Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Everything in Game Pass seems to be available for a loving song elsewhere, so I feel like just putting that 10bux aside every month for cheap games makes more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

CainsDescendant posted:

I've decided it's time to get a console of this generation. Is there any reason to get the xbone s or x instead of the original if I'm not really picky about super hd gaming experiences? I want the cheapest console I can get without locking myself out of any important functionality.

Get a PS4

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

It actually is though

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Just use a wireless controller, they work with bluetooth and a pair of AAs lasts for god drat ever if you turn off rumble. If you want rumble, spend 10bux on a sleeve of AAs.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Guillermus posted:

There are 3rd party xbox360 wireless dongles that work well and if you slap a pair of eneloops they will last forever, same if you go the xbone controller+eneloops

That 360 dpad though

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

If you spend Elite money for the privilege of having a wire you're dumb as gently caress

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

univbee posted:

Also I'll be the one to say it, the gently caress are you doing having issues with using a Bonetroller wired? I just hooked up a random $2 microUSB cable I found in the pile behind my chair, plugged it into my Bonetroller, and picked it up that way via the cord.

Some people are super determined to make themselves edge cases.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Syrinxx posted:

I'd prefer a remaster but this is cool news

They (r/xboxone) are going off it appearing on some xboxdvr list, but another user showed how easy it is to get pretty much anything on the 360 to show up on it, so I'm not holding my breath. MW2 online is a hackery clusterfuck anyway.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Ryse is what happens when you build a game around an E3 trailer.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I've been playing Hitman on my Xbox One and have been enjoying it very much. Six games deep into the series and it seems like they've finally made the game that matches the original pitch.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

Halo 6 campaign is going to be really embarrassing

Can't be embarrassing if they poo poo the whole thing down before Halo 6 comes out

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

That should have said "shut" but I'mma let it stand.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Chris Christie posted:

Well there's no going back now. Dropped another $91 on some cheap games on Amazon.

Sunset Overdrive
Halo 5
Gears of War Ultimate Edition
Dead Rising
Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition
Pacman Championship Edition 2

Put Halo Collection, Ezio Collection, Gears of War 4, Dead Rising 4, Rare Replay, and Minecraft Super Plus Pack & Lego Worlds (for the kid) in my wish list to wait for them to get cheap. I don't pay more than $19.99 for games. Unless it's Dark Souls or Sniper Elite at launch.

Can't wait to play some games on my XBOX One X and also conceal this frivolous waste of $600+ with taxes from the Mrs.

What the fu

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Twat McTwatterson posted:

this just in:

Ryse: Son of Rome is a loving awesome game. I was looking for something to play, didn't want to get invested into anything too lengthy and time-consuming, had bought this for like 10 bucks on a sale a couple months ago but never played it... and it was exactly what I was looking for! Short, together, fun, incredible to look at, fast, good combat, cool locations, nice story...

And seriously it's 4 years old and still looks uh jaw-dropping

What the fu

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

360 gwg is good because the games are yours forever and are actually good fairly often. Xbone gwg is bad because of the opposite.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

univbee posted:

Also if your friends are PC gamers just get a fancy graphics card instead for it and wire your PC to the living room using that fancy new HDMI technology that's all the rage.

Ugghhhhh

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

There have been cases of things disappearing from people's purchase history that they've had to solve by making a phone call. Suggest checking your gmail archive for the email confirmation when you bought it. Another possibility: maybe you got it on Steam?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Live lapsed 24 days ago, no regrets so far.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Holy poo poo they actually made a Forza Motorsport the GwG in the leadup to releasing a new one. Granted, it's The Wrong Forza, but still.

I think a lot of not-Forza-havers will be like "I'm good with this one."

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Empress Brosephine posted:

Horizon 1 is still the best imho

Truth. I'm glad they made it BC a month before delisting it.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Ubisoft doesn't want to risk highlighting the fact that all their AAA franchises are the same game.

