Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad
Not sure how to troubleshoot this but ever since I got my Series S on launch day, the screen will randomly flicker to black for about a second, a few times over a 1-2min period upon returning from standby. This seems to happen with HDR games and doesn’t happen after the first couple mins that the console has been on. Also seems to only happen when Instant On is enabled. I’m not sure if there’s a setting somewhere that is messing something up but it sure is annoying. Doesn’t happen with HDR games on my PS4 and haven’t had any other issues with the TV itself (Samsung KS8000). Has anyone else experienced this?

UncleGuito fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

pthighs posted:

Does cross-play extend to doing online co-op with someone on Xbox while I'm on PC? I'm asking about Sea of Thieves in particular if that matters.

I've played Sea of Thieves coop online with one of my buddies who had the PC version.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

Has anyone noticed a big increase to the energy bill by having the Xbox Series in instant-on mode? One of my friends saw his bill jump over $20 when he got his Xbox but it unclear if anything else changed in his setup.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

Series S back in stock at Costco for $290 shipped if anyones still looking.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

Was grabbing some toilet paper at Target earlier and decided to ask them if they got any consoles recently. They had one XSX they were loading off the truck that minute and saved it for me.

10 months of asking every week finally paid off lol

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

Does anyone use a Sonos Beam with their XSX? I'm getting noticeable audio lag when using Dolby Digital. All TV settings are set to automatic and not really seeing any other settings to mess with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

Ruffian Price posted:

If it's a Beam Gen2, look up the specifics for your TV's eARC support - the LG CX, for instance, only does it over HDMI2, the rest are regular ARC (and the TV reencodes the DD+ stream, adding to latency). If it's a Gen1, you're boned. Criminal that Sonos doesn't include passthrough in any of their bars.

My TV doesn’t have earc so I guess I’m screwed either way? I have the gen 1 Beam. Does this audio lag happen with any other sound bars?