Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Has there been anything new about OG Xbox titles coming to Xbox One? I haven't heard anything since E3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There's no reason to want the Scorpio Edition. If you can happen to get it then cool, but you're not missing anything by not having it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The new UI update today is nice I guess, but where is the new Avatar and OG Xbox update? I don't get why Microsoft has been so quiet about these two updates since E3.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BattleTech posted:

OG Xbox games are coming tomorrow: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/23/first-13-original-xbox-games-announced-for-xbox-one-compatibility

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Ninja Gaiden Black
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Fuzion Frenzy
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Psychonauts
Dead to Rights
Black
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Sid Meier’s Pirates!
Red Faction II
BloodRayne 2
The King of Fighters Neowave

This is a good start! I want Ninja Gaiden Black. Still holding out hope for Panzer Dragoon Orta.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

univbee posted:

My list of games which haven't been mentioned yet
  • Gunvalkyrie
  • Metal Wolf Chaos

Just like Panzer Dragoon Orta, these will never happen but god it would be so amazing if it did.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Adaptabullshit posted:

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/games/gears-of-war-4/xbox-one-x-enhanced

Good thing I held off on Gears of War 4 until the X comes out, these enhancements sound awesome.

Gears of War 3 multiplayer to this day is still vastly superior so it doesn't matter.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kinda hyped to play Panzer Dragoon Orta on Xbox One. Any idea when it'll go live today? Usually digital games are available for download pretty early in the morning on Xbox Live, but that still isn't the case for the new batch of backwards compatible titles.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

New backwards compatible games are up now. :D

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barudak posted:

Im buying Panzer Dragoon even though ill likely not play it since theres no way i have the time and patience to unlock everything again but i can pretend I will.

After you finish the campaign, there is a bonus level you can do that resets over and over again. Leave this running and all content will unlock after 20 hours of gameplay.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barudak posted:

I know, but after beating the campaign like 30 times already in my life Ill probably not even finish that.

Nah, Ill beat it again.

I'm going to beat it again. I'm excited to do all of this over again. I'll have to completely relearn the game again though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Also, i'm sure this is a given, but Knights of the Old Republic II (this is coming later), and Morrowind should not be played on the Xbox. These are super buggy versions of those games. Don't get Pirates! on Xbox either, it's a downscaled port of the PC version and is missing features. Jade Empire has a much better remastered version on Steam.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bought Blinx, Ninja Gaiden, and Crimson Skies today as well. These are all games I never played on original Xbox.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Auron posted:

is this the classic gaming thread?

Since classic Xbox games are the only thing that separate the Xbox One from all of the other consoles, it might as well be.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BattleTech posted:

It was definitely after because a friend was trying to trade my copy of Oblivion for his Black. I do not regret not doing it.

Both games suck so it wouldn't have mattered.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Destiny 2 owns, sorry dorks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've heard slightly rumors of a new PlayStation announcement for E3. I want to say that is super unlikely but I said the same thing about the PS4 Pro.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

trash person posted:

If Sony does a PS5 next year like everyone expects them to Microsoft will undoubtedly do a new console. What is the motivational factor behind buying the Xbonx if it's not the most powerful console anymore.

How well has the Xbox One X sold?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RBX posted:

The PS4 Pro hasn't even been out long enough to justify a brand new console, what are people thinking?

That was the case with the regular PS4, and the Pro still happened.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

What is “the best looking game” out now? Is it even on Xbox one x? Lol

In all seriousness, God of War, and Horizon Zero Dawn. At least on consoles. I don't really know what could be the best looking games on PC. Forza 7, Grand Theft Auto V, and Destiny 2? On Xbox One, it's for sure Forza 7 in my opinion.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've decided that I want to get Red Dead Redemption 2 for Xbox One instead of PS4. Only because I like my Xbox Live screen name on more then my PSN name and Sony still doesn't allow name changes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I still play Gears of War 3 multiplayer. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want to upgrade to a One X depending on how Red Dead Redemption 2 takes advantage.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Excited about the Xbox Live Gold games for July. I love Virtua Fighter V.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

What if I’m a racist rapist

Then you'll have a home in Blizzard games but not UBISoft apparently.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Madden series sucks so much. :( I miss when there was actual competition in the NFL space.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

At least Madden 19 is going to be on PC. I may actually buy it against my better judgement to support that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The last time any reliable numbers were revealed put the Xbox One at 29 million units sold and that was back in 2016.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

I've just heard some people saying that Microsoft may just walk out of the gaming hardware business. But if the Xbox hardware is successful than why would they?

People have been saying this since the original Xbox.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Knack is the best game ever made.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I actually love the backwards compatibility of Xbox One and appreciate it a ton. I was super happy to see Original Xbox games come to the system.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There are still new games being release for PlayStation 3.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's crazy to think about that every few years there is a new game for Sega Genesis or Super Nintendo. These are ultra niche games that only a handful of people ever buy, but it does exist.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Maneki Neko posted:

Games with Gold for August:

Bonetown:

Forza Horizon 2
For Honor

360:

Dead Space 3
Epic Mickey 2

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/07/26/new-games-with-gold-for-august-2018/

Seems EHHHHHHHHHH, although for folks that have never played a Horizon game, Forza Horizon 2 still holds up pretty well.

loving For Honor is extremely hype. I am excited about that even though I already have the game on PC.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

I think I'll buy an xb1x tomorrow and start off with Master Chief collection and GoW remaster. Can someone detail what exactly is included with these? It's hard to tell from googling.

The Master Chief collection is the remaster of Halo 1 & Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bogart posted:

Dear friends. Recently I purchased the most powerful console ever at a deep discount. What are the best most powerful console ever exclusives that I should take a look at?

Here is the list you should be looking at:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

Who the hell sold you an X for 150

Target made a mistake on their website last week.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bogart posted:

Yup! They cancelled an order for a board game and a Nintendo labo kit but let this go through no problemo. I also bought a PSVR for a hundred, to put my lack of thrift in perspective.

Jealous, I really want a PSVR.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't think there is one? For me, it's Halo Reach.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Battlefield series is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lambert posted:

Wrong. Actually, it's good.

Play Titanfall 2 instead.