Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

That's what I'm reading too. Also it was a 2016 model not 2017, I hosed up, so at this point might as well get one of those purty new ones with weird Aussie voltage and sad face plugs. Only once I have settled though... gently caress moving

Wait, are you moving to Australia? Cause all of their stuff is hosed and stupid expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I always read about how awful it is to be a gamer in Australia. Horrible internet that is both overpriced and slow, and stupidly inflated prices for video games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I started a new playthrough of Mass Effect 2 this week. Playing for the first time on Xbox. :homebrew:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

4K and HDR is really amazing, but in order to get this you need an absurdly expensive TV. My TV has HDR, and Xbox One doesn't even support it, I have the wrong kind of HDR. Unless you're willing to throw down $2500+ for a TV with Dolby Digital HDR, then don't bother.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

univbee posted:

What the gently caress? There are TV's without HDR10 support?

As i've learned the hard way, yes. :/ But I couldn't afford a HDR10 TV anyways, so whatever. The jump from HDR8 to HDR10 and then Dolby Digital, is steep.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

All of my movies are digital on Amazon, who doesn't even offer 4K on their digital service, just 1080p. I'm honestly fine with this, and Xbox One S scales all video to 4K anyways. Which I realize is not as nice looking but it still looks really good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Beastie posted:

I put the Blu-ray for SW: A New Hope in and I was loving floored with the picture quality. I've rented a few UHD movies off of Live and they looked pretty good.

Logan in UHD along with Planet Earth 2 are still my "holy poo poo" movies.

Watched Planet Earth 2 on Netflix, they have it in native 4K and that was pretty amazing looking. I can't imagine the blu-ray version.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Beastie posted:

The hummingbirds in 4k Planet Earth are just unreal.

I haven't sprung for the extra 4k subscription on Netflix. How are you liking it?

Amazon streaming has 4k content but it's only their original stuff.

Love it! It's mostly their original content that is in 4K, and documentaries, but I love Netflix original content. The wife and I recently binged the Crown, and Lost in Space. Both are goofy shows but they looked beautiful in 4K and were fun to watch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Motherfucker, excuse me while I throw my Sony TV out the window.

quote:

Pairs 4K Ultra HD picture clarity with the contrast, color, and detail of Dolby Vision high dynamic range (HDR) for the most lifelike picture

Welp, now I know better and have throughly owned myself, and there's really nothing I can do about it until the TV I have now dies. I could sell it but it's really not worth it to me to go through that effort right now.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Aug 9, 2018

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

derk posted:

I'm sure your Sony TV is really nice, but these tvs get really good reviews, i was only referencing for the $2,500 price point as this for an alternative.

I do appreciate the link a lot, and thank you! Everything I saw said these TVs were super expensive. So i'm kicking myself for being super wrong.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RAGE wasn't a good game, but i'm really excited for RAGE 2 anyways. The E3 gameplay looked fantastic.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That is very impressive! This is a good alternative if you are not able to play Morrowind on PC.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Be sure to claim For Honor today if you have Xbox Live Gold. This is a pretty good fighting game with a unique fighting style and mechanics. I have it on PC with the season pass, but it'll be awesome to play it on the TV now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've owned all main Xbox consoles so i'm allowed to bash the Xbox One. :colbert:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

EA just recently launched Origin Access Premier on PC, which is $100 for a year but gives you instant access to their entire library of games, including future titles available right away on launch day. I hope that service comes to Xbox.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Amazon.ca just killed the 10% preorder discount on games, already was reduced from 20%. I guess they finally figured out that Canadians are used to price gouging/corporate collusion. I thought they'd at least wait until Best Buy and EB Games went under.

This change is worldwide. Now it's $10 off.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Define “great”. Because it’s not last of us and god of war lol. It’s not Spider-Man. Xbox has great games and the fact that all Microsoft stuff is day one on game pass is even better. There’s enough to last a life time and I’ll be happy to play the best version of RDr2 on Xbox one X.

The Xbox shill gimmick you got going is really weird.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Dude, I love 7, I don’t know what to tell you. I have maybe 200 hours in horizon 3 as well. Can’t wait for 4. Day one on gamepass so I don’t even need to spend 60 on it.

