Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

univbee posted:

Ben Kuchera is that you?

He doesn't tie every single post he makes into his midlife crisis and his five loving kids, so no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I really enjoyed Quantum Break but it's one of those things where its entire existence was greenlit as a proof of concept for something (Xbox TV Studio Division) that wasn't even a thing anymore by the time it released and it shows. Like Alan Wake we will never get a proper sequel but 5 years from now we may get a smaller budget title that makes us mourn what could have been.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

HyperPuma posted:

making games?

a bold new direction from visionary phil spencer

And because Microsoft will want to recoup their production costs, I look forward to being able to play these on the PC day and date with the XboneX version

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I find myself in awe at how absolutely bland feeling and ugly looking Crackdown 3 turned out.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
So basically what I’m getting is that:

- The S is really the “main” product because given the absolutely massive gap in specs, third parties will almost unilaterally target the lowest common denominator.

- Continuing with this, the S will be the actual focus of MS moving forward because it’s way more in line with the goal of making “Xbox” synonymous with a service rather than a device.

- All this is moot anyway because, at least for the first year or two, first party studios are going to have to make sure that games run on everything back to the original launch day Xbox One from 2013, which fuckin lollin my tits off tbqh.

They learned nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
PS5 for me coupled with keeping my 2080ti until games actually need the boosted power to do 1440p with max settings and ray tracing. I game from a couch with my PC connected to my TV so 60fps is fine. I don’t play competitive multiplayer, so yeah.