Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Do any of you guys use a Kinect for Skype still? I just picked up and Xbox One S and was thinking of looking for a cheap Kinect solely for use as a Skype camera. I often use Skype so my family can talk to distant relatives, but crowding around the PC is a bit awkward and thought having it in our living room on the TV might make the experience better for everyone. Also, you don't need Gold to use Skype on Xbox, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I was just about to open up my new Xbox, but had to hesitate. I bought the Xbox Halo collection bundle, which includes MCC and Halo 5, but nowhere on the box does it say that the system has an UHD BluRay drive, which is the main reason I bought it. It just says 'play Blu Ray movies and stream 4k and HDR". Now that I look at it again, it doesn't actually say 'Xbox One S' anywhere either. Just 'Xbox One'. It sure looks like the 'S' consoles I've seen pictures of, but the lack of information on the box has me second guessing myself. So before I open it: this thing for sure has an UHD drive, right?

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

That's the one! And once I opened it up it did say Xbox One S on the actual console. I thought the UHD drive was a real selling point for this system. I'm surprised it isn't written in huge letters on the box!

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Twerk from Home posted:

It also looks like the long-term HDR format winner (Dolby Vision) isn't supported by the Xbone S.

Oh shiiiiit. Should've done more research I guess. Surely that could be patched in though, right?