Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
MCC is the Flint Water Crisis of video games lol.

I still play it and enjoy it very much though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Oh yeah, since this is a new thread I may as well post the link to the Something Awful Goons Xbox Live Club That No One Cares About

Feel free to join here and I will let you in:

https://account.xbox.com/en-US/clubs/profile?clubid=3379882528830478

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Have you guys tried out the Xbox Game Pass yet? I activated my 2 week trial, and I'm really loving it. I've been playing Soul Calibur, Soul Calibur II HD, Hexic 2 (super addictive), Shantae and The Pirate's Curse (great platformer, A++), and a little Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (just bought it at a used book store for $15).

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Are there goons that are active in Halo games (preferably Halo 5 and/or MCC)? I just started a goon group messaging thread with a couple of goons in. If you're not in and want in then message my gamertag, faaart XCUSE ME.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

So I've had a One S for five months. The other night, YouTube or the dashboard glitched bad; I could get the system menu to power it off, which I did.

Now I'm getting a black screen when I start up, and the TV insists no signal is coming from the Bone. I tried the video mode reset thing (eject and power button simultaneously held down), and nothing happens. I tried to restore to default (bind + eject then powering on), nothing happens. Switching cables and TV ports, same thing. Are the button combos different from the original on the S? Or am I just boned and need to send in for warranty repair?

YouTube app on Xbox is pretty trashy. When you get your console working again consider downloading myTube

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
If you use the app, mic, or Kinect you have to make sure Power Saving mode is disabled (which saves a helluva lot of electricity).

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Asimov posted:

I am in the market for a new PC electronic gaming controller. I want to plug it in to my tower with a robust, shock-resistant USB cable that will survive minor abuse. Can anyone recommend a controller that has these features, if they exist?

- XBOX 360 wired controller was sturdy; flexible and non-detachable USB cable a plus. lovely D-pad and somewhat gummy analog sticks/buttons are a minus.
- XBONX One controller felt great, but the loving detachable Micro USB cable is prone to bending and breaking. This is a structural weak point and I would much rather forsake wireless in favor of a permanently connected umbilical cable.

http://imgur.com/a/IVDF2

All of the first-party microsoft controllers appear to have that flimsy external-cable style connection that I dislike. If I could get the xbox one controller form factor with the xbox 360 flexible USB connector that would be a great piece of hardware. Can I find this from micosoft, or is there a high quality 3rd party manufacturer that delivers?

There's a new official USB dongle coming out so just pay the extra money for that LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
You could get one of those braided extra-strong USB cables too

also here's the new USB dongle model coming out if you want to know more about it https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/8/1/16076240/microsoft-xbox-wireless-adapter-new-release-date-pricing

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Rumor has it that CoD: MW2 is coming to backwards compat tomorrow

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Syrinxx posted:

I'd prefer a remaster but this is cool news

RUMORS LOL

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Xbox One X: Project Scorpio Edition = overhyped marketing (OMG LIMITED QUANTITIES)

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
I purchased 22 stamped postcards at the post office yesterday and spent an hour addressing and handwriting information so I could get codes for the Taco Bell Xbox One X Every 10 Minutes game.

I hope I win :D

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
When I win the Xbox One X from Taco Bell I am going to rub it in ya'lls' faces.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Syrinxx posted:

Can we just have Jade Empire with achievements thx in advance

OG Xbox games aren't getting achievements (stated by Mike Ybarra, I don't want to find the tweet but TRUST ME)

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
MCC patch coming in 2018 with Xbox One X enhancements.

I'm so happy. It's like an abusive ex-girlfriend is coming back into my life and I'm enabling her.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

VideoGames posted:

It turns out it is not!

looooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Xlink Kai is still operational if you want to play OG Xbox games online via system-link tunneling.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
My display name on Twitter is Malcolm "Xbox One" X; I think it will be like that for a very long time. I'm excited for the Xbonex even though I won't be getting one at launch. Sucks that you have to buy the Kinect adapter to use Kinect tho

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Fanatic posted:

For those whose $2 game pass has run out there's now a $1 for 1 month offer running until January.

On top of that the 6 month renewal is also 50% off until January and can apparently be stacked for 3 years worth of game pass.

