Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Beastie posted:

I’m not a Halo mp fan but MCC is an assload of video games for a decent price.

This doesn’t surprise me. At the start of the new year the devs made an announcement that they’re going back, fixing things, adding more, and updating for the One X.

It’s a pretty ambitious project.

They are never going to fix the problem where everyone is booted out of lobbies post game. It worked initially and after one of the early updates never again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

3>5 multiplayer. Pretty sure it also launched with more modes. It's cool they added BTB to H5 but that wasn't that after like half the fans stopped playing?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

RBX posted:

New Rare is not old Rare.

True, Rare hasn't been good for at least 3 generations of consoles.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Alpha Protocol 2 confirmed

Hopefully with good gameplay this time.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

One of the biggest problems with Andromeda is pace. In Mass Effect 2 & 3, the pace was great. Story/mission set up then action. In Andromeda it tended to be Story/mission set up, drive around a planet for 20 minutes or something else tedious, part of the mission, drive around for 10 minutes, and then finish the mission. I also thought the level design was worse.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Barudak posted:

Microsoft's flagship title to buy their console for is a multiplat they dont even have advertising rights to.

Imagine paying for the advertising rights to a game and this happens for the people that didn't.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

How do you get the movies to update in the movies & tv app? I have it linked to my movies anywhere account and it updated once. Since then it doesn't update when movies are added to my movies anywhere account.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

RBX posted:

Not playing the PS2 is crazy. I'll buy you one myself. Nobody should miss out on that.

I never owned one. One of the first things I did with my PS4 was buy Parappa 2. I wish there were more PS2 games available on the store.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

How many good games are there that haven't been made BC yet? The only one I can think that I'd play is Scott Pilgrim vs the World and I don't think that will ever be made bc.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Lammasu posted:

I just learned that the Halo meets Portal free to play game Splitstream has a kill/confirm mode where you have to tea bag the target. The idea that Halo doesn't have this fills me with rage.

Splitgate rules. Both that game and Halo Infinite scratch the Halo itch but in different ways for me.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Laserface posted:

i had a mid 2011 mid-range iMac. replaced the 1TB 3.5" with an SSD and I was using it happily up until a year ago when I sold it for half what I paid for it.

I believe the Xbone OG was using Sata II for the internal drive, and having stuff on an external drive, even just another HDD, would greatly improve performance because you're writing from one drive to the internal drives cache rather than reading/writing from the same drive.

either way I've had a crucial MX500 1TB for all my non-series titles and its been fine since the one X.

e: absolutely turbo gently caress anyone playing halo infinite on a One/S. the waiting is a joke.

lol I play on an old xbox one. I'd buy a Series X but not at scalper prices.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Barudak posted:

Did the 20th anniversary thing and you can clearly see my gamerscore drop in years where I had poo poo. to. do.

Also poor original Xbox, only knows the first game I took online with it which I thought was Mechassault but apparently was Halo 2???

I think with the OG xbox stuff it must be missing some of the live data. Mech Assault was def my first online game on og Xbox (then Midtown Madness) but it lists Halo 2.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Laserface posted:

people acting like its a warcrime that it might take 5000hrs to unlock everything or cost $2000 to buy it all are hilariously stupid and i will never tire of telling them so on reddit.

E:

literally the only reason I made an account was to troll idiots.

"other games do similar feature better"
"you're an idiot"

Then again, I guess I might be being too fair to some of the people complaining about the battle pass. It isn't worth getting mad about but it is a terrible battle pass system.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Is Yakuza Like a Dragon leaving game pass with the other Yakuza games?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Now I'm wondering if the 360 version of Ghostbusters runs better than the remaster on XSX.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Lol at no Halo Infinite content announced.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Can I go online with friend in couch co-op to join other players in the new Turtles game? Or is it one of those games where it is couch co-op or online but not both at once?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

imo Turtles is way more fun than SoR4.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

hanyolo posted:

Back 4 blood sucked on release, the card system was poo poo and the difficulty curve sucked but the latest patch has made it a pretty enjoyable game. You play all your cards now instead of having to pick and they scaled the difficulty better, among a bunch or other fixes.

Should never have done the card system imo.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

SUNKOS posted:

Thanks for all the comments on that Jedi game the low price and video reviews had me tempted but it sounds like I would have hated it.

I think Disney wants to avoid anything where we see people getting sliced up by lightsabers maybe? I did note in a video someone complained that in the Jedi game you hack Stormtroopers up but they just fall down, you don't cut through them or anything and I think the one thing everyone wants from a Star Wars game is really satisfying melee combat where you can gently caress people up and maybe they gently caress you up and you lose a limb here or there but can just upgrade yourself like Luke getting a new hand or whatever.

Would you put your brain in a robot body?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

John F Bennett posted:

Who likes Atari? Also coming to Xbox this November.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQKwj_hi-Gc

Could be cool!

Wow this looks like it has Jaguar games. Hope they add Brutal Sports Football.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The best far cry is blood dragon, great length/fun game.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Who owns the rights to Defender because I’ll buy day 1 if that Atari collection has Defender 2000 from Jaguar.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Seltzer posted:

I've always maintained the haptics and VR hype is massively overstated. I cynically believe the controller haptics was developed in part to use in marketing to convince people how "next gen" the PS5 is when both systems are really very similar and not huge upgrades over the last generation (especially the midgen consoles). Don't get me wrong the series X is a great step up from my one but there's less wow factor going from generation to generation now and the haptics and secret hyper SSD talk always seemed like Blast Processing type stuff to move units. I imagine the haptics get used for 1st party games and then slightly for 3rd party games where its easy (shooters, racers). I haven't used a ps5 controller myself but I can't see haptics being the big game changer it is marketed as. As for VR I have zero desire to own one even if I had the hardware for it and I enjoy games where it would theoretically be cool (flight sim hitman etc). I'm sure its fun to try for a few minutes but I would never shell out the cash for one or use it much if I had it. Not a single person I know who plays games wants or has one either. I need to try the ps5 controller before I can speak with authority but Quick Resume, how MS handles cloud saves over generations, and Smart Delivery are cooler to me than a controller that massages fingers .

If a game is cross platform, I'd get the PS5 version for haptics. When they are used right, they def make games more immersive.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

FlapYoJacks posted:

Why would I want to buy SC1 when I have the original disk on my Dreamcast? :smug:

Disc rot is coming for your classic games.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Still holds up really well IMHO. Alpha Protocol maybe not as much, the environments are tiny and the camera is super close to the character. Might be better on PC though, I only have it on PS3

Alpha Protocol's gameplay was bad when the game was new. Everyone just liked the branching story stuff enough to ignore it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

hatty posted:

Only bad Xbox name was the One imo, the rest are fine and are cooler than just putting a number at the end. Sega had the best names though and Nintendo does alright except for the Wii U and >New< 3DS

Xbox One X caused Xbox Series X to be a bad name imo.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

precision posted:

i haven't bought a disc game since like 2016. once the digital storefronts started getting regular deep sales on literally every game, as long as you wait 1 to 3 months, i haven't even thought about buying a disc

I’ll get discs if a game is delisted or if I find a really good deal on a used copy.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

otter posted:

proof babies love Fallout New Vegas.
Also the soundtrack owns and all babies should listen to Johnny Guitar and Big Iron.

I wish console New Vegas could use mods like 4.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

It is amazing how badly Microsoft destroyed their biggest franchise. Lol at the game being almost a year old and only having 2 additional maps. 343 should never be allowed to make another Halo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Step 1: buy the studio that made splitgate
Step 2: turn splitgate into Halo 7.