Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Battletoads seems ok, but I'm no beat 'em up expert. The enemies seem to have obvious tells you can dodge.

Humor seems hit or miss. One's voiced by a guy who does a bunch of voices of Rick and Morty so whenever he talks I think about that time he is a couch man who orders a phone while sitting on a man shaped like a chair. Another's voiced by Mr. Terrific from Arrow.

I just played it to unlock ship parts in Sea of Thieves. Maybe I'll play more? Maybe not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Stan Taylor posted:

Does battletoads have online coop?

I don't see anything for it :/

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
So I'm thinking about getting back into the console game after sitting this gen out. Is there an accounts page somewhere where I can see what digital 360/XBLA games I own?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I think you just look it up in your microsoft account under purchases, granted I'm not sure how far back it goes.

Purchases just had me buying Xbox points, not what I spent them on.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

hatty posted:

You used to be able to see what you own but now the page just tells me to install the Xbox app and the Xbox app tells me nothing

Yeah the Games I Own page is blank (I have PC Gamepass). I guess I can just look at my cheevos.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

bushisms.txt posted:

I have been playing single player, which is really lovely, but got griefed today. Wasn't too bad, taught me how superfluous the loot is, but it sucked. They do have an anti griefing system to move your boat, but, I'm not sure how it works yet. I did learn some evasion tactics and should've just picked up early but wanted to fight because it was the last island on my quest and got out numbered. The smaller sloop is faster than the big ships so you can fight them off if you're good. All about that chain shot. I'm playing the game whenever i can, so if you need a first mate just holler.

The Discord is a good place to be: https://discord.gg/Meb9paFq

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Stux posted:

the writing in donut county is good, cool characters, love to hit the duck button ont he phone a lot.

Having it on the iPhone is good cause you get a sticker pack that includes the Duck button, the Have a Garbage Day logo and a racoon with a laptop on the toilet.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

while i do love this hysteria around a sega buyout continuing there's been specific comments on kiryu not going into fighting games before from toshihiro nagoshi as it'd end up with kiryu hitting women

Make it so if he’s put up against a woman, it starts a Side Story where he helps them become a better fighter while also helping them with a quirky personal problem.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I was able to order an All Access bundle from WalMart. I'm a current PC Gamepass guy. Is there a list of games that'll have my saves carry over?

Most important are my Yakuzas and Dragon Quest, I guess.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

univbee posted:

Yakuza should. I'm guessing Dragon Quest probably will too but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Talking about Yakuza 0 in particular. The PC version is called "Yakuza 0 for Windows 10" and isn't listed as Play Anywhere.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

The Grey posted:

Does EA Play PC have any games that aren't already on EA Play Xbox?

SimCity 2000, baby!

Edit: maybe not. Might have gotten it from an earlier promotion.

GigaPeon fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Mar 19, 2021

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Wordicuffs posted:

Spotify doesn't have all podcasts and won't allow podcasts on it's platform that contain copyrighted music (or at least primarily copyrighted music). Xbox also has some other apps like Deezer/Tidal? and maybe some other things.

But duel-connection is the way to go for headsets so you can use Discord and take phone calls.

Has anyone who has the new Xbox headset tried listening to music with bluetooth without using the Xbox? Does turning it on to connect to your phone turn on the Xbox? Does the Xbox going to sleep put the headset to sleep if it's just on bluetooth? I heard that was an issue with the Turtle Beach headset.

There's a third party Discord app on the XBox store called Quarrel. It works... sometimes...

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

BonoMan posted:

Our work actually uses Discord b/c it's free.

It's totally fine. Some annoyances when used organizationally (like having to friend people in your org already just to DM them) but most are minor.

I always figured that Discord could make a tidy sum if they invested in some enterprise features.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

acksplode posted:

That would be Slack, and they already have a good grip on that territory. Discord began as a consumer-oriented imitation of Slack, they're not trying to sell a productivity app to companies

I realize that. My work was late on the Slack bandwagon and by the time we were using it I was like "This is a worse version of Discord."

It just feels like saying "This is Slack... but for GAMERZZZZZ" is kinda an arbitrary limit. It's a solid messaging product for lots of folks.

...which might be why it's got a reputation as a cesspool of hate

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
What's the best way to share a clip you've saved on Xbox Live to Discord? Or I guess I just really want a straight up Hyperlink.

I found this shady site but it plays an one minute ad in front of 30 second clips https://xboxclips.co/

GigaPeon fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 25, 2021

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

highme posted:

Saved clips are available to download from the mobile Xbox app.

Yeah that gets it onto my phone... but then do I have to upload it back onto Youtube to share it?

The Xbox app lets you share it to Instagram and Facebook, but that's not what I want to do.

Hulk Krogan posted:

https://gamerdvr.com Has always worked well for me, and it lets you export into imgur's gif maker.

Nice. Looks like the one I found but a lot less shady. Thanks.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

joylessdivision posted:

If you're using a Win10 PC, you can use the Xbox app to download the video directly to your computer.

But that doesn't get it to where other people can see it as Discord limits uploads to like 10 megs or something. Based on the two sites linked so far it should be possible to just share via link. I'm just surprised there's no official Microsoft way to do that.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

John F Bennett posted:

Or just do what I do, download the video to your pc with the win10 app and then upload it to youtube if a video instead of a gif is enough. It's still a relatively quick operation.

But that's kinda silly as the videos are already uploaded to a cloud service. If I could avoid bringing it down and sending it back up, it would be neat.

That DVR site seems to do it without preroll ads, so I'm calling that "Good Enough".

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

irpoweroutlet posted:

Can’t you have clips upload to OneDrive and create a publicly accessible link?

I looked at my OneDrive and there's like one photo on there from years ago, somehow.

