking airplanes from other airplanes.

maybe it could've used a better campaign structure, and i do wish that blowing up military installations lessened the military's ability to deal with you because losing them was so irritating, but for just random pointless fun it's still unparalleled. shame that jc3 was...poor. avalanche did say they know what they got wrong in jc3 though so i'm (very cautiously) optimistic that jc4 will be good.

Me and my friends would spend hours smoking weed and doing all kinds of poo poo in jc2. Towing every kind of vehicle behind every kind of plane, jumping the speedboats, tethering the AI controlled "737s" by the airport to the ground as they take off, towing cars behind AI planes, the ski slope, the peak, the unmarked huge dirt track out in the desert, the bayou with speedboats....man jc3 sucked so bad compared to jc2. Hope they learned their lesson and not make it a singleplayer grind and chore to unlock the fun stuff.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Shoutouts to Xbox Ambassador for making people actually talk about the Xbox in the Xbox thread.
Going to be an awesome autumn, I've pre-ordered Fallout 76, Assassins Creed, Just Cause 4 and Red Dead Redemption 2. Can't wait to explore the wasteland with my xbox friends.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

univbee posted:

It gets Xbox Ambassador to post more, in service of the Xbox One X thread, and keeping this thread active.

You're welcome.

Actually its annoying as gently caress for any normal person that comes into this thread looking to read about the best console, the Xbox One.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Xbox Ambassador posted:

In other news, I guess they are saving the V2 elite controller for Scarlett because they are releasing a nice looking white one soon if the V1 version which I think I’ll pick up for the shooters coming out this fall

Oh poo poo there's a new version of the Elite controller coming out? It's my favorite controller ever, the surface is great for sweaty hands and its really, really heavy. My favorite feature must be that it comes with a long, braided, USB cable so you don't have to experience the lag you get with wireless controllers.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Pewdiepie posted:

Add me. GT chizmack.

https://twitter.com/chizmack

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Agoat posted:

I got to play with an elite controller today. I like it.

It's extremely good and totally worth the money. It has better grip than a regular controller, better buttons, it is much heavier and best of all: It comes with a braided cable that you can connect to the controller to have a wired controller without having to buy a separate "charging pack".

It also comes with special buttons on the back you can configure to work as any face button and 3 different types of "caps" for the analog sticks. It is by far the best controller I have ever used. I've had mine since they were released and it still works flawlessly.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Zat posted:

This always cracks me up, I mean when someone says this is the best feature of the Elite controller, which is like 3 times the price of a normal one. Literally any micro-USB to USB-A cable that can transmit data will turn any Xbox One controller into a wired one; you don't need the official charging cable. USB cables are cheap.

You need to buy a separate charging pack to be able to use a USB cable with a regular controller, it doesn't come with a USB connection by default. And the USB cable is very long and of good quality, it is a nice feature.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Yeah I misrembered, my bad. Let it all out people, let me have it. I liked the wrong usb cable.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Monday_ posted:

The duke is absolute trash that I hated from the moment I touched it. I could pull off 1,000,000 point combos in Tony Hawk 3 on PS2 but could barely break 1,000 in 2X because of that piece of poo poo.

Lol exactly the same. I visited a friend one summer and told him I would school him in tony hawk and when I arrived he had a loving xbox, not a ps2. The shame as I sat on his couch struggling to do even the most basic tricks. And I am really tall and have big hands.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Wheany posted:

I know this isn't what you asked for, but since it's a racing game, I want to mention Wreckfest. Judging from videos it actually looks kind of fun (the early access was like "ok, but where's the game?"). It's should be out on consoles in a month or two, iirc.

Wreckfest is ruined by the AI which does nothing to try and win the race but everything to stop you from even finishing a single race. It's less of a racing game and more of a demolition derby game. I liked it for what it is though and beat it all on PC, it's a fun game but not as a racing game, at least not against the AI.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

njsykora posted:

I don't know if they patched that but you could absolutely drive across the entire lake at launch.

You are probably misremembering, you could drive across a bit of water to get to one of the islands but you have never been able to drive across the entire lake in any season except winter.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Forza Horizon 5 is amazing. Don't forget to enable performance mode so you get the 60fps. That is all.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

enojy posted:

The challenges, seasonal achievements whatever, all seem way too picky. I guess I don't know what a "truck" is. Some of them are ridiculously hard without really warning you until you've already driven across the country and entered the championship. Like your opponents beating your lap time on a shorter rally circuit by ~10 seconds hard. Lots of time wasted in this dept. but ultimately, I'm still having a blast with all the wasted driving.

The seasonal challenges are usually quite hard. For the championships the difficulty is locked to Highly Skilled and some of the speed-zones can be quite tricky. This season you have the "Raining sideways" classic muscle championship that is really hard to beat. It doesn't help that the AI in FH5 get more "boosts" than they did in 4. Sometimes restarting the race will make the AI easier to beat, it can be really frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
the PS5 looks like a dildo re-charging station