Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

barren_sky posted:

I was just about to open up my new Xbox, but had to hesitate. I bought the Xbox Halo collection bundle, which includes MCC and Halo 5, but nowhere on the box does it say that the system has an UHD BluRay drive, which is the main reason I bought it. It just says 'play Blu Ray movies and stream 4k and HDR". Now that I look at it again, it doesn't actually say 'Xbox One S' anywhere either. Just 'Xbox One'. It sure looks like the 'S' consoles I've seen pictures of, but the lack of information on the box has me second guessing myself. So before I open it: this thing for sure has an UHD drive, right?

If you got this: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-s-halo-collection-bundle-500GB/home

Then yeah, you're good. It does UHD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Wait...the Xbox one S doesn't support Kinect? :lol: wow.

It does, but like it was said, needs a connector.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I liked using Snap when I was playing something like Madden where I didn't have to worry about too much audio or anything like that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mahoning posted:

I finally pulled the trigger on Witcher 3 Complete since it was on sale for $15. I’m a few hours in, any tips or tricks for a beginner?

Challenge everyone at Gwent everywhere you go.

I'm serious.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Using a credit card to buy stuff is a good idea, because you often get protection from the credit company and also should be getting cash-back.

Just pay the card off every month. The problem is when you charge thousands of dollars and then do the minimum payment so you'll be paying massive interest over 10 years.

Anyway, the All Access deal is a good deal.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Best Buy still has it as "coming soon" so I dunno what they're doing.

lol that I got a PS5 easier than this

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Got one from Amazon before they were gone. I would rather pick it up in person from Best Buy, so maybe that'll happen. They're still at coming soon though. Wonder what happened with them.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol as soon as Best Buy goes live they can't do poo poo

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pops Mgee posted:

all access bundle still listed as coming soon :negative:

Don't worry, as soon as you try to click it, the site says: There was a problem with your Microsoft All Access checkout.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Thanks a lot stupid Amazon for not updating my shipping so I have no idea when it's coming.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, I'm loving pissed at Amazon. Getting a preorder in and now them throwing up their hands and saying they don't know when they'll ship it is some bullshit.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

American McGay posted:

Seems like each local Target got 4 Series X in stock. They're all sold out now within 5 minutes. If you live in the boonies there might still be hope for you.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1326048261363281920

I was entering my credit card information then it kicked me out and said none were available. That's a lovely way of holding an item.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

StepDadJeff posted:

I'm afraid I'm one of the unlucky ones today. FedEx tracking is still showing it's in Memphis (showing that since Friday) yet delivering today by 8pm CST. No clue if/when it will show up, but it looks like I'll be waiting at least another day. Bummed level: 100.

At least you're not in Amazon limbo. When will mine arrive? Who knows! Maybe by the end of the year!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I keep reading all the posts about people's amazon orders coming in this weekend and I'm still in the who the gently caress knows zone.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

minya posted:

What are the chances of me being able to buy a Series S at retail price between now and Christmas? Or is that anyone's guess at this point?

Probably a decent chance. Watch out for the Black Friday ads. The S seems to be easier to get than the X.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Miching Mallecho posted:

Why won’t they just add a captcha to their sites. It can’t be that hard to add one.

:negative:

They had me do infinite captchas because I guess I dared to refresh at 3:00 until it came up.

Then I tried on the app and it kept giving me errors before saying it was sold out.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Control is amazing. And yeah, they added sliders so you can basically turn on god mode and not die if you like. It's definitely worth getting.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The GAAS of Us

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Fighting a bunch of slendermen

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

True Colors is a pretty good game, especially if you liked the first one.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I bought Chrono Cross remaster and am lost in 2000 nostalgia which I assume will wear off soon because drat this game is jankier then I remember.

Yeah I don't remember combat being that much of a slog

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm with you on not liking them. They felt like slogs. I never finished either because they just felt like they were dragging on and the story just got more and more miserable.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tayter Swift posted:

GTA Online won’t let me call my nightclub The Hacienda. No idea why.

Because it should be La Hacienda

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

butt dickus posted:

the only reason to play the game is for nostalgia where you have your buddies over to play split screen and eat pizza and drink mountain dew and smoke weed

that's exactly what i'm going to be doing

Yeah I can't imagine playing it online is gonna match the experience of playing with friends in the same room all yelling about peeking at their screen which you fervently deny while continually doing it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Has any GTA game portrayed a woman in a positive light? I can't really recall a single sympathetic female character.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lammasu posted:

Is there a thread where I can get advice on how to stream on Twitch with an Xbox? I suck at using the search funtion.

It's pretty simple but been a while since I did it. But really all you do is open the twitch app and do a quick setup then start streaming.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nuts and Gum posted:

Nah UHD discs have noticeably better picture and sound than any streaming service. I forget this every time since I don’t play discs much but it’s always a nice little surprise :D

UHD with a dolby vision TV is loving absurd for the picture quality.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Persona 5 is great but yeah it is very slow. I still say Persona 4 Golden is the best. It's still long but you get most of the crew together a lot faster.

They really are huge time sinks though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TLOU 1 is pretty good but 2 is just grimdark depressing poo poo that tries to make you feel bad about playing it and beats you over the head with "violence is bad!" even though it forces you to be violent

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Snake has already proven numerous times that the cardboard box works for infiltration.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

maybe they should table fable for awhile

Would it hurt the label if they were able to table fable?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rocksteady is pushing hard for releasing a game 10 years after their last one

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Charles Martel posted:

Imagine a world where that makes a comeback and is worth over a hundred dollars like the Rock Band instruments are now.

wait those are worth money? I've got some just sitting around that I never use

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ruffian Price posted:

All I want for Christmas is a Boosteroid subscription

You'll get Blacknut and like it

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I wouldn't pay for that game so bless GamePass

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

GamePass saves everyone once again.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ah yes, vampires with shields. Classic vampire lore.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

No space boobs or wangs though

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I usually can't get into Bethesda games but this space poo poo is right up my alley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

BonoMan posted:

That legit looked awesome. Def going that route

Yeah that was hilarious