Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Seriously, why should I buy an Xbox Series X if I already have an Xbox One X and a decent gaming PC?

There are going to be next to zero console exclusives for it - just multiplatform titles.

The PS5 has already shown it's going to have terrific exclusives, and I'll even try to pre-order one if I can.

Convince me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Microsoft will get their rear end kicked if they price Xbox Series X at $599.

I mean, rear end kicked worse.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

The disc drive is only there in case I want to watch UHD Blu-rays; I'm not going to keep obsolete consoles in my entertainment center.

I haven't bought a game on physical media in a decade, and I'm still gonna buy a PS5 with disc player.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

XtraSmiley posted:

It's so interesting to me the Xbone and PS threads where people debate and discuss which console to buy.

I mean it's 2020, don't adults just buy both of them at this point? I mean, I'm not rich but I usually just get all the consoles as it's not that much money. Am I the only one who does this?

Maybe at the launch where they are $600 each, I can def say holding off, but we're at the end of the consoles life cycle, both systems would be under $500 at this point, why wouldn't you grab them both?

I'm not calling you rich and/or entitled but roughly 28% of American renters haven't paid rent for the last three months and are facing imminent eviction.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

LOL

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

"THOSE people"

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

LOL how the gently caress does their main system-selling exclusive tentpole flagship game look like so much rear end?

Jesus Christ, Microsoft.

Next generation console war is already over before they even go on sale.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Hi to any Microsoft or 343 employees reading this thread!

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Is Halo Infinite going to release on PC also, or are they genuinely thinking that it will be a system-seller?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Will Master Chief Collection even be completed before Halo Infinite is released?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

First Xbox (the gigantic one with Duke controllers) was loving revolutionary and brilliant. Not only was it amazing hardware (it had an nVidia GPU and a hard drive) but it had incredible buy-in from Japanese devs. Besides Halo (which *was* excellent) I remember really interesting games like Gunvalkyrie and Panzer Dragon Orta. OG Xbox invented Xbox Live and talking with your fellow gamers.

Everything Microsoft has done since then console-wise has only been worse and worse. The first Xbox One was loving garbage. Now they just don't have any good exclusive games.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

punk rebel ecks posted:

Microsoft is transforming Xbox to a service instead of a traditional console. Everyone who is subscribed to Gamepass/Xbox Live is their primary audience. They want to be the Netflix for gaming. The real money in being a platform holder is in services and royalty.

Uh yeah I don't give a flying gently caress about all of that. Do you think the average gamer's primary concern is: "how do I help make Microsoft more money?"

I just want to play great video games. I play my fair share of just decent video games too, but if literally all I had access to was "okay" games I would cancel the "service".

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

The Onion is getting in on making GBS threads on Halo Infinite's graphics:

"The muddy textures, flat lighting, and distracting LOD served as an impressive showcase for Microsoft’s latest console the Xbox 360."

https://ogn.theonion.com/everything-we-learned-from-the-new-halo-infinite-game-1844498119

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Sorry I'm just trying to figure this out as a foreigner.

Americans are incredibly dumb.

Hope that helps!

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Digital Foundry YouTube video on Halo Infinite's visuals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnQd6W9BxLg

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

ethanol posted:

Is horizon forbidden west confirmed coming out on pc?

Nope. Releasing Horizon Zero Dawn on PC a few months before the PS5 launch is likely a marketing strategy - and a terrific one. It's a fantastic and stunningly beautiful game, and likely even more so on the latest PC hardware.

If the sequel releases in 2021 I imagine many PC gamers might be willing to pick up a PS5 in order to play it. If HFW does get ported to PC it likely would not be for at least several years of PS5 exclusivity.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

What is this about the One X production being discontinued? The last I had heard they had shut down the production of the S and the SAD.

Eh they probably have a couple million sitting in retail warehouses anyway. I bet they'll still be available until the Xbox Series X launches.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I just don't think Microsoft demonstrates any kind of awareness of what next-generation gamers want with respect to games. They can scream "12 TERAFLOPS BITCHES!" all day long but that number is meaningless if all their games are multiplatform because absolutely no one is going to optimize for the hardware.

They're also arrogant and clueless. Their response to the complaints about the Halo Infinite graphics was basically "how about that music, tho?"

I can honestly say that many PS4-exclusive games have moved me on a visceral and emotional level. Those games were life experiences that I will carry with me and reflect upon.

I honestly cannot say that for a single Xbox One game.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I actually find the invective and ridicule in the responses to my thoughts that video games can be engaging and emotional experiences to be quite illuminating.

Perhaps Sony and Microsoft are targeting different kinds of people as their target demographics - Sony selecting those who might find wonder at the discoveries and reflective narrative of a game like Journey, and Microsoft targeting those who want a competitive gaming challenge and to win the chicken dinner in PUBG.

For my part, if you've never encountered an emotional response to a game then I feel sorry for you. Either you're broken inside or you started your gaming experience as a 12 year-old screaming the n-word while playing COD, or we're just playing entirely different games.

I'd be genuinely curious to see a political affiliation breakdown by console choice. I'm willing to bet money that more Trump voters own Xboxes than Playstations.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

LMAO. The whole association of Trump voters with Xbox really struck a nerve, huh?

I played the first Ori on PC, and it was a beautiful game. I have the second in my backlog. They're not Xbox exclusives though.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Also, you should play TLOU2.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Honestly probably really for the best that they're delaying Halo Infinite. I'm surprised that Microsoft was willing to take that step though.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Goddamn Microsoft has the worst loving console naming strategy.

I'm sad that they ran their business into the ground because the O.G. version was awesome.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Microsoft is dumb.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I just got a Nintendo Switch recently and I have to say Super Mario Odyssey in 1080p (or whatever it actually outputs in docked mode) looks better than most Xbox One games.

I know that's down to art direction and a visual style strongly tailored to downplaying the graphics hardware weaknesses but LOL that it's STILL going to look better than the Xbox Series S games.

Microsoft is so loving dumb.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

LOL I literally can't think of a single reason to buy an Xbox Series X now, and around six months ago I was actually hyped about it.

I'm more excited about getting new games for my Nintendo Switch.

Good job Microsoft!

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Microsoft has mastered the art of selling new hardware to nostalgic nerds who just want to keep playing their Xbox Live Arcade games at increasingly higher resolutions on their new televisions.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Well goddamnit RIP the DOOM franchise now.

There is absolutely no way Microsoft won't "manage" it into bland mediocrity.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

It is somehow so appropriately Microsoft to simultaneously offer both the best and the worst values in gaming: Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and Xbox Live Gold.

Just as they somehow had the most powerful console for the new generation with the fewest and shittiest exclusives.

Just as they somehow have the most powerful console with the shittiest and poorest performing multi-platform titles.

Just as they somehow have the most powerful and least powerful console hardware at the launch of the new generation.

Some exec there is absolutely covering their rear end so they won't get fired.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

So Xbox truly is the console of choice for white supremacists then?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

It's still going to actually get pushed to 2022, so the April Fools jokesters were just ahead of the announcement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Thom12255 posted:

I don't see why, they've got ages before the Halo 1 anniversary in November. Like, it might not be a good game but it's coming out this year on Nov 15th.

LOL