Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Is there any estimate on the release of the next gen Xbox?

I already have an Xbox one s, and was thinking of buying another s or a one x for the kids rumpus some time this year. If the next console is due early next year though I might hold off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I want to be able to customise the startup back to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1ebJZUOtL8

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I’ve got a weird hankering for a jrpg. I literally have not played one for more than half an hour since ffvii

any good recommendations on game pass?

(Not kh3)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i got forza 3 horizon when i bought my xbox one s 2 years or so ago and i finally played it the other day.

it's kinda fun?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

They could have made way more money by releasing the remasters individually.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

And then released MCC on the next gen as well.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I liked the untitled goose game secret achievements because a lot of them were things that came naturally to me during play.

when I realised what the secret achievements were like it was easy to work out most of the others just by loving around and having fun.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh man I was going to install it because I wanted dog fighting to scratch the space fighter itch as well.

Hmm I’ll probably still give it a crack, as I’ll now be going in with lowered expectations it might seem alright.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

q2dm1 me

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Thirding subnautica as a tops game.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Do monster cables still exist?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Forza horizon 4 isn’t grabbing me as much as 3 did

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I love my one of these https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B00EADTVLW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_C2HMEbN4WBRG3

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Pounded by GamePass pricing

By Chuck Tingle

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

It’s called Bloomin Edge in Australia

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I had a lovely D-Link router that had it’s ethernet ports all die after a power surge. Wifi still worked fine.

Everything else in the house was okay so it was really weird for that one device to be affected in that particular way.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ethanol posted:

halo has a way better story, better vehicles, and infinitely better pvp

destiny 2's shooting is pretty on point tho, and theres much more pve content and the mmo aspects can be fun

Yeah, ethanol gets it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I never played ODST until I got the collection recently, and I’d rather play Halo 1.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I went back and tried to play Halo 1 with my wife and quickly gave up because we got turned around and didn't know where to go. It's pretty remarkable how hand holdy new games are compared to "older" games. I never had that issue when I first played it but I've gotten old and I wonder if my sense of spatial awareness in 3D worlds has lessened because I always just rely on an objective arrow now?

on my recent replay i had this trouble with those loving round rooms that all look the same on either side of the big bridge, and the swamp when you first come out from finding the flood. i can't remember what those levels are called, but gently caress them both.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

the second is guilty spark i think.. i think the other one is assault on control room which has some really rad outdoor stuff, it's just a couple of the indoor areas really loving suck until i realised there were arrows or something on the ground.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'd prefer a forza horizon personally, but that's not terrible.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Intel&Sebastian posted:

2) The cycle of gameplay puts me into a trance and makes me fall asleep

uhh it sounds like the game bores you.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

Quick question, I have a 500gig SSD I’m gonna pull out of my PC is it worth it to put it in my X to replace the 500gig spinning one?

I have quite a few downloaded games ( Jesus 500 gigs is nothing) so I have to imagine it would help some right?

Also how easy is it? I assume I lose everything on there but I can download it again no issue.

it might be infinitely easier to just put that ssd in an external usb 3 enclosure and save yourself a lot of effort.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

Ok holy poo poo I though the HD in the X was on a tray but gently caress that! I’ll just get the external case and use that.

Nah it’s a lot of loving around which sucks, but oh well.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

That is true for the original and the S.

I think the X is sata 3 which is slightly faster than USB 3 on paper, but you probably wouldn’t notice the difference in day to day usage. Also to take advantage of that would require opening up the console and loving around, and well, :effort:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'm not a fan of the big fuckoff gamepass logo on every game in my library

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

graventy posted:

I’ve played maybe two hours of this game thanks to gamepass quests. It’s ok, but I would never have played it otherwise.

same. my son and i hosed around with it one arvo, and without gamepass never would have. but i also wont be buying it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ruffian Price posted:

now where are the games

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

kecske posted:

isnt the idea that if you have a fat stack of liquid capital doing nothing then its preferable to drop some of it on an asset that would generate more in income than it would from dribbling in interest sitting in a bank? aiming to recoup 100% of a $2.5b outlay on a videogame license is insanity

i dunno i think maybe the video game console enthusiasts know business better than the people making decisions at a 1 trillion dollar company.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Stux posted:

ur right thats why we all love kinect and rrod didnt happen

ahh yes, two very important business decisions regarding microsoft's offshore fund and tax minimisation.

thanks for proving my point.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

investigating...?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Seedge posted:

Play Streets Of Rage 4.

but play it with someone. it's much better co-op than single player.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Stux posted:

youre the one appealing to "but a big company couldnt POSSIBLY do something wrong or stupid" not me dont get upset when people point out ways the specific company has been stupid previously

but I’m not upset? nor am I saying big business can do no wrong. nice straw man.

my point was that it’s dumb for us to argue with any real certainty about what was or wasn’t a good business move regarding acquisitions, profit and loss, tax, etc.

pointing out what were totally dumb console related decisions isn’t even in the same ball park.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

wow. were you mashing refresh like crazy for my response?

lol, no i never said don't comment on them. i said it's dumb to argue about them with any real certainty.

again you're just plain making poo poo up.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

look at these poor pieces of poo poo with one screen, get outta here if you aren't playing the death stranding pc release while posting 24/7

less posting more playing

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Stux posted:

everyone list the ways buying minecraft was or was not a good business decision ill start

good:

ahh i love lego
a few dollers selling capes or whatever probably

bad:

$2.5 billion in initial outlay alone hahaha
i bet the mojang devs get paid a lot for what is a $7 mobile title
microsoft doesnt understand monetization
as a business scientist i declare it was objectively a bad move

thoughts?

yeaaah, i was the one getting upset about this.

i think you need a screen timeout.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lol.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh yeah totally. you sure showed me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

yeah you should probably try to improve at streets of rage tbh i agree

i'm pretty sure the scoreboard showed i raged in the streets the hardest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

we agreed you can't quantify rage and the game is foolish to try

we did too. i think you put that suggestion forward.