Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've been out of the Xbox ecosystem for this entire gen,in fact I haven't touched an Xbone until today, but I had an extra PS4 and figured it would be more fun to trade for and Xbox than just sell it.

Just have a few questions:

1. Does Xbox have something like PS4 sleep mode where you can pick up where you left off and download stuff, even with the system partially off? I see 2 options for energy saver and some other one, but all of the text is about cortana and cable and other bullshit I don't care about. I only see an option to turn the system off, not sleep.

2. Not a question but I am very happy with how much of my 360 collection is BC. Bunch of great stuff on there, but...

3. Why is there a bunch of stuff on my list of owned games that I never bought? I think my Gold membership lapsed maybe a month after PS4 came out and that was very shortly after they started the free monthly games. I have Master Chief collection, Watch_Dogs, Some Assassins Creed games, Dead Rising, Gears...then a handful of stuff I've never even heard of and more. And it appears I own them outright, except gears which is some sort of "play now buy later" thing. I'm not complaining, but it doesn't make any sense. All in all theres probably 15 games I never bought in my on demand list. The system was wiped and I used my old login, so it wouldn't be related to the previous owner I don't think? Did MS just give some poo poo out for free while I wasn't using my account? The whole thing is really weird. Hope I didn't get hacked at some point.

4. Any exclusives I may have missed that aren't super obvious would be welcome recommendations as I've been totally out of the loop.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jun 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

so...how does it work? If I turn the system off is it still connected to the internet or do I need to do something special?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ok. cool thanks.

Also jfc Sony's wifi is so bad by comparison. I am getting 2x the speeds I get on my PS4 pro on this OG Xbox one and the pro is way better than my other PS4 was.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Halo and Gears aren't EA games either, they are Microsoft. Assassin's Creed is Ubisoft, and Dead Rising is Capcom.

You probably have someone else's "home console," enjoy the games while you have them!

That's what I'm thinking. He formatted the HD, but maybe the console is making them available because it was his main?

The only other thing I can think of is that MS charged me for Gold for a few months in there and I didn't notice. Because most of those were free at one point I believe.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Beastie posted:

Welcome back to Xbox! Still NES Guerrilla?

Thanks! Nihils Maw on Xbox. What are you playin these days?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

MCC is the Flint Water Crisis of video games lol.

I still play it and enjoy it very much though.

Since I have this free copy I'm Dl'ing it now and remembering how poorly received it was. Did they not fix it? What exactly did they gently caress up (if it's multi you can just say multi without going into specifics because I only like Halo Single player and Co-op).

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thats good. I never cared for the multiplayer at all but the campaigns were all pretty fun.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wait...the Xbox one S doesn't support Kinect? :lol: wow.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah. But they were trying to make it mandatory and the main selling point back at launch, so it's kind of funny that they have said "gently caress it" to that degree.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I haven't kept up with Xbox in general or read any of the shark tank threads since launch, so if dropping Kinect support out of the box has been the butt of a million jokes already, I missed it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Are you guys going to be playing playerunknown battlegrounds when it comes out?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Beastie posted:

I'm very much looking forward to this on Xbox. They haven't given a timeline of when it will be available. All I've heard is that the devs have it running on an Xbox and want to get it to Preview program soon.

The game looks to be very much my kind of game.

Yeah same. I'm looking forward to it.

Anyone know if there is some way to get that dumb over priced season pass for FO4 for cheap? Does it go on sale much? I want to pick it up but I don't want to pay 50 bones for it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Gotta say it's kind of fun playing fallout with actual mods since PS4 doesn't let almost anything through. Especially as a life long console dude. Is Skyrim the same deal on Xbox?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Right on, thanks.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What's the difference between State of Decay for Xbone and 360?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't get how someone could hate the PS4 controller. It is pretty great. I hated the Dualshock 3 and loved the 360 controller and I actually prefer the DS4 to the bone controller. They are both pretty good but I actually think the current Xbox controller feels like a downgrade from the 360. Dualshock 4 is tits.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Figured since my Xbonx has only gotten about an hour of use in the 2 months I've had it,I better go buy something for it I can't play on PS4 so I grabbed Quantum Break and...this game is way better than I expected. I really didn't hear anything but mediocre things about it, but it's super entertaining. Graphics are phenomenal, shooting feels nice and crunchy and the story is super fun so far. I even like the cheesy TV episodes in between. Seems like a winner so far.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah the more I play it I'm finding why it got a mediocre reception. The story is pretty fun but man it gets repetitive quick and the combat encounters are getting super annoying.

Also jfc I am so over bullet sponge heavies in video games.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Aug 7, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

A dualshock 3 of all things...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lets face it, probably not a single one of us on these forums is good enough at games for wired/vs wireless to actually matter and plugging things in sucks.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So, I'll probably finish up Quantum break this weekend. Whats another exclusive worth busting out?

