Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Are XBox servers just chronically slow or am I missing something here?

I have gigabit fios into my house, I can get screaming fast downloads on pretty much any service, and other devices on my network ping the internet in the teens in terms of latency. I recently got an SX, and prior to that had an Xbone, it seems like no matter what I do my store downloads always crawl at like 30-40mb/s. Ive tried different network cables, DNS settings, etc. The speed test utility in settings reports back slow speeds as well. Usually my in game latency is fine, but the speed test says 175ms.

This has been going on for months, I have never had a fast download from the store. I really cant figure out what is going on. I do sysadmin/telecom work by trade so I have ruled out all the common problems. Really starting to piss me off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU