Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

I said come in! posted:

Western Washington state goons, Wal-Mart store are selling the Series S now. Their website will show availability. The Tacoma Wal-Mart is sold out so dont bother looking there.

Same in Fairfax, Va. Not interested in the S, but sure is annoying that my plan to check their site for the X at noon tomorrow just went up in smoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

What if they've finished a live service game?

What if they've finished recurrent user spending?!?

Someone at Ubisoft just had a loving stroke reading that.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

I said come in! posted:

Refreshing those, Wal-Mart, and Amazon as well. No luck. Ooh well, no big deal.

Walmart won't be up until noon EST. Nothing happened on Target, but the Microsoft Store has my order as "pending".

Gonna feel like an idiot if this comes 6 months from now, but I was mashing through the checkout process blindly.

Gonna feel like a double idiot if I believe the picture above, cancel tomorrow after snagging one from Walmart and then end up with two by accident. :cool:

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

I'm going to buy all the loving xboxes

lmao what is going on with newegg

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Could there be anything more American? :911:

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Yeah, everything in Northern Va was gone in the time it took took to refresh the page.

Same thing will probably happen with Walmart, but at least the MS order exists as a backup. Time to set Yakuza to downloading and hit the hay.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Walmart seems to be showing the stock count for Series X on their page. A whopping six at the closest store to me.

Probably just gonna fire up Yakuza when I wake up because that's gonna be gone in about half a second. I believe in you, Microsoft store.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Gone in less than a minute. Might have had it if the site didn't prompt me for my CVV. :shrug:

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

I said come in! posted:

For those that ordered the Series X on Microsoft Store last night, no updates on your order right? The more I think about that December 23rd delivery date, it doesn't make a lot of sense? Why would they have a new batch of orders up if they couldn't get them out to people this week. Unless I am missing something.

Better late than never, I suppose.

Also they're probably dealing with so many cancelled orders from people who got their Series X elsewhere that even they don't what their true stock is at the moment.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

The Series X|S Metro Exodus upgrade has been benchmarked by DF.

edit - Turns out watching a 20+ minute video means you post late

FallenGod fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 16, 2021

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Get Xbox in cart at Walmart, card denied over and over for no apparent reason.

Get a happy little ~security alert~ confirmation text from the bank several minutes later, after they're all sold out.

Sure glad you had my back there, bank. Can't imagine anyone spending a few hundred dollars around black friday.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Are the HDMI color range settings bugged on the Series X?

My monitor will auto detect what color range I'm feeding it and adjust itself between limited (16-235) and full (0-255) mode instantly on both PS5 and PC, but on here the monitor stays in full mode whether I set the Xbox to "Standard" or "PC RGB". As a result, the supposedly correct "PC RGB" setting has crushed blacks and "Standard" looks perfect instead of washed out. :goofy:

Not a huge deal if you try the same game on both consoles (Hunt: Showdown is tons of fun) and notice the problem, but I'm betting a whole lot of people have hosed up settings as a result.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

I haven't played Tarkov, but Hunt: Showdown frequently gets compared positively to that game and is a blast to play. It doesn't have a next gen client, but it does have a 60 fps patch and console crossplay.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

I'm not sure how I was expecting Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice to end, but:

https://twitter.com/joshcarlosjosh/status/1423668285837504514?lang=en

certainly wasn't it.

Sucks to be a mentally ill woman in medieval times. Sure, your dad blamed all the ills of the village on your similarly afflicted mother, murdered her once she got tired of his abuse to placate the gods and was gearing up to do the same to you. But hey, check this out: this one village boy isn't a misogynistic poo poo and wants to build a life with you!

Time for some touching teenage lov...oops, he got blood eagled by vikings when they destroyed your whole village. Life is awful and everyone dies someday, battle your grief metaphorically *roll credits*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Twerk from Home posted:

I'm pretty sure that you can't just compare mAh between different battery chemistries, because lithium-ion batteries run from about 3.7 to 4.2V, and AAs are 1.5v for alkaline or 1.2V for rechargeable.

That would mean that a 1000mAh lithium ion battery would have 50% more watt-hours in it than a 2000mAh rechargeable AA, I think.

Is that lower voltage an issue for an Xbox controller? I would assume no, since a brief google says they maintain ~1.2v from full until dead while alkaline trail off to <0.9v as they run.