Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Haha, I just upgraded the visuals on my xboxo by... changing the TV to the right setting. I bought a nice 3D LED tv off Craigslist a few months back (not for the 3D stuff, because I looked at the reviews and they all said it had beautiful picture quality and it was $175) and I for a while I thought it was just displaying the xbox more "accurately" and that was the reason things looked a bit more pixelated.

Then I got Watch Dogs 2 (on sale for like $16.00 at Wal-Mart btw) and a lot of the UI was cut off, so I searched online and it said "check your picture settings" and low and behold when the TV's in 16:9 setting (which sounds correct, but turns out it is not) the TV will actually zoom in a bit, which throws things off. So I changed it to 'Screen Fit' and it's like a night and day jump in visual fidelity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

fishmech posted:

Yeah a lot of TVs got a lot of things that are set to do overscan for some bizarre reason without outright saying it's overscan, so you have to gently caress around with seemingly unrelated settings to get it to just show the dang image.

Yea, this one has the first option as "16:9" and well, that's what the TV is so it seems like that would be the correct option but for some strange reason that actually zooms it in slightly. "Screen Fit" sounds like the option that would be stretching and zooming the picture but that's actually the correct option.