Also do clips and screenshots take up harddrive space? When I go to the captures area my two options are "Xbox Live" (RIP) and "In Queue".

Hulk Krogan posted:

There are plenty of ways to get your sick 360 no scope clip on the internet for other people to see, yes. The thing is that gamerdvr is by far the easiest/laziest because poo poo automatically shows up there as soon as your xbox uploads your poo poo to the cloud and then you can just link people to it.

That's my conclusion so far.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I’m bad at video games so I only use the button to show friends funny Yakuza cutscenes I could have just easily searched for on YouTube.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Watching this Indie vid, the idea of the Series S makes a lot more sense. If indies love developing for the Switch, why not make a piece of hardware that runs that kind of thing?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Does that mean it can take advantage of faster loading speeds?

Elevators replaced with trap doors.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Man I read the PC Gamer review first and got excited. Then watched that video. I hope there’s like… multiple preview builds going around or something

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Blue Raider posted:

The first Xbox was forward facing in a few ways like how it had a breakaway controller cord, internal HDD, and (unfortunately) DLC.

I don’t know how widely known this is, but I read somewhere that MS sourced disk drives from three different companies for the original. Two of the three were great, but the last company made lemon drives that were prone to making GBS threads out. I can’t remember if there’s a way to tell without cracking the system open.

I got one of the bum drives and had to source a replacement off eBay. If I recall, the pattern of the holes in the disc drive could clue you in on the model.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I guess that exclusive deal didn’t cover online lol

RDR online is also great for xcloud and looks great on my 720P screen.

Even if it’s not Gamepass, I bough RDR2 and was able to play single player using the RDR Online game on xCloud.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Exactly how many times has Nintendo done a mid generation spec bump?

DS->DSi
3DS->New 3DS

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

ultrachrist posted:

I loved Hellblade. Played it over a few nights with headphones years ago and still find it memorable. Sequel will be a day 1 play for me.

The appeal is def atmosphere, not combat. Combat wasn’t awful though.

Edit: the monsters don’t represent mental illness the whole loving point is that whatever Senua is experiencing isn’t any less ‘real’ than what someone else might. I don’t know if this is a good representation for people who share similar illnesses but the game is clearly avoiding the easy cliche.

Where's a sequel gonna even go? Like it's such a personal journey that has a tonally perfect ending.

Can anyone confirm/deny if Hades on the S|X can pull saves from other platforms like I've heard the Switch version can?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Zerot posted:

I don't think it can.

Crud, but also... Nice? Cause more Hades. And in 4K!

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Super No Vacancy posted:

hmmm not gonna play hades again from scratch then. great game but thats a lotta dialogue

I've restarted Hades a few times cause I got in in early access and wanted fresh starts when they added new stuff. Pretty painless to button mash through.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Nuts and Gum posted:

Starting it up fresh again after 170+ escape attempts on switch/pc is sort of cool, until you realize how loving slow you are and with just 1 dash to start out with Megaera is actually a challenge!

Got to Theseus and the Minotaur on my third run with still only one dash.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I got Achievement IV in Twelve Minutes. How close am I to credits? I feel I'm at the point where all the reviewers are complaining about where you're spending most of the time getting back to where you last left off.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Jolo posted:

I thought I got credits after that one. One thing I realized kinda by accident is that looking at the watch can take you right to that moment.

Oh dang. That'll save me some time, if I can figure it out.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Jolo posted:

I'm pretty sure that you can just stare at the watch for like 20 seconds and it'll work as long as you've gotten to the other scene once.

Ok, yep, I bee-lined for the watch and got another bit that lead me to credits and Achievement III. I can continue now, but now I'm in an empty apartment

Doesn't seem like I can get back to before. Am I "done"? I hear there are other endings, but I'm out of the loop.

Obligatory "How Do I know When I am Satisfied?"

GigaPeon fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Aug 23, 2021

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

American McGay posted:

I think there's 2 or 3 resolutions that trigger the credits. After you see the credits you're back to the start, so if you want to see any of the other "endings" you gotta go through the steps to unlock time travel via the watch again.

It's safe to say that once credits roll you're done, unless for some reason you're really into the game and want to see everything.

If you do roll credits though you should go back into the apartment and not touch a single button on the controller once you enter the apartment for a unique resolution and a free 100 gamer points. Since the very first time you enter the apartment you call out to your wife, it's the only scenario where you can unlock the unique ending.

Ok we must have gotten different stuff cause when I hit Continue after credits I'm in a totally empty apartment with no power or wife. The watch is in the hiding place but it's broken and I can drag the minute hand around, but it doesn't seem to do anything

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Thanks for the tips. I think I'm done with it now.

I know people were down on it, but I thought it was a nice little adventure game.

Though brace yourself for soap opera-rear end soap opera poo poo.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

The Kins posted:

Yes. Basically, it's Euro-E3.

This tweet says no new reveals or major surprises:

https://mobile.twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/1424681919837392898?s=19

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Ok, I'm good to uninstall now.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Do Redbox machines have 4K discs? Is the difference between that and streaming worth walking to the drugstore?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Is it a fun Coop time for story mode at least? I'm into comic poo poo and like explosions.

Side note, does XBox cloud recognize headsets, or do you have to sideload a discord if I'm playing with an xboxless friend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Ok, silly question. Some buddies and I booted Avengers in up in the cloud to try the coop (side note, the campaign isn't coop). We first tried using the updated Xbox app's Stream feature, but when we tried to open the dashboard to accept he invite, it opens the PC's gaming overlay which then tries to launch the game locally. Accepting the invite there tries to launch the game locally.

When you do the same thing in the old WEB cloud streaming, hitting the dashboard there properly opens the streaming xbox's dashboard. Am I missing a way to accept a friend invite when using the desktop client?