They even figured out how to put the drone from Wildlands and Watch Underscore Dogs 2 into the new Assassin's Creed. It takes real creativity to maintain that commitment to your monogame.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Gamepass has the same problem as GwG where I could save money by just buying the games I actually want on it.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I did not win an Xbonx. My toilet won some upcoming horrors, though.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

FINALLY
*runs to closet, digs out a CD-R labelled "Xbox is Huge Memes 01/23/04 - 07/16/04"*

Xbox is, indeed, huge memes

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

When I win the Xbox One X from Taco Bell I am going to rub it in ya'lls' faces.

The tacos?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

fishmech posted:

I'm going to get an Xbox One X Xbox and continue using it primarily for YouTube and GTA Online.

Gonna LoL at the nerd rage when every GTA V patch includes more expensive multiplayer cars and no Xbonx upgrades.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

A Roccat Sova keyboard solved most of my living room PC problems but that's another ~$200 US to the equation and you still have to deal with windows on any non-steam games.

Plus justified shame

Is there any reason not to buy Crazy Taxi and Daytona USA on sale for $2.50? Any licensing horseshit there?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

The Offspring music license expired years ago so their tracks aren't in the 360 version.

I imagine I'm supposed to see that as a negative

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Convexed posted:

but now you have Spotify! :-)

[offspring] YA YA YA YA YA. [/offspring]

Some of us have Google Play Music because we can't do anything right

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Finster Dexter posted:

google play music's comes up with much better mixes than spotify for me.

The app is trash, especially for browsing playlists, but it's hard to argue with integrated cloud storage for stuff they don't have, and bonus Better YouTube.

Instant Sunrise posted:

Some of us use Zune music because we aren't cowards

I unironically love my ZuneHD and wish things had turned out differently.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

I always wanted a zune. They looked so cool.

The ZuneHD had an HD radio tuner and could sync Windows Media Center recordings. Mine always had the previous night's The Daily Show and Colbert Report on it. Zunes also generally had really good DACs and a music service that was basically a download-and-sync based Spotify precursor. The Windows Zune client was also a pretty drat good (and slick) MP3 library/player. There are people who make good poo poo who work at Microsoft. It's a shame their talents are so frequently wasted.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Instant Sunrise posted:

on the other hand it's brown

Baby Boomer found

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Ryoga posted:

I'm a shameful person who has not listened to any new music for like 10 years and just play my cds I uploaded to one drive through groove.

I got a streaming service specifically so I wouldn't become that shameful person.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Beastie posted:

Play that loving Hitman game. It is so drat good.

It seriously is. It's up there with Doom on my list of best current gen games. I wish they'd make an AssCreed in Hitman's mold.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

IO needs to strike while the iron is hot and make the Helmut Kruger game the world demands.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Adaptabullshit posted:

I preordered Xbone X, but also bought an used S (2tb model). What do I do with the S in november?

Keep it after cancelling the preorder for the X

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

RBX posted:

The S plays 4k Blu rays too I'm sure someone will buy it

People love physical media these days

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Fame Douglas posted:

But their system didn't improve anything for "people like you", except for adding new restrictions?

They were simply trying to kill the used game market.

Being able to take advantage of a good deal on a retail copy of a game without having to open up my home theater cabinet and swap discs around is an improvement for people like me. Digital only pricing loving sucks.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Beastie posted:

Digital games tend to be 40% off around two months after release. Hell, I got Titanfall 2 for $30 two weeks after release. I want less stuff in my apartment.

Titanfall 2 is definitely an outlier there. Decent deals on digital games pretty much entirely depend on sales, and a lot of times those sale prices are still higher than retail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just really tired of knowing all-digital would mean cheaper games, which the PC proved a decade ago after forum posts full of all the same dumb doomsaying that the console gamers who can't imagine a world without Gamestop spout now, but being denied that for the sake of people feeling good about their worthless packaged beta builds.