I love these deals. I still haven't ever paid full price for Game Pass because of these.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
can't wait to play Halo: Reach in MCC :cool:

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Finster Dexter posted:

Are you excited about multiplayer? Reach was the worst of the halo multiplayers, imo.

Also, I already have reach on 360 (which is back compat) and don't feel like buying it again just to play it in MCC.

Reach is my favorite Halo title so I am excited about everything in it.

In regards to paying for it, the multiplayer portion of Reach is free for all players who own MCC; the campaign is premium DLC (which is free if you have Xbox Game Pass). I think this is awesome because it the free multiplayer will not split up the player-base :)

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Ineffiable posted:

Reach is also my favorite halo title and for people that could look past the whole idea of armor abilities, reach had some of the best maps I've seen.

But some people are going to get way too mad about Spartans having abilities so their loss for passing up solely on that.

I hope you'll be on Reach with me and Kyle!

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

veni veni veni posted:

How much is just buying Reach as DLC? Also my favorite Halo.

TBD, but hopefully they will announce soon.

One of 343's community managers did a huge AMA in r/gaming here this past Tuesday that answers lots of questions
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/b2yhk8/mcc_pc_halo_reach_and_halo_insider_ama/

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

DrNutt posted:

Reach is going to be on game pass to but I don't know if that will give you access to it on PC since it's not a play anywhere title.

343 hasn't set anything in stone probably because they don't want to make expectations. I really hope it comes as an XPA title with crossplay.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

DrNutt posted:

Hmm I swear I read an article that Microsoft already said that it won't be crossplay because MCC was released before they started that program, but I would be happy to be wrong in this case. I still think the most surprising thing about this is that they're putting it on Steam. Now bring over Forza you cowards.

MCC needs crossplay or else the population is going to be divided and Xbox players will migrate to PC.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

lol

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

twistedmentat posted:

MCC isn't on Windows 10 yet.

No, but it is coming to Xbox Game Pass on PC. And if you want to play MCC early then you can go to https://www.haloinsider.com and sign up to test the game.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
For anyone that signed up for the Halo Insider, the Insider build is out right now. You can play Reach in MCC, and it's freaking amazing! The testing for this flight is Xbox PvP.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Who's ready for Halo Infinite gameplay this month?

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Screw the haters. Anyone wanna play Halo: Reach in Master Chief Collection tonight on Xbox? HMU. Gamertag: faaart XCUSE ME

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

FlamingLiberal posted:

Ehh

I hope it’s good, if it’s on PC GamePass I will play it

All first-party titles come to Game Pass on day one. So, yay! I think Halo Infinite will have a ton of players because of it.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Laserface posted:

Whats your night time? Im in Aus +10GMT

I'm online right now. I'm Eastern time and it is current 8:35 PM

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Halo 3 on PC tomorrow FOLKS! And then it's time for ODST FF in MCC!

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i86Ckj8xKk

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

BonoMan posted:

What? Those are pretty kickin' rad designs.

LeBron James is a goon????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
New Halo 3 dlc maps are out on MCC who wants to play

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Halo LANs are still a thing and still kick rear end. A month or two ago I went to a LAN party where we played with two Xbox One consoles and a laptop. So, there's some "couch co-op" for you. Btw, console has mouse and keyboard support. So, if you need an extra controller for another player you can always opt to purchase a cheap mouse+keyboard combo instead of spending $50 on a new controller from the store.

https://twitter.com/NickArcadeX/status/1391199345995829248

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Kevyn posted:

If it gives you a splitscreen view anyway and you’re all in the same room, what’s the benefit of using multiple consoles and a LAN? Couldn’t you just use one console and multiple controllers/K+M? Or are you over complicating it for the fun of it?

If you have more than 4 people, which we did. Then you need multiple consoles.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Anyone playing the Halo Infinite tech preview on an original Xbox One or One S? What's the performance like? I hear some people get 30-40 fps while others report that it can reach 60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

univbee posted:

There probably isn’t a good way to seamlessly do this due to the amount of RAM used, but I could see a game that had a menu option that one-button quick saves, quits cloud, loads local.

Remember when you made fun of me for being hyped for Halo MCC back in 2014 and then blowing up because the game was broken