How are Halo 5 and Gears 4?
Other stuff I might try are Ori and the Blind forest and Recore.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cool that's the one I was leaning towards.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I want to play Halo 5 and Gears 4, but knowing it's probably just more of the same basically gives me zero urgency to play them since I'm always just 1 and done with the single player and don't touch the MP.

Beastie posted:

If you have a Kinect I recommend Fru.

It's the only game I've ever seen make a novel use of motion other than "waggle to do x."

I seriously wish we had more novel ideas like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su6Jsn2V2L0

That looks fun. No kinect though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ryse seems like Xbone's Knack.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Quantum Break really feels like it was made 10 years ago. Shooters have come a long way and QB seems to include just about every single lovely thing that shooters used to have but got rid of.

I am so ready for this game to be over but it just will not end.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It might be 7 hours long but it feels like 40.

I started out thinking it was dope but I'm going to say at this point it's teetering somewhere between worth $15 and terrible. Maybe one of the lamest time travel stories ever told with some sloppy rear end gameplay sandwiched in between.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah, I don't hate the actual story. it's a little bit corny but it's enjoyable enough. The time travel aspect of it just seems super lame and half baked, and even lamer in a gameplay context. All of his powers seems so loosely related to time travel and the non combat stuff is so canned it feels like a joke.

I probably missed a lot of exposition because the game talks over itself so much and piles every bit of lore on top of each other though.

hatch is already dead at the point I'm at. Tbh I didn't fully understand what his plan was maybe there is more coming up, but I am at what I'm pretty sure is the end boss. I was going to finish it tonight, but Serene's AOE attack was annoying the hell out of me.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Aug 13, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It wasn't that bad I was just burned out on playing and I kept getting snagged on a computer or something while trying to dodge it , so I figured it was best to call it a night.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't believe Halo is a 100gb download.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hahaha

I actually would have done that but I realized I could just play it free with this game pass trial.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm going to email Danny McBride about this file size.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I take back what I said last night about the end boss fight of quantum break not seeming that bad. This is definitely getting my worst boss fight of the year award. I'd kill to be able to just bump it down to easy and watch the ending, but like most other things about Quantum Break, it's a relic of the PS2 era and doesn't let you switch difficulties.

This entire fight is a nightmare. I literally can't tell the difference between the AOE red attack and the red poo poo spreading all over the floor all the time, the camera auto pans to wherever it is, sticking it behind Jack, so when I try to run out of there he gets stuck on something I couldn't see, and of course has to do a very long and cinematic animation that gets me killed. The checkpoint is before the cutscene, which is hiding another load, so I have to watch two load screens to get back to the fight, which has no checkpoints, much like the rest of the over long battles in this game. I hate this game so much right now. Ive died like 30 times on this poo poo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I know what I'm technically supposed to do. It's more a matter of finding the fight incredibly visually disorienting and jacks tendency to do long dramatic stumbling animations every time he makes contact with one of the 1000 objects strewn around the room. This technically shouldn't be hard at all but here I am like 2 hours later. The worst part is that my deaths feel totally random. Like, I'm just standing there fine and he drops dead.

Does Xbox have share play? I'd pay someone like 5 dollars to just beat this for me lol.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 13, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

All in all it took me like 2.5 hours to get through, and then the ending was a 1 minute long lame cliff hanger. Any tiny bit of love I had left for that game was drained during that fight. Already traded it in. What a pos.

It has potential and some good qualities, but there was just so much wrong with it I'd never recommend it to anyone.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Haha yeah. I guess it was worth playing through once.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You bought an Xbox over a PS4 for exclusives?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Chris Christie posted:

I already have a non-Pro PS4. Also I need a 4k Blu Ray player.

And I will probably buy a Pro too anyway since I'm a hopeless capitalist stooge. If there are any kind of Black Friday bundles they've got me hook, line, and sinker.

Ah, gotcha.

Personally I just bought a pro and traded my old PS4 for a bone on Craigslist. Figure id get the best of both worlds that way. I've struggled to find much to play on it tbh.

I'm personally looking forward to PU battlegrounds and cuphead but that's about it. I'm playing the new Halo right now and it blows.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Are Halo reach and ODST BC? I got that Halo collection and realized that the two I actually wanted to play were the ones that weren't on there lol.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm with you man. I prefer the convenience of console gaming and don't care about the extra performance I'd get from PC. But the guy everyone was initially responding to said he had a decent PC and preferred playing on that and he also has a PS4, and just bought the Xbox for exclusives...which there are virtually none.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does F2P work like PSN where you don't need a sub to play online? Or do you need gold to play it?