How many Bing points show up on your account whenever you post like this?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Xbox Ambassador posted:

How many posts across all 5 versions of the Xbox loving sucks Megathread do you have?

all of them

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't think anything will ever top Forza 4.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

And it'll never be back compatible

The saddest reality of our time. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Xbox Ambassador posted:

It should be on gamepass eventually. I know horizon 4 will be day one on there. Maybe just wait a month

5 bing points have been credited to your account.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Unlike Xbox Ambassador who is just gimmick posting, I actually own an Xbox One.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Can you source your quotes? I'm really interested in what sub-reddit you're getting this stuff from lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Xbox Ambassador posted:

This guy thinks liking a console is a “gimmick”. Says a lot about his broken brain I think. You work IT bro? Lol

It's the posting like a shill that gives it away.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Laserface posted:

Sea of thieves literally put me to sleep while I played with friends.

It is garbage.

I like my Xbox one though. I mostly play shooters and I like the controller.

Yeah, the people saying Sea of Thieves is a good game, are straight up trolling or shills or both. The Xbox One has a great controller, and like you I mostly play shooters and racing games on it. Currently playing Call of Duty Infinite Warfare because it was on sale for $20 the past week and I had never played it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Auron posted:

Sounds like you poors need to upgrade your sound systems. I never hear any of my consoles because they're 7 feet away from me immersed in glorious surround sound.

A soundbar is something I want to get eventually. Current gen TVs have terrible speakers.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

When is the original Xbox Games list going to be updated again? Its been awhile.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

Forza sucks bring back project Gotham

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

KillianLett posted:

CoD: Modern Warfare 2 just hit Backwards Compatible. On sale for $15 for gold members in the store.

Why would you want this though when the remaster for Xbox One exists?

Can we please have Time Splitters 2 on Xbox One?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What a disaster. Microsoft needs to just cut their loses and abandon Halo already. No one cares about that series anymore.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Things Xbox Ambassador will pretend to own: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/08/29/xbox-elite-controller-white-xbox-one-x-fallout-76-bundle/

Microsoft announced a Fallout 76 bundle that is a pretty neat looking Xbox One X that is in white. I want to maybe replace my Battlefield 1 Xbox One S bundle with this in November if finances will allow for it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

God drat, this is pretty awesome. Now if Microsoft can just try even a tiny bit to put in some effort on their Live Gold offerings.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

You just bought a copy of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Spoiler alert: He doesn't actually own an Xbox.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

American McGay posted:

Why are people posting about PS+ exclusives in the Xbox thread, that's my only question. Doesn't make much sense to me. There's a Playstation thread on this forum somewhere, I'm sure of it.

This thread is primarily for hating on the Xbox. That said, with the exception of like one poster in here who is pretending, everyone else actually owns an Xbox at least, and usually both consoles.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

VideoGames posted:

If people want to talk about, and like, the xbox, then I do not see the harm in doing that in this, the xbox thread. If people own an xbox and dislike it, they can do that too.

Someone liking the console is not a care troll. People on this site like lots of different things. If they want to post about liking it, I am not going to stop them. Likewise, if they own one and are disillusioned by it, the same thing stands.

I just wanted to nip a full on page fight in the bud.

It was a little bit confusing to me because he wasn't the one that posted about the PS+ deals and he actually owns an Xbox. I don't get why Xbox Ambassador is allowed to continue with his gimmick when he legitimately doesn't own an Xbox and is clearly gimmick posting. There's no way his fanboy level love of the Xbox brand is sincere and its been the contributing factor of the vast majority of slap fights in this thread lately.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I miss my original Xbox, but am thankful for backwards compatibility on X1. I just need Time Splitter 2, and Dead or Alive 3 on BC now.

What are you using to plug your N64 into your TV? I'm kinda jealous of your classic console collection.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

univbee posted:

One of the big issues with all the complementary offerings (and somewhat more pronounced with Gamepass and sort-of with PSNow since what you get with them is a bigger but not huge batch of titles) is that the better a customer you are for the provider, the worse a deal it is for you since you might already own most or all the games you would care about.

I've noticed there are a couple publishers that you can count on almost always giving away their games at some point. UBISoft, Square-Enix, and Konami are the big ones that come to mind.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1034896972677873666

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wasn't Return to Arkham an awful game though? I only really liked Arkham Asylum, but I remember reading that the remaster was messed up and looked worst than the 360/PS3 versions.